OT: Southsiders treated horribly at Canucks-Wild Game

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Like Tennis or Golf?

Tennis dose not lend itself to home court advantage as much IMO, unless we are talking Davis cup, but that is a team sport (reminds me of when NZ had to go play in Pakistan). I only follow the majors, like most people and I do not think that home court can really be applied their, as far as the big 4 go. some my go further then they would have because they are from the host country though, no data to back that up.

Golf I would say you could skew some data to show home advantage but I do not follow it... but since the course plays huge a part I would say there is an advantage.

I was thinking more the traditional Olympic sports.

Edit: Wait if you were meaning this bit
( is there a word for that ???)
then I was asking if there was a term that means solo sport?

Last edited:

*Injektilo

Dec 19, 2005
Vancouver
It's not all that difficult. Next time you go to a game take some notes.

The post you quoted is in reference to what is preferred, if you actually bother to read it, not the actual state.

Last I've been to Rogers Arena, I noted a crowd quiet as a library during play, bad music blaring between stoppages, and the random "MAKE SOME NOISE" request, which from what I gather is not exactly the preferred outcome.

Do you find that better than the videos I posted? I'd appreciate if you answered my question. A yes/no would suffice.

rye&ginger

Jan 4, 2004
Vancouver
Unless you are being insulting to other fans or being dangerous, no one should be told to be quiet at a game for singing/chanting.

Also, no one should be told to be loud.

Free country.

Whats insulting is the terrible music played at Canucks game that absolutely sucks the life out of the place, and how the promos/contests have no tie in to the game.

10 year old rave tunes and 60 year old rock tunes that no one can even recognize are not going to provide atmosphere!

Canucks in house staff is mailing it in these days IMO.

JBIZ14

Nov 22, 2007
Lethbridge
And I'll assume you're an idiot who idolizes a group of morons.

To each their own, but don't try to make people who don't get wasted and act like a bunch of jackasses, feel like they're "not doing it right".
Ignorance...i dont idolize anyone except my family...and eveything else is false also...you are a boring person who is so wrapped up in his self image that standing singing and generally having a good time makes you uncomfortable. Its ok to admit it...you have just as much right to be boring as I do to actually participate and encourage my team to do better.

ps - Im a member but I don't drink...guess I'm just a sober jackass

putridgasbag

Grand Poohba
Oct 18, 2006
Comox Valley
Ignorance...i dont idolize anyone except my family...and eveything else is false also...you are a boring person who is so wrapped up in his self image that standing singing and generally having a good time makes you uncomfortable. Its ok to admit it...you have just as much right to be boring as I do to actually participate and encourage my team to do better.

ps - Im a member but I don't drink...guess I'm just a sober jackass

Well the first step is admitting it.... :)

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
So here's the thing - you buy a ticket, you get to watch the game as you please. That doesn't mean that if you prefer quiet everyone around you must be forced to be quiet; neither does it mean that if you prefer to loud everyone around you should be forced to be loud.

Just let everyone buy their tickets and then only police really boorish or dangerous behaviour IMO. I guess designated areas would be a good compromise but to be honest if you want quiet you should bring ear plugs.

I'll give people the right to sit, so people shouldn't be standing the entire game and blocking people that want to sit's sightlines, but I don't think you can or should regulate crowd noise at all unless they're screaming obscenities constantly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->