Sorry To Ruin The Draft For You....

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
i liked it, Boston takes Frolik, leaving Backstrom for my Isles:)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Canucksrock said:
Could you post there "mocks" of other years too just too see how accurate they were?

same link just change the year. The 2006 version doesn't say mock so i assume it real(or at least hope:P)

AgentNaslund*

we'll see about that. interesting site btw.

oh yea, we already know its not right.

Toews to Pittsburgh? So they draft 3 centermans 3 years in a row? Where they gonna put toews?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
AgentNaslund said:
we'll see about that. interesting site btw, thx

Yeah i found it when i was looking for info on Erik Johnson for the guy who wanted info on him, i thought it was an interesting lil site. I wonder who made it.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Uhh, there's no way they would have all of the picks right. Look at past years in later rounds even. All of the picks look 100% right to me. That is pretty much impossible when you consider all of the off the board picks and such we've seen, even in the last few year's of the draft.

My bet is that the past years are listed as a history reference, because it doesn't say those were his picks.

It's an interesting first round mock, though. I slightly favor Toews to Kessel for the Pens, so that doesn't bother me (truthfully my favorite when Johnson goes is Backstrom, but that is highly unlikely at #2).

If (and probably when) Pittsburgh drafts Toews or Kessel, it means they probably project them to be wings in the NHL. Or they just think whoever they pick is by far the BPA and will settle any position issues later.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
AgentNaslund said:
Toews to Pittsburgh? So they draft 3 centermans 3 years in a row? Where they gonna put toews?

I don't especially like what I've been reading Re: Pens' draft preference after EJ. Toews might make the least sense of anyone to draft that high for that exact reason. Pens already have a half-dozen or more guys in the system who could be solid third-line centers.

If you're looking to move one of these highly rated centers to wing, why not take Kessel? Seems like he's almost a lock to play wing, especially compared to Toews or JStaal...

Canucksrock

Feb 4, 2005
Caledon
Complaining Customer said:
Previous years aren't mock drafts.

This is what i was thinking and why i asked him to post other mocks, because the others are obvisouly not mocks, the sharks traded up twice to get devon setgat...(sorry i cant spell it) thers no way they could have known that and mocks drafts by one person usally dont have teams trading picks.

As for this mock I cant see the canucks drafting a defensman, due to our lack of top end forward talent, i gotta see us picking a forward, but then again i had us picking kopitar last year and we got Boudon( :handclap: ) so i guess you never know.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Complaining Customer said:
Previous years aren't mock drafts.

i was being sarcastic saying they can see into the future. The site is somewhat intreguing because it has no advertisement or links to other sites and it even has a mock NLL draft

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
No way Avs take Emmerton, we have enough of small-frame forwards. PL will probably go after a big strong D or a 2-way forward.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
AgentNaslund said:

Well obviously, someone (probably Toews) moves to the wing. Its not that uncommon.

Probably the next three best players after Erik Johnson are all centers. Its not like we're going to have much of a choice.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
motojime said:
No way Avs take Emmerton, we have enough of small-frame forwards. PL will probably go after a big strong D or a 2-way forward.

I am still waiting for Bruins fan to give their take to this mock draft:P

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
as a wild fan i could live with this...

adding brassard and vasyunov

to the likes of O'sullivan, benoit pouliot, roman voloshenko, danny irmen...

Offense would be pretty set in a couple years.

although with pick 17, i'd rather take chris stewart, we could use a big PF type.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did it occur to anyone that previous year's drafts were updated to how they turned out?

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
go kim johnsson 514 said:
Did it occur to anyone that previous year's drafts were updated to how they turned out?

I think it was quite obvious that is the case. Those were just the results, not the mock.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
go kim johnsson 514 said:

well yeah, nobody could have predicted the Pelech pick for the Flames

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
No way do the Coyotes take an offensive minded defenseman, or anything but a forward for that matter.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
PhoPhan said:
No way do the Coyotes take an offensive minded defenseman, or anything but a forward for that matter.

If their scouts feel the best player available is an offensive minded defenceman, they'll be taking him.

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
PhoPhan said:
Agree, no reason to add to the likes of Ballard and Mara. Also found it weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad