Sounds like they're firing up the Young Stars tournament again @Penticton

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Great news. They should keep it going. It's nice to go down there in the summer as well and osoyoos.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
I dont see why it always has to be in Penticton. It should be a travelling road show imo. No reason they can't do one in Red Deer or whatever. Let each organization host it for one year.
I know I wouldn't go if it was in Red Deer even though I live near Edmonton. I've been to the tourney twice in Penticton, what a great weekend.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

bucktown

Oct 27, 2009
As a Kelowna based Oilers fan, this is fantastic news. Very happy to have this tourney back up and running.

Reactions: mooseman7

Rusoilers

Дмитрий Самуроков 38
Oct 9, 2019
Siberia
Disappointing, I thought it would be in Russia...I mean I am joking but I hate KHL, NHL game rules are much more fun to watch. To see some prospects would be very fun. But oh well, I hear penticton is a nice place. Maybe I fly and watch

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Red Deer

Red Deer

Red Deer

have some random offer to sell you crack while walking from your car to the game, then return to your car after the game to find that the same crack head smashed a window to steal the CD out of your stereo. If you’re really lucky someone will offer to sell you some speakers that fell off the back of a truck too!!

keep it in Penticton :laugh:

Reactions: Senor Catface

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Happy to have it back.

Meaningless games that tell you absolutely nothing about the players playing but it is a quality opportunity to throw poop at Calgary and Vancouver fans. That's enough for me.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I only have been to one and it was the one when McDavid played in it. My dad spends time in Penticton in the fall and I took him, we had a great time.

I am usually travelling in September so I doubt I will see many more of these but glad it is back.

Would like to see it get as large as the Traverse City tournament Holland started. Maybe get Arizona, Colorado, Vegas and Seattle involved to make it an 8 team tournament in a couple years.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Good. Now mend fences with U of A and get the Oiler Rookies-Golden Bears game back. The Oilers rookies vs. NAIT/MacEwan is an absolute joke. ACAC hockey is trash.

Reactions: Senor Catface

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Pretty sad to see the Oilers rosters of previous penticton tourneys.
Bear and Jones are pretty much the only non first rounders we have developed and kept.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad