Post-Game Talk: Sorry, not sorry Patches, Habs grab a 5-4 Win over Vegas

POTG

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The foot race between Pacioretty and Alzner was hilarious. Alzner looked like he had cement blocks on his feet. Pacioretty had him beat and still took a perimeter shot.

Yeah, he had time and space to drop his shoulder and cut to the middle of the ice for a far better scoring chance. I just shook my head on that one.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Still cant get over one of the most interesting goal celebrations lol

Kotka scores, still never raises his arms, meanwhile lehky with the sweet dish , fist pumps like HE scored lol, knowing very well hes just so happy for jesperi lol

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Some thoughts on last night

-It's so fitting how Tatar won the game for us because both his move to get to the net and mindset to slip it under Fleury are two things I doubt Max would have done had he been in that situation.

Max had a golden chance with a partial breakaway at some point in the 2nd, he could of EASILY taken control of the puck and cut towards the net, he took a gander to his right, saw a man coming and in true chicken shit pacioretty fashion just shoots a lazy wrister instead

dont miss him

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Patches had a great game, just seems like a great guy. Good recovery by the Habs, we would have got smoked if Pricer was in the net counting his money.

Ebony Mackenzie

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Nice find.

Here's another version.

tUi1hVz.gif

I’ll be at the game against Vancouver next Saturday, if I see a camera I’m doing this!

Reactions: Runner77

Ebony Mackenzie

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I usually always go but it's so expensive. Also StubHub is a joke.

Yeah, I lucked into this one so the cost is lower than usual. But same idea usually for me.

The cost seems especially ridiculous when you think about how much more enjoyable it is to not have to hear Canucks fans talk about hockey!

I kid, I kid Canucks fans! Love you if you’re reading this.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

Ebony Mackenzie

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I usually always go but it's so expensive. Also StubHub is a joke.

But why we talking this when my post clearly referenced the Tattaaaaaarrrrr guy?

He was the real hero last night and we should be turning him into a Habs version of Dartguy! Can’t believe he doesn’t have an appreciation thread.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, I lucked into this one so the cost is lower than usual. But same idea usually for me.

The cost seems especially ridiculous when you think about how much more enjoyable it is to not have to hear Canucks fans talk about hockey!

I kid, I kid Canucks fans! Love you if you’re reading this.
Last time I went there were so many Habs fans. I remember vividly when a lady behind me was cheering so loud and yelled "Come on Brian Flynn you can score!". :laugh:

Reactions: McTusk

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
But why we talking this when my post clearly referenced the Tattaaaaaarrrrr guy?

He was the real hero last night and we should be turning him into a Habs version of Dartguy! Can’t believe he doesn’t have an appreciation thread.
Tshirt guy 2.0

Chippy11

We have a Hulk
Jun 2, 2015
I don’t want to knock more on the guy’s head but man!!
That gliding back check/ fly by from Pacioretty on our second goal is definitely one of the thing that drove people crazy around here. Me the first.
I’m happy it’s someone else’s problem right now.

Reactions: Redux91

Ebony Mackenzie

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Last time I went there were so many Habs fans. I remember vividly when a lady behind me was cheering so loud and yelled "Come on Brian Flynn you can score!". :laugh:

That’s awesome! Lol.

A guy behind me compared Paul Byron to Pavel Bure last one I was at.

I was really taken aback by Carey Price’s rockstar status, he’s made so many Habs fan in northern BC. The glass was cluttered for warm-ups to see him and the crowd erupted when he came out. Guess I take him for granted. And am an adult.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I'm good with the way the team is playing. And I like how this team's edition is faster, younger and given their youth, more exuberant.

If there was an "Attitude" problem, it's on the GM. Who assembled the team? Why did he not recognize earlier that there was an "Attitude" issue? How did he allow the team to go through so many years with "problem" players like Pacioretty and Galchenyuk? Price was apparently also an "Attitude" problem but he doesn't get pruned out like Pacioretty and Galchenyuk? Selective "Attitude" labels apply?

If there were really an "Attitude" problem as the GM claims, he would have gotten rid of Pacioretty and Galchenyuk earlier in his tenure. It took him 7 off seasons to realize there was a problem with them? I find that extrememely difficult to believe.

It took him just as long to figure out that the league was trending toward youth and speed. At some point, it's not the labels he comes up with, it has to be on the guy who comes up with the labels.
It took him a long time but he did finally recognize it

Reactions: Runner77

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I dont particularly care if he wins the Calder. Its zero part of my thinking when looking at Kotka.

He's not a superstar. What I want from him are simple plays, slowly adjusting to the game, massive sheltered minutes. I do not care about his production all that much.
I wanted him sent away but they kept him. I wouldn't give him better linemates at this point. If you do that, you increase the pressure from him to produce. There's just no need for that at this point.
Almost as if you want him to fail...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The foot race between Pacioretty and Alzner was hilarious. Alzner looked like he had cement blocks on his feet. Pacioretty had him beat and still took a perimeter shot.

All that was missing for the trifecta is long carom around the boards to Plekanec who ends the play with a chester from the opposing blue line.

Good times.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Almost as if you want him to fail...

I've been reading Kriss E a long time -- you really haven't been paying attention to what he writes if you even think for a second that he's rooting for failure.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’ll be at the game against Vancouver next Saturday, if I see a camera I’m doing this!

Get yourself an oversized face of Tatar on a stick!!!

"Wasssssssssssupppppppp!!!"

Tatahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

The Habs should be looking to hire the guy who came up with the bit. He's just perfect for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->