Space X destroying the night sky one add at a time?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It was only a matter of time:

walle_0_41_12_full.jpg

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
So where would the law be on a different company that rents out a giant laser that lets you shoot down space billboards? I really don't see what legal right they would have to operate those things from space, and if the answer is "its a free-for-all" I circle back to my space laser question.

Reactions: McRpro

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Crypto taking over :yo:

in this day and age, how could you possibly NOT be invested in one of the major cryptos?!? The writing is all over the damn walls...

edit - Doge is NOT a major crypto btw lmao.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

in this day and age, how could you possibly NOT be invested in one of the major cryptos?!? The writing is all over the damn walls...

They aren't taking over anything and won't until there is more stability in the market. They, or a future version of them, will likely by important in the not too distant future, but right now most people don't have the financial leeway in their investments to ride the highs and lows that even established cryptos are still known for. Add that they are still generally useless when trying to use them to actually buy stuff, ya they aren't taking over anything yet. Anyways this is not a thread about crypto currency.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
In case people didn't read the article, they won't be projecting ads into the sky, they are launching a screen with a selfie-stick attached which will be broadcast on Twitch, where ads will be displayed during the stream.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
In case people didn't read the article, they won't be projecting ads into the sky, they are launching a screen with a selfie-stick attached which will be broadcast on Twitch, where ads will be displayed during the stream.
Why would anyone tune in just to watch a bunch of ads? I don’t get it. Will the rest of the time be streams of space with ad breaks occasionally, or is it just continual ads?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

You better check again fella. Its market cap is number 7 and just made a bundle off of it and Xlm hell yeah :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
They aren't taking over anything and won't until there is more stability in the market. They, or a future version of them, will likely by important in the not too distant future, but right now most people don't have the financial leeway in their investments to ride the highs and lows that even established cryptos are still known for. Add that they are still generally useless when trying to use them to actually buy stuff, ya they aren't taking over anything yet. Anyways this is not a thread about crypto currency.
Countries with inflationary currency are using stable coins and crypto as currency in lots of places as i text this.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I was just joking around lol.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Countries with inflationary currency are using stable coins and crypto as currency in lots of places as i text this.
The only one I have heard make a cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) a legal currency in their country is El Salvador.

I think that this is a start, or continuation, of Space X/Musk messing up the night sky with more and more satellites in lower orbits.

At the rate we are launching stuff into orbit or space we are on pace to lock ourselves on earth as it will be too dangerous to try to leave. Kurzgeagt has a good video on it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad