Soups on Hockey Mock Draft 5.0

TylerJCampbell

May 9, 2016
Lloydminster, AB
soupsonhockey.com
I got my final mock draft done and up, I'm sure hoping you guys can give it a read, any feedback good or bad is cool with me as I always say just as long as its respectful. I do my mocks based off what information is out there and try to take into account why a team might like a guy and definitely don't do any of it as if I'm hopeful things will break a certain way (trust me, with where I've got a few guys in the top 10 going, I'm shaking my head at myself!) Hope you enjoy it!

Mock Draft 5.0

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Why isnt Zadina listed as an option at 3?
And why is he going 9th?

Did I miss something?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Are you a Rangers fan? Zadina 9th, Wilde 26th, Bokk 28th would be insane

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I hope Ron Hextall is reading your projections and nodding. I would be very happy with Kravtsov and Lundestrom. Thanks, too, for recognizing that the Hextall regime is getting away from "Him big. Hit hard. We like!" approach to player selection.

Reactions: TylerJCampbell

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I would skip out on Wilde. Take Bokk at 26 and somebody else at 28th. I think the hockey sense from Wilde will never get to where it needs to be in the NHL.

Reactions: Habs76

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I would skip out on Wilde. Take Bokk at 26 and somebody else at 28th. I think the hockey sense from Wilde will never get to where it needs to be in the NHL.
Wilde at 26th is a steal. His low IQ has been so overblown people think he’s dumb as shit when it comes to hockey, he has all the tools necessary to become an NHLer and that includes solid defense. Look at Kreider or Kevin Hayes who have improved in the hockey IQ area.

TylerJCampbell

May 9, 2016
Lloydminster, AB
soupsonhockey.com
Why isnt Zadina listed as an option at 3?
And why is he going 9th?

Did I miss something?

As I said off the top, I go off what is being speculated. I don't take in everything that's said, I know who to trust and who not to, but anyway for about week or so now its sounded like it'll be either Kotkaniemi or Dobson with that pick. Appreciate the read!

Haha far from it! I do think though that Tkachuk AND Zadina could fall to the 8 and 9 spots. Its SO tough to make trades in the draft anymore. Now, easily could be the case that Arizona, Detroit or Vancouver say "we can't let these kids get past us". Obviously that's what most think will happen. But I believe if no trades are made that those three teams will pick their D-men there allowing Zadina and Tkachuk to slide. As for the Rangers, even if that all breaks that way, maybe the Hawks prefer Zadina. I completely guessed on who they'd want in that scenario. As for the others, it really sounds like Wilde is falling big time. Bokk, I believe there will be concerns about his skating and his play away from the puck. Hey, I could EASILY be wrong on so much of this man, its tough to project. One reach or trade and a mock is completely messed up! But I appreciate you reading it!

I hope Ron Hextall is reading your projections and nodding. I would be very happy with Kravtsov and Lundestrom. Thanks, too, for recognizing that the Hextall regime is getting away from "Him big. Hit hard. We like!" approach to player selection.

It is something that feels under reported from the outside looking in. Hextall in my mind has done an outstanding job there, has a plan and is sticking to it. They'll be a top team in East, and stay there, soon. Really appreciate that and appreciate the read my man!

Wilde at 26th is a steal. His low IQ has been so overblown people think he’s dumb as **** when it comes to hockey, he has all the tools necessary to become an NHLer and that includes solid defense. Look at Kreider or Kevin Hayes who have improved in the hockey IQ area.

Hey, I totally agree! I got Wilde 18th on my list. Sam Cosentino and others say that he's fallen big time in the eyes of many. But having said that, it only takes one team to step up.

Thanks for posting this. The Rangers will be dancing in the streets if they get Zadina at 9.

And the Hawks if Tkachuk gets to 8 I'm sure! Just the way I believe its going to break. One trade, one reach, and everything gets chaotic. Thanks for the read man!

Reactions: Lays

TylerJCampbell

May 9, 2016
Lloydminster, AB
soupsonhockey.com
I had to come back and read some of these responses, because now that its done these are awesome! Obviously the draft didn't go the way I had it, but it got a little crazy as I thought it might. I actually did ok on the mock. 6/31 spot on which was only one off my number last year and half of them came outside of the top 10 which is really rare! (Wahlstrom, Lundestrom and Alexeyev) Also ended up with 27 of 31 in the first round, two better than McKenzie (2nd year in a row I've bested Bob so obviously I know more than Bob....well....not at all) Anyway, just thought I'd put that up here, its bragging I won't lie but I'm proud of the work and can't thank anyone who takes the time to read it enough!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad