Friedman: Sounds like agreement between Ekman-Larsson and Coyotes is in place

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
McDonagh has gone to Tampa, Doughty apparently wants to extend in L.A, and OEL likely has a verbal agreement in place.

This is some good leverage for John Carlson (UFA) and Ottawa (trading Erik Karlsson).

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
McDonagh has gone to Tampa, Doughty apparently wants to extend in L.A, and OEL likely has a verbal agreement in place.

This is some good leverage for John Carlson (UFA) and Ottawa (trading Erik Karlsson).

I don’t think Ottawa has as much leverage in these Karlsson talks as some people seem to think.

Ironic. What happened between the pic in your avatar and the years when the Pens drafted MAF, Malkin, and Crosby in the top two each year? Lot’s of winning in that era before the kids grew up?

God bless :laugh:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
this is all because the team appeared to turn itself around this season. Raanta is their goalie, and the team is young and on the rise. It has to actually happen of course, but it's better to try to be with a team on the rise than a team that has a great rep in the present.

Reactions: RABBIT

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He’s probably not old enough to remember the years they almost relocated.
Luckily I was in college from 2002-2006 during their awful years. I’ve been a fan way before the NHL made a poor decision in moving a team to Arizona. It is pretty ironic that Yotes fans are questioning how long I’ve been a fan considering this team began playing in 1996.

They still finished in dead last season in the western conference. Everyone is different, playing for a Stanley Cup contender obviously isn’t that important to him. There’s nothing wrong with that. Maybe he likes living in the area or likes the anonymity there. It’s not like that city is hockey crazy.

Lol at the people who are saying but but they will be on the rise! They are a perennial loser. But whatever makes OEL happy.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Luckily I was in college from 2002-2006 during their awful years. I’ve been a fan way before the NHL made a poor decision in moving a team to Arizona. It is pretty ironic that Yotes fans are questioning how long I’ve been a fan considering this team began playing in 1996.

They still finished in dead last season in the western conference. Everyone is different, playing for a Stanley Cup contender obviously isn’t that important to him. There’s nothing wrong with that. Maybe he likes living in the area or likes the anonymity there. It’s not like that city is hockey crazy.

Lol at the people who are saying but but they will be on the rise! They are a perennial loser. But whatever makes OEL happy.

All teams have their ups and downs, except maybe the Chicago Blackhawks from the original six era.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Cool story bruh. Still doesn’t excuse you from pissing in Coyotes’ fans cornflakes for the team being able to resign their homegrown franchise 1D to a very good deal, but you do you.

Reactions: kevrondl

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ

Coyotes have never picked higher than 3rd overall (twice) despite having had some awful seasons. The last 10 Cup winners have had a first or second overall pick that they draft and developed. The teams that have had that draft "luck" never seem to appreciate it after they've won. Since we've been jumped over more than any other club, we're obviously sensitive to it. Coyotes luck = bad luck

Reactions: AZviaNJ

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
this is all because the team appeared to turn itself around this season. Raanta is their goalie, and the team is young and on the rise. It has to actually happen of course, but it's better to try to be with a team on the rise than a team that has a great rep in the present.
He could also wait it out. But, most guys want the security as the deal is guaranteed.

He’s been there long enough to know what is going on with the business side of things and how that impacts the hockey side. His choice.

zetajerk

Jan 1, 2015
Silly guy how dare you have an honest opinion.

You seem really upset about this news. Why don't you hop on Twitter and tell him directly how stupid and awful he is for choosing to play in a place that you don't like?

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
The most repetitive, played-out, unoriginal content on this site. "Sun-Belt teams don't deserve hockey, they suck, good players shouldn't sign there" blah blah bullshit. We get it. You hate us, we know. We have for multiple years on this site. Direct your anger to the fans that aren't obvious die-hards who spend a good portion of each day on a website that is all about hockey. Clearly those fans aren't the problem.

We just want to read about our news, that's it. We have to read about your teams all the time too. We just like discussing our favorite team and our favorite sport. Not sift through the same old salty bullshit hoping SOMEONE wants to talk about hockey. Sometimes people like this almost make this site unreadable. Be original, if you're going to say something don't just follow along with what everyone else is saying.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Cool story bruh. Still doesn’t excuse you from pissing in Coyotes’ fans cornflakes for the team being able to resign their homegrown franchise 1D to a very good deal, but you do you.
Maybe this should be posted in the Yotes’ forum and everyone can pretend they will compete soon if contrary opinions upset people.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Feel free to head on down to Forum 40 whenever you want, boss. We'll be more than happy to give you an appropriate welcome.
Lol, I don’t really feel like dealing with all 3 of you in that forum. I’m good, thanks.

We will just agree to disagree. Keep holding out hope that this team won’t be a bottom 3 squad in the west for the near future.

I like OEL a lot, he’s a great player. I’d hate to see him continue to waste his career there. I feel the same way about Tavares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->