Friedman: Sounds like agreement between Ekman-Larsson and Coyotes is in place

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If I could make millions of dollars a year doing something I'd love, I could lose every game and still be happy.
You could also make a million dollars doing something you love and play for a good team at the same time. Why not have both?

Reactions: LeHab

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Lol, I don’t really feel like dealing with all 3 of you in that forum. I’m good, thanks.

We will just agree to disagree. Keep holding out hope that this team won’t be a bottom 3 squad in the west for the near future.

I like OEL a lot, he’s a great player. I’d hate to see him continue to waste his career there. I feel the same way about Tavares.
At one time that was the concern others had for Lemieux in Pittsburgh. Arizona’s biggest misfortune has been the draft lottery.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Luckily I was in college from 2002-2006 during their awful years. I’ve been a fan way before the NHL made a poor decision in moving a team to Arizona. It is pretty ironic that Yotes fans are questioning how long I’ve been a fan considering this team began playing in 1996.

So you're a fairweather fan come to mock and taunt those who still support our teams through the bad years?

When the going gets tough, the tough... see how close the Steelers are to contending.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Hockey players are the only ones who do this. What NBA star would stay on a team as bad as the Yotes? It's ridiculous. Hockey is the only sport where people think playing in no pressure, half empty arenas is terrific.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
So you're a fairweather fan come to mock and taunt those who still support our teams through the bad years?

When the going gets tough, the tough... see how close the Steelers are to contending.
the steelers have the 2nd most superbowls in the afc behind tom brady and the pats. bad example

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
It's interesting to see all the children log on to HF whenever a Coyotes thread pops up. It doesn't even matter what the topic is about.

"Mommy mommy i'm gonna make that joke about no fans for the 7 billionth time!11!! haha im so funneh"

Reactions: doaner and RABBIT

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It's interesting to see all the children log on to HF whenever a Coyotes thread pops up. It doesn't even matter what the topic is about.

"Mommy mommy i'm gonna make that joke about no fans for the 7 billionth time!11!! haha im so funneh"
Oh yeah the Coyotees are such a huge team on HF...

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Luckily I was in college from 2002-2006 during their awful years. I’ve been a fan way before the NHL made a poor decision in moving a team to Arizona. It is pretty ironic that Yotes fans are questioning how long I’ve been a fan considering this team began playing in 1996.

Ah, a plastic 'in for the good times' fan who thinks he knows what winning and a 'winning attitude' is because he just stops following the team when the losing starts and the franchise is almost relocated :laugh:

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
i'm curious as well

So you have no idea, then?

When the Penguins lose, a fairweather Pittsburgh fan checks in with the Steelers to see how they're doing. He's no longer following the Penguins, because they're a bad team, so he checks out other Pittsburgh sports teams.

The amount of Super Bowls they have doesn't really factor into that.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

When the Penguins lose, a fairweather Pittsburgh fan checks in with the Steelers to see how they're doing. He's no longer following the Penguins, because they're a bad team, so he checks out other Pittsburgh sports teams.

the penguins aren't a bad team at all.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
the penguins aren't a bad team at all.

But when they were, homeboy conveniently decided he wasn't going to follow hockey because he was "in college".

I managed to graduate from college while still supporting the awful Alexei Yashin/Miro Satan/Jason Blake era Islanders.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
But when they were, homeboy conveniently decided he wasn't going to follow hockey because he was "in college".

I managed to graduate from college while still supporting the awful Alexei Yashin/Miro Satan/Jason Blake era Islanders.
That era wasn't awful. The isles made the playoffs a few times over that era.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
You could also make a million dollars doing something you love and play for a good team at the same time. Why not have both?
Because some people care more about familiarity, family and other factors more than winning?

Not exactly rocket science.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Ironic. What happened between the pic in your avatar and the years when the Pens drafted MAF, Malkin, and Crosby in the top two each year? Lot’s of winning in that era before the kids grew up?

you can even add that crosby's draft was rigged. so basicly 3 free stanley cups, Pittsburgh fans should create a gofundme and make Bettmans retirement even better!

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Really grasping at straws.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Was it Houston that was about to take the Penguins out of Pittsburgh and put them out of their misery? Funny, it’s the same city that’s poised to save the Coyotes. Things sure change. But I guess they only change one time and never again?

Reactions: RABBIT

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Was it Houston that was about to take the Penguins out of Pittsburgh and put them out of their misery? Funny, it’s the same city that’s poised to save the Coyotes. Things sure change. But I guess they only change one time and never again?
I believe it was between either Hamilton or Kansas City. In KC, they were supposedly offered a rent free stay in the brand new Sprint Center.

And it was none other than Jim Balsillie looking to relocate them.

Last edited:
Reactions: RABBIT

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Are you saying Crosby/Malkin should leave the Pens now that their run is over? The Coyotes will win the cup before the Pens do:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad