Friedman: Sounds like LA won’t qualify Tobias Rieder

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I'd take him in Edmonton, he's played with Drai in the past, shouldn't cost that much either.

As a King fan I am all on board with him going to Edmonton. Just promise he will play with Drai, nothing better to drag Drai game down that to play him with a 4th line guy.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Minnesota or Vancouver will get him on a 1 year deal then package him in a trade at the deadline

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Jokes aside he's a decent bottom 6 winger right?
Yes he is a decent bottom 6 forward that can PK. He can help any team just not worth the qualifying offer, but at 1.5 mill is well worth the cost. Reider had a better year 2 years ago, 37 points as I recall. Reider is one of the many players (Domi/Duclair) that succeeded under Tip but not under anyone else (so far).

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
This would be a great option for the Isles, LW with Cizikas and Clutter. Need speed and PKers.

Reactions: rt

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Minnesota or Vancouver will get him on a 1 year deal then package him in a trade at the deadline
Canucks are overloaded with wingers and tweeners. They won’t be involved here. If anything look at Vancouver to acquire a slightly overpaid but still productive forward for a couple of their own middle 6 guys. We lack top end talent, are stacked with 3/4 liners.

Especially when we had the original Mason Raymond. We don’t need Mason Raymond 2.0.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Rieder would be an excellent addition to a lot of teams. However, that would be in a bottom 6 role. That good season a few years ago is becoming more of an aboration everyday.

With the NHL going to more of a speed game these days someone will get enticed to sign him. For $1-$1.5 mil I would take him on the Leafs as the 4th line LW.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
The Kings would just re-sign him for 1 to 1.5 million. It's his 2.45 million qo pr whatever it is that the Kings dont want to sign.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The Kings would just re-sign him for 1 to 1.5 million. It's his 2.45 million qo pr whatever it is that the Kings dont want to sign.

Unless they changed it they can re-sign him cheap once they don't requalify him and he wants to return/take less than what he might think he's worth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad