Sorry NBA Fans - Boston Just Clinched Next Season's Championship !!!!!

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Forget about Gordon Hayward leaving and forget about Jayson Tatum re-signing this HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE move undoubtedly puts the Celtics over the top.

from cbssports.com:

Tacko Fall will re-sign with the Boston Celtics on a two-way deal, according to The Athletic's Shams Charania. Fall, the tallest player in the NBA at 7-5, just completed his rookie season on another two-way deal. This season, however, he should expect to see more time with the Celtics than the Maine Red Claws, Boston's G League affiliate, thanks to tweaks in the structure of two-way deals. Normally, two-way players are allowed to spend only 45 days with their NBA teams. That includes travel and practice days. The rules have been relaxed significantly this season. Now, two-way players can be active for up to 50 games in the NBA.

That should give Fall, who scarcely saw the floor last season, more a chance to actually play for the Celtics. While he averaged 12.9 points, 11.4 rebounds and 3.1 blocks per game in Maine, he played only 33 total minutes for Boston. Those minutes came in garbage time. With a condensed schedule likely forcing some load-management, though, Fall might have a chance to play some meaningful regular-season minutes for the Celtics.

The deal is extremely low-risk for Boston, and while the reward on the court appears limited, the off-court benefits of Fall's presence are more than justify the signing. Fall has become a fan-favorite due to his affable personality and enormous size. He is a household name in the NBA, especially after Aaron Gordon dunked over him in the Slam Dunk Contest.

P.S. Now before any of the Laker fans that post here crap all over this let me just say that this thread was obviously made in jest........or was it ????? :dunno:

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Boston is legit, I like their roster. Can’t believe the Hornets gave Hayward that much money...unreal.

tbh though IF Kyrie and KD are healthy and as good as they were prior to their injuries(or at least close to it) then I don’t see anyone beating the Nets.

Deepest and most talented roster in the NBA top to bottom:

Kyrie
Brown
Shamet
Dinwiddie
LeVert
Harris(bringing him back was HUGE)
Green(a sneaky good addition)
Durant
Prince
TLC
Kurucs
Claxton
Allen
DJ

One open spot remaining to add another vet. Or they might make a trade. But for the most part they’re set and absolutely STACKED.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Boston is legit, I like their roster. Can’t believe the Hornets gave Hayward that much money...unreal.

tbh though IF Kyrie and KD are healthy and as good as they were prior to their injuries(or at least close to it) then I don’t see anyone beating the Nets.

Deepest and most talented roster in the NBA top to bottom:

Kyrie
Brown
Shamet
Dinwiddie
LeVert
Harris(bringing him back was HUGE)
Green(a sneaky good addition)
Durant
Prince
TLC
Kurucs
Claxton
Allen
DJ

One open spot remaining to add another vet. Or they might make a trade. But for the most part they’re set and absolutely STACKED.

You forget, Irving is a selfish, locker room killer. Durant has never led any team to anything. Spends a lot of time on Twitter whining.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
You forget, Irving is a selfish, locker room killer. Durant has never led any team to anything. Spends a lot of time on Twitter whining.
Kyrie seems like he has quite a few real mental health issues its just he comes across as really unsympathetic compared to pepole like Brandon Brooks or DeMar DeRozan.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I really hope they can get Harden without giving up Irving. The implosion in Brooklyn will be glorious. :thumbu:

Yeah ur right all those future HOFs and elite players playing together would result in poor basketball...makes a lot of sense...

I mean it’s not like Irving or KD have ever won rings while playing with other superstars before...

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

Durant has 2 Finals MVPs. His game 3 performances and all around clutch play was incredible. Stop trolling.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Durant has 2 Finals MVPs. His game 3 performances and all around clutch play was incredible. Stop trolling.

What did he lead the Thunder too? Jumped ship to a 73 win team. You don't think Curry and Thompson didn't have a big part on his game?

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Yeah ur right all those future HOFs and elite players playing together would result in poor basketball...makes a lot of sense...

I mean it’s not like Irving or KD have ever won rings while playing with other superstars before...

They weren't remotely leaders on either of those teams. What did Kyrie do in Boston? A big flop, and is a noted headcase. We will see if those 2 grow up and are able to do that with the Nets which I have a ton of doubt they've changed.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
They weren't remotely leaders on either of those teams. What did Kyrie do in Boston? A big flop, and is a noted headcase. We will see if those 2 grow up and are able to do that with the Nets which I have a ton of doubt they've changed.

You clearly have a biased against those 2(“weren’t remotely leaders”....did u not watch Kyrie in the 2016 Finals?....and how does KD win 2 Finals MVPS? rewatch those game 3’s. Splash bros were invisible and Durant had to LEAD the way. Literally....also pretty sure Kyrie got injured and missed the playoffs in Boston, yet u claim it was a “big bust” as if he failed on the court...again ur biased)....so this convo ends here. Zero point in arguing if ur slanted in one particular direction.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
You clearly have a biased against those 2(“weren’t remotely leaders”....did u not watch Kyrie in the 2016 Finals?....and how does KD win 2 Finals MVPS? rewatch those game 3’s. Splash bros were invisible and Durant had to LEAD the way. Literally....also pretty sure Kyrie got injured and missed the playoffs in Boston, yet u claim it was a “big bust” as if he failed on the court...again ur biased)....so this convo ends here. Zero point in arguing if ur slanted in one particular direction.

I go by what I hear from their mouths. Kyrie is a clown, with deep seeded mental issues. Durant is an insecure baby. Will Durant be what he was prior to his injury? Very hard to say, but Durant I can stomach much easier than Irving. I'd still want Kyrie on my team, but with duct tape on his mouth.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Bron was amazing in 2016 but Cavs dont win without Irving having a great finals. Say what you want about him but hes a champion and had a huge part in his team winning.

Also... KD was easily the Warriors best player during his run there. Theres a reason he was FMVP both times and absolutely killed it both years. His short return to the finals last year also rejuvenated the team and probably extending the series by an extra game.

& maybe you forgot, but he lead the Thunder to the finals. They didn't win but then again they were facing a super team that had peak LeBron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->