Sorokin or Shesterkin and why?

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
I believe Sorokin's KHL deal ends sooner, so he'll likely be over first.

Both look very good if they are already crushing the KHL. I also think it speaks to them as players if they are already playing on two of the best teams in the league. SKA could go get any goalie they want, but they are sticking with Shestyorkin.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Haha there is alot of wondering about these guys lately.. I just made 2 threads earlier this morning haha.

Im wondering same thing

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Sorokin contracts ends after the 17/18 season, the Shestyorkin contract ends after the 18/19 season.

As I mentioned in another thread with the same question, I prefer Shestyorkin, but I'm a Rangers fan. Its obviously very close between the two, and I think they are also really good friends.

Very interesting rivalry they have, and will likely have in NY in a few years.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The Sorokin contracts ends after the 17/18 season, the Shestyorkin contract ends after the 18/19 season.

As I mentioned in another thread with the same question, I prefer Shestyorkin, but I'm a Rangers fan. Its obviously very close between the two, and I think they are also really good friends.

Very interesting rivalry they have, and will likely have in NY in a few years.

that's good to know... hopefully they continue developing at a impressive rate next year too. Cant wait until they make their way to North America

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think it'll be Sorokin too. The Islanders goalie situation is a big ? mark for them. He's as good as anything else they have right now.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Haha there is alot of wondering about these guys lately.. I just made 2 threads earlier this morning haha.

Im wondering same thing

That's funny. I have Sorokin, but was offered the other dude in exchange. SKA has a stronger roster and NYI have poor goaltending so I'm leaning towards just keeping Sorokin. That being said Lundqvist isn't getting any younger...

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I love both their situations with their NHL teams that drafted them. NYR and NYI could both use these unreal prospects very soon

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I think this is going to be a good story going forward. I've read that Sorokin could be bought out of his final year.

Should be very interesting if his contract gets bought out. Im eager to see him here

What was the reason they were 3rd and 4th round picks and not higher? Or is this just a case of them both developing extremely fast after they were drafted and just plain old got alot better? Or was there other reasons they werent higher

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
Should be very interesting if his contract gets bought out. Im eager to see him here

What was the reason they were 3rd and 4th round picks and not higher? Or is this just a case of them both developing extremely fast after they were drafted and just plain old got alot better? Or was there other reasons they werent higher

Its rare to see goalies drafted in the early rounds

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
reread my answer. goalies arent usually picked early. Theres the russian factor. They are more boom and bust vs forwards and dmen. Goalies take longer to develop.. What else do you need?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've read an interview of Shestyorkin in which he said that Sorokin is the best goalie of KHL:nod: So...

I'm not sure that means much. Same thing as when a good athlete in any sport claims their younger brother who's an up and coming player will be better than them. They are good friends, of course Shestyorkin is going to go out of his way to compliment Sorokin.

NHL teams are not very smart. Sorokin went undrafted in his first draft. How did that happen? I understand Russian prospects are underrated and all that, but to not draft a goalie who is now one of the best goalie prospects in the sport? Makes little sense.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm not sure that means much. Same thing as when a good athlete in any sport claims their younger brother who's an up and coming player will be better than them. They are good friends, of course Shestyorkin is going to go out of his way to compliment Sorokin.

NHL teams are not very smart. Sorokin went undrafted in his first draft. How did that happen? I understand Russian prospects are underrated and all that, but to not draft a goalie who is now one of the best goalie prospects in the sport? Makes little sense.

ya its crazy he went undrafted too. Goalies are always just so damn hard to predict. Awesome to see some blue chip goalie prospects out there that hopefully make their way here soon

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
Goalies are always just so damn hard to predict... You got your answer to why they got picked in later rounds. Why was Karlson picked in the teens and not top 5??

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Goalies are always just so damn hard to predict... You got your answer to why they got picked in later rounds. Why was Karlson picked in the teens and not top 5??

Unsure what your agenda is here but geeze i really hit a nerve asking why these 2 were picked later hey?

I appologize for ruining your day.

Please stop trying to derail this thread cause its actually quite interesting to me to hear what knowledgable fans have to say about them.

Anyways carrying on...

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->