Sorry , we are the softest team in the NHL

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
can't argue with this, Bruins do what it takes to win even if your names Kessel/Seguin/Hamilton/Thorton.
But the big, big difference is that the Leafs are in the Canadian Branch Plant division of the American Association of United States Ice Hockey Teams, and as a result, Boston is allowed to use the "they can't call everything" theory, but for Canadian teams, it's a penalty box parade, and against the Leafs, the AAUSIHT most assuredly can call everything!

Remember: The Canadian teams are branch plants that are needed to help pay the bills for teams in Dixie and that's great during the regular season, but come playoffs, as the AAUSIHT is seeking a big fat US TV deal, the Canadian teams must be eliminated to help satisfy American demand that there be no Canadian team in the finals and that the Canadian teams will take each outher out or that the officiating will fix problems for the American broadcast partners.

For clarity: Toughness is suicide for the Leafs because the AAUSIHT 's interest is in taking out the Canadian teams to show it can, um, play ball with the US tv networks. The game is not fairly called and is called against the Canadian teams and there is a strong and powerful business case in doing so.

See last years playoffs.

Toughness does not mean advancing in the playoffs for the Leafs, but instead, gives the AAUSIHT the cover it needs to penalize and eliminate the Leafs.

The answer? Out-skill the opponent.

Leafs Nation has to stop being naive. The fix is in. Now that we know that we can do something about it: don't give the AAUSIHT an excuse to screw us because they have a duty to US TV to do so, but we don't have to make it easier for them, and so, toughness is out. We need analytics. Let Moron Man's brains explode, so be it! We need Ivan Svensky and not Patrick O'Thuggo.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
But the big, big difference is that the Leafs are in the Canadian Branch Plant division of the American Association of United States Ice Hockey Teams, and as a result, Boston is allowed to use the "they can't call everything" theory, but for Canadian teams, it's a penalty box parade, and against the Leafs, the AAUSIHT most assuredly can call everything!

Remember: The Canadian teams are branch plants that are needed to help pay the bills for teams in Dixie and that's great during the regular season, but come playoffs, as the AAUSIHT is seeking a big fat US TV deal, the Canadian teams must be eliminated to help satisfy American demand that there be no Canadian team in the finals and that the Canadian teams will take each outher out or that the officiating will fix problems for the American broadcast partners.

For clarity: Toughness is suicide for the Leafs because the AAUSIHT 's interest is in taking out the Canadian teams to show it can, um, play ball with the US tv networks. The game is not fairly called and is called against the Canadian teams and there is a strong and powerful business case in doing so.

See last years playoffs.

Toughness does not mean advancing in the playoffs for the Leafs, but instead, gives the AAUSIHT the cover it needs to penalize and eliminate the Leafs.

The answer? Out-skill the opponent.

Leafs Nation has to stop being naive. The fix is in. Now that we know that we can do something about it: don't give the AAUSIHT an excuse to screw us because they have a duty to US TV to do so, but we don't have to make it easier for them, and so, toughness is out. We need analytics. Let Moron Man's brains explode, so be it! We need Ivan Svensky and not Patrick O'Thuggo.
really.........this is honestly your opinion, your not being ironic or sarcastic or something else?

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
really.........this is honestly your opinion, your not being ironic or sarcastic or something else?
That's correct. The fix is in. Now we need to move on, and deal with the fact that the American Association of United States Ice Hockey Teams uses the Canadian Branch Plant division as an ATM to pay the bills in the regular season, and then screws the Canadian teams over in the playoffs to show the US TV notworks that the AAUSIHT is on board and will do what it takes to get a US TV deal.

As a consequence, skill is in and toughness is out. Toughness will be called a penalty when done by a Leafs player, and not when an American opponent does it.

You must agree, right? You saw the playoffs last year, didn't you?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
WOW!!!! you just don't effen get it

do you realise how jack ass you sound here???

good teams,PROPER teams have all TEAMMATES BACKS!

not some elitist/selective "you are worth it" thing.

Do try to calm down. Running the goalie is one thing, a 100% clean open ice hit is another. If you don't get that then fine.

Also jack ass, really? If my opinion offends you perhaps you should ignore my posts as this post makes you look like a ... well, I won't say it. :)

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
That's correct. The fix is in. Now we need to move on, and deal with the fact that the American Association of United States Ice Hockey Teams uses the Canadian Branch Plant division as an ATM to pay the bills in the regular season, and then screws the Canadian teams over in the playoffs to show the US TV notworks that the AAUSIHT is on board and will do what it takes to get a US TV deal.

As a consequence, skill is in and toughness is out. Toughness will be called a penalty when done by a Leafs player, and not when an American opponent does it.

You must agree, right? You saw the playoffs last year, didn't you?
sorry, I don't think there's a conspiracy against Canadian teams, I guess when the Canadian teams start out scoring their American counterpart the powers that be will start calling back goals at a exponential rate? :sarcasm:

Do you know why the government outlawed lead paint? Because the lead in said paint impaired their ability to see through you walls...............:sarcasm:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They are available in every draft. Clearly, they land in other organizations.

Our GM doesn’t doesn’t rate it as important.

Probably because it can’t be quantified.
Yep. How in the world guys like the Tkachuk boys slipped a spot or three in the draft is beyond me...

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
sorry, I don't think there's a conspiracy against Canadian teams, I guess when the Canadian teams start out scoring their American counterpart the powers that be will start calling back goals at a exponential rate? :sarcasm:

Do you know why the government outlawed lead paint? Because the lead in said paint impaired their ability to see through you walls...............:sarcasm:
Love it!

But sadly, it is the Hockey Night in Canada myth building, and Rogers and Bell have an interest in this
"Canada is hockey, and hockey is Canada!" Canadian cultural mythology (like the opening of Hockey Night in Canada with some dreadful Ron MacLean voice-over with kids playing hockey, "On this golden pond, this frozen pond, we prostrate to the hockey gods, who have moved from Mount Olympus to Canada." etc ) that has resulted in blindness for Canadians that prevents them from seeing the American Association of United States Hockey Teams for what it is: By 'Merica and for 'Merica!

The Canadian minority partners are invited to help pay the bills in the regular season and be gone in the playoffs so that the US TV broadcasters are happy.

It's as crazy as suggesting the NBA does some home cooking to make sure that 90% of the championships go to a top-10 market, and the remaining teams can only hope to have outstanding talent and caching to overcome the fix, say like San Antonio and Toronto last year.

The fix is in against the Leafs, and that is why they cannot be a tough team, because that uniquely means penalties for the Canadian Branch Plant Division of the AAUSIHT.

I am asking you to accept that Bettman cut his teeth in the NBA and that if the NBA is smart enough to take care of the broadcast partners, then so is Bettman and the AAUSIHT.

Reactions: noway

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Love it!

But sadly, it is the Hockey Night in Canada myth building, and Rogers and Bell have an interest in this
"Canada is hockey, and hockey is Canada!" Canadian cultural mythology (like the opening of Hockey Night in Canada with some dreadful Ron MacLean voice-over with kids playing hockey, "On this golden pond, this frozen pond, we prostrate to the hockey gods, who have moved from Mount Olympus to Canada." etc ) that has resulted in blindness for Canadians that prevents them from seeing the American Association of United States Hockey Teams for what it is: By 'Merica and for 'Merica!

The Canadian minority partners are invited to help pay the bills in the regular season and be gone in the playoffs so that the US TV broadcasters are happy.

It's as crazy as suggesting the NBA does some home cooking to make sure that 90% of the championships go to a top-10 market, and the remaining teams can only hope to have outstanding talent and caching to overcome the fix, say like San Antonio and Toronto last year.

The fix is in against the Leafs, and that is why they cannot be a tough team, because that uniquely means penalties for the Canadian Branch Plant Division of the AAUSIHT.
that's a tidbit I learned from Alex Jones...............

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
that's a tidbit I learned from Alex Jones...............
And this tidbit I learnt from a former NBA official:

TORONTO — It's not just the Toronto media, the Raptors and its fans who are crying conspiracy. Disgraced former referee Tim Donaghy claims the league is pushing its officials to call a victory for the Nets.
"(The Raptors) are not only going against the Brooklyn Nets but going against the league office," Donaghy said in a radio interview in Canada. "They have a very talented team and have to be that much better than the Brooklyn Nets....
"In this situation, Brooklyn would be put at an advantage. A Brooklyn-Miami matchup (in round 2) would bring great ratings and that's what this is all about for the NBA and the league offices — bringing in as many dollars as they can. … Some of the things that the league does and continues to do puts these teams at a disadvantage — like the Toronto Raptors — because moving forward they won't bring in the big dollars for the league. It's terrible for the fans (of) Toronto. They go and support that team but really they're going to have trouble moving on based on talent and what takes place on the floor when they're really going against the refs and the league, along with the Nets."
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/donaghy-suggests-refs-nets-side-article-1.1765245

The Raptors had a lot of 5 vs 8 until last year, when the team was just too damn talented to fix it.

The Leafs will have a lot of 6 vs 10 as will all teams in the Canadian Branch Plant Division of the AAUSIHT.

The answer is to be a Soviet Red Army with talent and to play speed- demon shinny. And to not give the refs an excuse to call a penalty because the refs will seize the moment to do so.

Reactions: IPS

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Do try to calm down. Running the goalie is one thing, a 100% clean open ice hit is another. If you don't get that then fine.

Also jack ass, really? If my opinion offends you perhaps you should ignore my posts as this post makes you look like a ... well, I won't say it. :)
"WELL, I WON'T SAT IT"?????

just like the team, a gaggle of gutless simps/soy boys ,,,they frankly have no clue what the word "man" means

but please, drone on.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Interesting stat

27 teams have had at least one fight this year.

4 teams have not.

Guess which group we are in?

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
Interesting stat

27 teams have had at least one fight this year.

4 teams have not.

Guess which group we are in?
The one that reflects the new realities of the AAUSIHT and not the one that has had a fight. Fighting is going to be weird soon. This goon show gong show appeals to dinosaurs only.

Reactions: IPS

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
can't argue with this, Bruins do what it takes to win even if your names Kessel/Seguin/Hamilton/Thorton.
One of the forwards needs to be turned into 2 guys. A solid, safe, RHD like a Pesce long term. And a skilled guy who can also forecheck/cycle.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
And this tidbit I learnt from a former NBA official:

TORONTO — It's not just the Toronto media, the Raptors and its fans who are crying conspiracy. Disgraced former referee Tim Donaghy claims the league is pushing its officials to call a victory for the Nets.
"(The Raptors) are not only going against the Brooklyn Nets but going against the league office," Donaghy said in a radio interview in Canada. "They have a very talented team and have to be that much better than the Brooklyn Nets....
"In this situation, Brooklyn would be put at an advantage. A Brooklyn-Miami matchup (in round 2) would bring great ratings and that's what this is all about for the NBA and the league offices — bringing in as many dollars as they can. … Some of the things that the league does and continues to do puts these teams at a disadvantage — like the Toronto Raptors — because moving forward they won't bring in the big dollars for the league. It's terrible for the fans (of) Toronto. They go and support that team but really they're going to have trouble moving on based on talent and what takes place on the floor when they're really going against the refs and the league, along with the Nets."
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/donaghy-suggests-refs-nets-side-article-1.1765245

The Raptors had a lot of 5 vs 8 until last year, when the team was just too damn talented to fix it.

The Leafs will have a lot of 6 vs 10 as will all teams in the Canadian Branch Plant Division of the AAUSIHT.

The answer is to be a Soviet Red Army with talent and to play speed- demon shinny. And to not give the refs an excuse to call a penalty because the refs will seize the moment to do so.

The convicted ex official?

Either way, if you want a conspiracy theory regarding the Leafs and the league...

The fact that the team is owned by the media outlets that have financed the most lucrative content contract in history is a good place to start.

The value of said deal is more profitable for the media conglomerate when the Leafs win.

This drives up the value of the deal which will expire. Leaving the NHL with a very expensive renewal/bidding war.

The league therefore would be more inclined to favour the Leafs rather than hold them back.

Is that how these things go?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
"WELL, I WON'T SAT IT"?????

just like the team, a gaggle of gutless simps/soy boys ,,,they frankly have no clue what the word "man" means

but please, drone on.

I don't know what that means.

You don't seem to be interested in a discussion, you'd rather just throw around insults as if you were an 8 year old schoolboy at recess. Grow up and we can talk.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
One of the forwards needs to be turned into 2 guys. A solid, safe, RHD like a Pesce long term. And a skilled guy who can also forecheck/cycle.
this idea keeps coming up for a reason, it's necessary, but I wouldn't hold my breathe, you know Dubas............."we can and we will."

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Well Muzzin got 2 for roughing so our record is intact.
Wow, I was a a baseball game and watching on my phone so really wasn’t paying full attention. Begs the question, will Toews have more fights this year than the entire Leafs roster?

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
The convicted ex official?

Either way, if you want a conspiracy theory regarding the Leafs and the league...

The fact that the team is owned by the media outlets that have financed the most lucrative content contract in history is a good place to start.

The value of said deal is more profitable for the media conglomerate when the Leafs win.

This drives up the value of the deal which will expire. Leaving the NHL with a very expensive renewal/bidding war.

The league therefore would be more inclined to favour the Leafs rather than hold them back.

Is that how these things go?
Brilliant, but nope. The goal is fat cat money from American TV, and note the league is American based, and to do so, Canadian teams need to be taken out as soon as possible in the playoffs, to show the American TV networks that the league can be counted on to get, um, 'technical support' 24/7 365 for the American TV networks, just like the NBA does.

Hate to be right, but: Bettman is no fool and he knows full well that strong stable revenue flow comes from bankable TV money, and not fickle or fluke based gate receipts. The other American based professional sports leagues are not as dependent on walk-ups. I understand all NFL costs are covered before a ticket is sold. Hockey is still very dependent on the fluke of being in a playoff race, etc. Ownership may insist their teams are never not all in, as its playoffs or it's highly unpleasant check writing time (Which is not the way things work for billionaires)

All Sunbelt, Dixie and NASCAR country teams need a fat- cat US TV deal. And what is holding that up? A bunch of ruinous to ratings Canadian teams. Winnipeg vs Ottawa? As long as that is on the table, big problems.

So what can the American Association of United States Ice Hockey Teams do? Learn form the NBA, where Betteman cut his teeth. Just take a look at the list of NBA champions, and then take a look at the 10 largest markets.

Note the share of the spoils between TV markets and how TV network friendly they are.

It is true that Bell and Media have paid very, very dearly for the hockey rights, to the point that the thinking is that it has resulted in red ink and on and off air people losing their jobs to stem the losses.

One of the issues is that it is not hockey that is ingrained into Canadian cultural mythology, but winning the Stanley Cup, a very particular brand of hockey and a particular event. And one controlled by the American Association of United States Ice Hockey Teams

The way it really is is that the AAUSIHT has teams in Dixie, NASCRA country and the Sunbelt and ranks up there with high school basketball, but below high school football. They need good and healthy Canadian teams to share the spoils for thier survival in the regular season and elimination of the American ratings disaster of covering a Canadian team in the playoffs.

Concerning Rogers and Bell: Kind of unfair that someone gets canned because no Canadian teams made the playoffs, but that's how it is.

Just remember this: The goal is to get big fat US TV money, and that means Canadian teams do not get the benefit of the whistle in the playoffs, ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: noway

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I was at Finland-Czech EHT game last weekend, during the intermission i went to take a leak and as i was doing the thing i looked to my right and holy shit it's Kyle Dubas :laugh:

After we got out at the same time i offered my services if the Leafs needed a tough guy for more grit he just laughed, shook my hand and walked away.

I don't think he appreciates grit at all :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->