TV: South Park Season 25

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
My friend and I watched the last 7 episodes yesterday (been busy don't judge me ;) ) and I don't know if it's because I watched them high but I found it was some brilliant stuff. South Park of the last few years hasn't always been that funny but I've always found them to be creative and thought provoking. This season was awesome in that regard. I can see how some might prefer the sillier stuff or non-politics one but I thought it was solid. I also disagree with the person who said Trey & Matt suck at telling a story. Everything was intertwined in this season in terms of storylines and I find the #cancelsouthpark sort of brilliant. In my opinion, they ended on a high note (minus the lackluster finale) and if they were to get cancelled or stop, they would retire on top (unlike other shows who are still going on) and it'd be an excellent f*** you to those who think they no longer have it in them to produce quality stuff. Anyway just my 2 cents.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Indifferent about the premiere.

-Randy was pushing a little too hard, though I guess he's prone to do so. But Towlie's dialogue with him totally made the ep.
-Cartman for the most part has not been so evil the last few years, so glad to see him going back to his old ways. I just didn't feel a lot of the ICE jokes landed.
-I get the feeling that there's going to be a big arc....but I would prefer more singular episodes.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
The tegridy thing to see has really run its course...enough

But the show got its first laugh from me in a while with the metal reveal and then the fingerbang

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Very well done episode as others have said. Perfect balance of classic South Park in shock value with Randy killing you know who, the social commentary and genuine funny moments.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Another Gem from season 9: The Death of Eric Cartman

Is this the best season?

everyone will have different thoughts on what is the best season, there are so many good ones, but I'd say most seasons have some great episodes, some good ones, and some weak ones. For me if I had to pick one season I would go with 15 or 13, 10, 11, 9, 8, 7. Just so many it's hard to chose, but around 19 or 20 was the last really good season.

I've watched every episode since the first day they aired and I'm a huge fan of the show as Matt and Trey just so often nail it, so often they get it right in terms of what they are saying in the episode. But the last few seasons I feel like have been on the downturn. I wonder if it's like the Simpsons, another show I saw from the first day it aired, I watched it when it was on the Tracey Ullman show and to this day I consider it one of the greatest things ever on tv even better then South Park.

I was a massive Simpons fan and when the show started to decline and posters on this site were trashing it, I defended the show and thought what are they talking about this show is still great but as the seasons went by I just started to care less and less before finally giving up on watching any new episodes in the last few years. At some point I may get around to watching them when it's off the air and FOX has milked every penny it can from the franchise but it just got stale and I didn't think I could ever stop watching that show but it feels like this is the way South Park is going at least for me. I don't even look forward to the show any more, now I just watch it to see if the next episode will be a classic or funny enough to want to watch it again or will it be one to forget. They still put out some good ones but several weak ones as well, which is not surprising since they have been around for so long like the Simpsons as it's got to be very difficult to come up with new funny edgy stuff like they do for so long.

Last edited:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
everyone will have different thoughts on what is the best season, there are some many good ones, but I'd say most seasons have some great episodes, some good ones, and some weak ones. For me if I had to pick one season I would go with 15 or 13, 10, 11, 9, 8, 7. Just so many it's hard to chose, but around 19 or 20 was the season really good season.

I've watched every episode since the first day they aired and I'm a huge fan of the show as Matt and Trey just so often nail it, so often they get it right in terms of what they are saying in the episode. But the last few seasons I feel like have been on the downturn. I wonder if it's like the Simpsons, another show I saw from the first day it aired, I watched it when it was on the Tracey Ullman show and to this day I consider it one of the greatest things ever on tv even better then South Park.

I was a massive Simpons fan and when the show started to decline and posters on this site were trashing it, I defended the show and thought what are they talking about this show is still great but as the seasons went by I just started to care less and less before finally giving up on watching any new episodes in the last few years. At some point I may get around to watching them when it's off the air and FOX has milked every penny it can from the franchise but it just got stale and I didn't think I could ever stop watching that show but it feels like this is the way South Park is going at least for me. I don't even look forward to the show any more, now I just watch it to see if the next episode will be a classic or funny enough to want to watch it again or will it be one to forget. They still put out some good ones but several weak ones as well, which is not surprising since they have been around for so long like the Simpsons as it's got to be very difficult to come up with new funny edgy stuff like they do for so long.
I think the comparisons is justifiable but I don't think this is the case, at least for me. (might just be a fanboy). South Park's stuff of the last 5 years is still better than what The Simpsons have been producing since season 10. I think South Park has evolved in their approach of the show, they rely a lot more on social commentary (see videos at the end of my post) than hilarious scenarios (Awesome-O, Scott Tenorman, etc.). Another thing that doesn't help is their method of making the episode from scratch in 7 days. It increases the risk of the episode being a dud or relying too much on factors that are out of their power (e.g. building a season around Hilary winning). Admitedly, I don't watch them sober so it helps the viewing experience but I do believe last week's episode and the school shooting ones were classic South Park stuff.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think the comparisons is justifiable but I don't think this is the case, at least for me. (might just be a fanboy). South Park's stuff of the last 5 years is still better than what The Simpsons have been producing since season 10. I think South Park has evolved in their approach of the show, they rely a lot more on social commentary (see videos at the end of my post) than hilarious scenarios (Awesome-O, Scott Tenorman, etc.). Another thing that doesn't help is their method of making the episode from scratch in 7 days. It increases the risk of the episode being a dud or relying too much on factors that are out of their power (e.g. building a season around Hilary winning). Admitedly, I don't watch them sober so it helps the viewing experience but I do believe last week's episode and the school shooting ones were classic South Park stuff.

I don't remember what season of the Simpsons I stopped watching, I know it's been several years and those seasons weren't very good but with South Park only doing 10 episodes per season now it's hard to compare if this is the downward spiral. I just know the way I feel about the episodes, I would never miss one of their show and then after a point of some not very good seasons I started to lose interest fast and the same thing is happening with SP. They have had some decent ones the past few seasons but just seems like a lot more duds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->