Soooo

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
In my locked thread: "Farewell to our Captain" I stated that there will be no season, and our Cpt. had maybe played his final game as a Flame. Well I think the drop dead date is still Feb 16 before they cancel the season.

I know people will bash this thread, like they did the previous one, an maybe close it again. But my question remains: if Iggy is gone next season, who becomes our Captain?

I say Gio. Because I cannot see anyone else. Cammy? Tangs? J-Bo?

With all the legalities involved and the possibility of govt. intervention, maybe we will be lucky and see a season salvaged. But it isn't likely. I hope I am wrong, but I have a strong sense that this labour dispute is unlike anything pro sports have seen.

Anyway, next captain?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If Iggy is gone I would think Cammy would be the captain from what I have read Gio is quiet off the ice and I think a more vocal leader is what we need so I think Cammy is the guy. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if we had no captain for a year aswell.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
IF Jarome doesn't resign I would think Cammy. He is vocal, experience, great play, swagger, team player, etc.

I would want Gio, Tangs, and GlenX wearing the A.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
In my locked thread: "Farewell to our Captain" I stated that there will be no season, and our Cpt. had maybe played his final game as a Flame. Well I think the drop dead date is still Feb 16 before they cancel the season.

I know people will bash this thread, like they did the previous one, an maybe close it again. But my question remains: if Iggy is gone next season, who becomes our Captain?

I say Gio. Because I cannot see anyone else. Cammy? Tangs? J-Bo?

With all the legalities involved and the possibility of govt. intervention, maybe we will be lucky and see a season salvaged. But it isn't likely. I hope I am wrong, but I have a strong sense that this labour dispute is unlike anything pro sports have seen.

Anyway, next captain?

First of all, that wasn't your question in your original thread. You made a STATEMENT that Iginla would walk and that is why your received backlash. Revisionist history going on here...

Now lets say he does walk. I see two legitimate options:

1. Giordano, proved to be a leader, fan favorite. Seems like a perfect fit.

2. Cammy. Has also been proved to be a leader (playoffs) and is once again a fan favorite.

I would guess Gio, but i'd prefer Cammy myself. Suck thats we may lose the whole season. I still don't see Iginla walking. At very worst, I can see a sign and trade.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Most likely, there won't be a captain for a short period of time, say a season, if Iginla walks or is traded. After that, it depends on the direction the teams goes and whether or not guys like Cammalleri and Giordano stick around or are traded away.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
He has not played his last game as a flame, he will atleast sign for one more year at worst before walking away to free agency and giving the flames nothing in return.

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
i dont really care if he doesnt resign... honestly hes gonna want 5.5+ and hes 35 (will be 36 next year) and not gonna play this season and i dont think he'll be worth that, i'd rather just move on and make cammy captain

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
i dont really care if he doesnt resign... honestly hes gonna want 5.5+ and hes 35 (will be 36 next year) and not gonna play this season and i dont think he'll be worth that, i'd rather just move on and make cammy captain

Really? Wait are you the poster who thinks he is overrated and only a 2nd line player?

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Leadership experience. Proven winner. Young, but not inexperienced.

:yo:

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Not sure if serious. Hasn't even played a game yet as a Flame, and in this hypothetical, we are picking a new captain at the start of the season.
Come on, it was obviously a joke. Would be pretty funny though.

I would be interested to see where that picture was taken...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->