Sooo I'm going to be going to my first habs game this season

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
March 7th in Phoenix vs the Coyotes.

Having lived on the west coast my entire life I haven't had the opportunity to do so. The closest I would have come would be when I saw USA vs Switzerland in the 2010 Olympics and saw Weber play.

I'm pretty stoked and hope to see a good game with the good guys coming out on top.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
March 7th in Phoenix vs the Coyotes.

Having lived on the west coast my entire life I haven't had the opportunity to do so. The closest I would have come would be when I saw USA vs Switzerland in the 2010 Olympics and saw Weber play.

I'm pretty stoked and hope to see a good game with the good guys coming out on top.

First Habs game ever? Wow, that has to be pretty special for you. We all hope that you'll have a great game and obviously a nice win!

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Hope you have a blast.

The first Habs game I ever saw live was when the Habs eliminated the Bruins in 6 games. Jose Theodore made a ridiculous stick save.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
First game I saw was in 2001. It was the last game of the season when we played the New Jersey Devils and lost 2-0. Last game of Alain Vigneault. I was ten years old and it was the biggest snoozefest any hockey fan could ever witness. Thankfully the team has changed since.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
First game I saw was in 2001. It was the last game of the season when we played the New Jersey Devils and lost 2-0. Last game of Alain Vigneault. I was ten years old and it was the biggest snoozefest any hockey fan could ever witness. Thankfully the team has changed since.

Didn't Vigneault get fired at the start of the 00/01 season? That was probably Therrien coaching, seems like nothing has changed haha.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Hopefully, you have better luck than me. When I went to watch 5 games back in the 2012-13 season, the Habs ended up losing them all. I cross my fingers for you, m8.

Enjoy.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Didn't Vigneault get fired at the start of the 00/01 season? That was probably Therrien coaching, seems like nothing has changed haha.

Yeah youre right...

Some of the names on the roster that night: Aaron Asham, Benoit Brunet, Craig Darby, Christian Laflamme, Jim Campbell, Juha Lind, Francis Bouillon

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
I'm masochistic OP; how much did you pay for tickets and how good are the seats? Must be a lot cheaper to watch the Habs in Pheonix.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm masochistic OP; how much did you pay for tickets and how good are the seats? Must be a lot cheaper to watch the Habs in Pheonix.

Used to have season tickets to the Coyotes. Was $23 per game in the upper bowl on the side around the blue line, between it and the goal line. Great view of the ice.

One of the major things poorer clubs like the Coyotes do is give steep discounts to full season ticket holders like I was. My package averaged only $23 per game, but if you wanted a single game ticket in the same price category, it started at $45 and could be up to $60 against "premier" opponents (read: Chicago because of bandwagon fans and the fact that Phoenix has a large amount of internal expats from Chicago - so out-of-towners exist not just for the bandwagon Blackhawks fanbase).

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I saw my first ever game in March of 93. You'll see your first ever in March of 2015. I think that means the Habs are winning the Cup this year.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Prices in Nashville are really cheap also as are tickets in Tampa. Sitting 5 rows behind the players bench in Nashville was only 80 bucks.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Used to have season tickets to the Coyotes. Was $23 per game in the upper bowl on the side around the blue line, between it and the goal line. Great view of the ice.

One of the major things poorer clubs like the Coyotes do is give steep discounts to full season ticket holders like I was. My package averaged only $23 per game, but if you wanted a single game ticket in the same price category, it started at $45 and could be up to $60 against "premier" opponents (read: Chicago because of bandwagon fans and the fact that Phoenix has a large amount of internal expats from Chicago - so out-of-towners exist not just for the bandwagon Blackhawks fanbase).

I don't think you looked in the right places. I was looking into phoenix tickets last spring, they had a deal for 2 tickets in the lower bowl (best availability) + 2 beers, for 100$ total.

Didn't make the drive over, just went to see Habs in Anaheim instead. 4th row corner tickets, 90$ each.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I don't think you looked in the right places. I was looking into phoenix tickets last spring, they had a deal for 2 tickets in the lower bowl (best availability) + 2 beers, for 100$ total.

Didn't make the drive over, just went to see Habs in Anaheim instead. 4th row corner tickets, 90$ each.

They ran promotions all year long, yes.

I dropped my season tickets for this year for unrelated reasons, but my understanding of the market over the course of 2 seasons of holding them, the only real benefit of season tickets was having the same seat for every game. If my main concern was just going to every game I could have done it for a bit cheaper without a season ticket package if I didn't mind sitting in a new seat every night.

A big benefit by the numbers compared to face/resale values judging by the 2012 playoff run would have been a huge discount on playoff tickets, but the 2 years I had season tickets the Coyotes didn't make the playoffs so I never got to see the tangible benefits of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad