Soviet hockey video

Vladiator

Jan 2, 2005
New Zealand
I am too young to remember watching the legendary USSR team, but I have always heard the stories about their amazing skills from my father and grandfather. Thanks to youtube, it is now actually possible to see some highlights. I just watched this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjJNvW6QVY

Simply - wow! Such skills, skating, passing... I hope our national team can play like that again some day..

Last edited:

YMB29

Sep 25, 2006
Heh! That vid is uploaded by me, Im glad you liked it :)
But it was not created by you. Why did you upload it when it was there already? However, it makes sense now since the user who created it is suspended.

DayWalk3r

YouTube Guru
Sep 13, 2005
Northern Hemisphere
But it was not created by you. Why did you upload it when it was there already? However, it makes sense now since the user who created it is suspended.

Thats right, I never said it was either. :) And the reason I uploaded that vid was because it was requested by other users. At the time I uploaded it I couldnt find it on youtube. But maybe the clip went by another name or something.

Anyway, I thought it was a nice montage, and wanted to share it with other users.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Surre a lot more interesting than watching the Calgary Flames play hockey, eh? ;)

That's the way hockey was created to be played: with flow, skill, teamwork, speed, puck movement, passing, creativity, and smarts. And the way they avoid the pokey NHL players? Nice try, Denis Potvin (nice SLASH, by the way!), but you've been BURNED!!!!!!!

Too bad they were not good enough to beat some US college kids! :handclap:

SDMariners

Mar 30, 2007
I wonder if someone can post a higher quality version of the video? I mean posting it on youtube is great and all, but it would be nice to see the video in higher res. One could post it on mediafire or zshare, so that all of us could enjoy it. Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->