Friedman: Sounds like LA won’t qualify Tobias Rieder

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Remember the fight him and his agent( damn Darren Ferris!) put against Yotes with his new contract? good times.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
How's his game down low on the cycle? Rieder seems like the kind of guy you add to your third line to improve possession. If he's effective, the Oilers could definitely use him.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
He's not even that fast. I was excited about his speed, given that he'd be playing with Carter and Pearson. I never noticed him using his "elite speed" to do anything positive.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'd say he's worth about $1M, maybe $1.5M max. He has to prove himself because he certainly isn't a player worth in excess of $2M.

He had a bit of a down year but he's pretty much a 15 goal, 35 point player along with being a good PKer. A slightly poor mans' Cogliano would be a good comparable, not as proven but similar level player. That is certainly worth more than $2M/yr especially in a rising cap world.
I'd absolutely take him on the Oilers for 1yr $2M or even up to $2.5M.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Jokes aside he's a decent bottom 6 winger right?

Jokes should never be aside in a Kadri thread.

Anywho, before his injury I'd have said he's a top tier bottom 6 winger. Now decent is probably fair.

How's his game down low on the cycle?

His game is primarily off the rush offensively, well it was anyway. He'll put the work in on the boards but he's just average at it. Has solid touch on E-W passes but not really the vision to use it consistently.

He's not even that fast. I was excited about his speed, given that he'd be playing with Carter and Pearson. I never noticed him using his "elite speed" to do anything positive.

He doesn't have elite speed anymore since his leg injury. TBH elite was always probably a touch overstated anyway but it was definitely ++.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If he recovers more effectively this offseason than he did last offseason he might get back on track. Sometimes guys struggle for an entire season before they back to their old selves after an injury like that. Or maybe WYSIWYG.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
He didn't really fit into LA, much like Tatar didn't in Vegas. In fact, strangely enough, they both put up 4 goals and 2 assists in 20 games with their new teams. Even with the bad year, though, he still had 12 goals total, so 15 on a team that he fits in better with (role-wise and with other fast skaters) should be expected. He'd be a good signing at $1.5M for someone's 3rd line, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad