Sorry , we are the softest team in the NHL

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Sorry Leaf Nation , we are the softest team in the NHL and without a doubt in the history of the league .....

remember , 55 plus years following sports , hockey and our beloved Leafs

we are without a doubt and unfortunately the most timid , softest , wimpiest , passive , non aggressive pro hockey team I’ve ever witnessed , been part of , rooted for and observed ..
I’ve tried to run from it , make excuses for it , apologized for it , made up reasons why for it , and denied it ,
But in the end , I can’t defend them any longer .
This aspect of our team has to change in order for our young extremely talented team to excel
I’ve played , coached and managed many years in all kinds of sports and for the most part I’ve been involved with tough skilled teams , and our successes were due to our skill , no question about it , but also hand in hand with team toughness and togetherness and fortitude .

I would also know that the other teams were affected by our team toughness and we exploited those more timid teams and talked about it all the time and could see it in there eyes and body language and the way they reacted to it .
Our players are timid and afraid sorry to say to all of Leaf Nation ..
If this doesn’t change , it will get worse
I’m tired of not having a real comeback to everyone who says we are “soft and timid “
They are right !
And every other team knows it and exploits us .
Just watch the highlights and see how every other team comes to each others defence
We have lost our identity as we actually don’t have one at all .
Sorry to everyone in Leafs Nation

Last edited:

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Dumbfounded why dubas hasn't acquired some character, gritty, heart and soul types. You can get a character 4th or 3rd liner on sale. Its so obviously missing on this team I don't even blame the team anymore, I blame Dubas and how he can't see

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
This was known by most fans outside of a few awhile ago. I don't know about softest ever but ya they need to change the make up a bit. Nothing earth shattering but if they added even 2 bottom 6's with some grit and even one Dman that played physical they would dramatically improve and give the talented kids they have some more room and confidence. I hope they figure this out soon before it's too late though as they have the talent for sure now figure out the grit and chemistry and let them play.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Everyone and their Mama know this already.

I've been preaching this since the off-season but people obviously didn't care then. Why now am I right?

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Well at least it’s true and not really debatable so we shouldn’t have a fuzzy mess in here.

edit: thinking about it, it’s going to devolve into a Dubas bash thread I guess.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Well at least it’s true and not really debatable so we shouldn’t have a fuzzy mess in here.

edit: thinking about it, it’s going to devolve into a Dubas bash thread I guess.

Both Dubas and Babcock.

Babcock made Matt Martin and Komarov seem useless....when the Islanders are on a freaking 10 game winning streak with the same two players playing every day....oh and wait for it...lets add in Ross Johnston as well for good measure.

f*** my life

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What they lack in toughness they make up for in slowness.

Outside of a couple of guys they’re not real quick. Sometimes they are timid but they struggle to win puck battles because they can’t get to loose pucks as fast the opposition. Which cause the chaos in their own end and the lack of cycle in the offensive end.

Results - they take a lot of penalties and don’t draw a lot of penalties.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Boston got Backes, Ritchie, Kuraly, Wagner, Nordstrom and Debrusk in their forward group.

Oh and Chara, Mcavoy, Carlo and Clifton in their defense. Heck even Krug got balls.

That team is locked and loaded for another deep playoff run

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Dubas can tweak 3rd or 4th line and bring in some grinders, at least one line with two puck digging wingers. The stars will be what they are and it will have to come from within, there's no magic wand really at this point, this is the team. Those depth players who go out, hit a few bodies, cycle the puck for a minute in the opposition end can influence the rest of the team, especially at home when the crowd roars with approval.

Maybe come deadline he will flip some of the depth young guys for some affordable grinders from a team that is out of it. They need some balance in my opinion, but not as badly as some suggest. I had hoped their desire to win by this point would get them to play with that intensity more often, and we've seen them play really hard when it is required, be it against Boston in the playoffs, or even the Caps just this week. So, they might just turn it on when needed, but it's a crapshoot.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
One of

Washington
Boston
NY Islanders
Tampa (Even though they're not playing like it right now, im sure they'll turn it around)

...Is gonna represent the east in the Playoffs.

Guess what they all got in common to go along with their Skill?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Remember they use to have Polak Komarov, Martin. They everyone wanted them gone do now they got no grit.

And all 3 of those guys are/were regulars on playoff teams after they left.

Heck, the ISlanders even added Ross Johnston in there for good measure. And they cant lose a game.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
He has brought in our most physical players. The guy has been on the job for a year.
Who? Muzzin is literally the only one that can throw a bodycheck, but something tells me dubas didnt get him for his physical play. We have gauthier, spezza, shore I mean even petan for f*** sakes. Why are they all the same boring, small players with average flashes of skill? Dubas couldnt have plucked a few bigger or meaner players for his 4th line. Just to add some diversity. Its bizarre un-creative and repetive he has been creating his bottom-6...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->