Soo Greyhounds 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
Has anyone heard anything about Rasmus Sandin going back to Sweden next season? Just wondering, was looking through prospects on ElitePropsects and it has his team for next seasons listed as Rogle.

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
I'm all for maintaining the puck possession and skill game, but I'd love if a new coach implemented a better work ethic - something of a hybrid between Keefe and Hartsburg would be great.

Don't know enough about him, but anyone think Jordan Smith has the necessary skillset and is ready to be an OHL head coach?

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
I'm all for maintaining the puck possession and skill game, but I'd love if a new coach implemented a better work ethic - something of a hybrid between Keefe and Hartsburg would be great.

Don't know enough about him, but anyone think Jordan Smith has the necessary skillset and is ready to be an OHL head coach?[ ; !

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Schedule makers did SSM a whole lot of favours. I don't get how one team can have 9 3-in-3's and another has 0.....

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Considering SSM has the hardest travel of any team in the league and that they have enough 3 in 4's, it actually seems fair. Almost levels the travel and fatigue out.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Considering SSM has the hardest travel of any team in the league and that they have enough 3 in 4's, it actually seems fair. Almost levels the travel and fatigue out.

For sure understandable that they'd have less, but not one while another team has 9? Being on the bus for a long time sucks, but a 3-in-3 is a unique fatigue level

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
For sure understandable that they'd have less, but not one while another team has 9? Being on the bus for a long time sucks, but a 3-in-3 is a unique fatigue level

The schedule is largely dictated by the teams and not the league.

The Greyhounds choose to play 3 road games in 4 days because of the travel schedule. Take for example November 21st-24th where they have to play in Guelph, Sault Ste. Marie, and Owen Sound in 4 days. That's possible but not reasonable to do in 3 days.

Teams with easy travel schedules choose to bunch games on the weekends for financial reasons. You'll notice that each and every one of Kingston's 3 in 3s are Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Rest assured, the league isn't handing out any favours.

Last edited:
Reactions: staubitz

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
The schedule is largely dictated by the teams and not the league.

The Greyhounds choose to play 3 road games in 4 days because of the travel schedule. Take for example November 21st-24th where they have to play in Guelph, Sault Ste. Marie, and Owen Sound in 4 days. That's possible but not reasonable to do in 3 days.

Teams with easy travel schedules choose to bunch games on the weekends for financial reasons. You'll notice that each and every one of Kingston's 3 in 3s are Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Rest assured, the league isn't handing out any favours.

Just briefly looking at the schedule I thought I saw 12 sets of 3 games in 4 days, which would mean they have at least and most likely more than 12 sets of back to back games.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Congratulations to Sheldon keefe and the Toronto Marlies on winning the Calder cup will he be the next head coach of the islanders? Every where this guy goes he wins will Lou sign him on the island heard they are interested in him.

Last edited:

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Congratulations to Sheldon keefe and the Toronto Marlies on winning the Calder cup will he be the next head coach of the islanders? Every where this guy goes he wins will Lou sign him on the island heard they are interested in him.
Congratulations to Hayton 5 th pick overall to the coyotes and Sandin 29 th to the leafs

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Soo fans!

What can you tell me about Sandin? Is he expected back in the Soo next year? Where does he slot into the lineup in 2018-19?

Was he a solid player in 2017-18?

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Soo fans!

What can you tell me about Sandin? Is he expected back in the Soo next year? Where does he slot into the lineup in 2018-19?

Was he a solid player in 2017-18?
He is supposed to go back to Sweden next season but with the leafs drafting him Dubas said tonight he will be in the Soo next season
He will be the number 1 D next season look for him to be on Sweden’s world junior team next year the kid is a stud you will be happy when you watch him play

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
He is supposed to go back to Sweden next season but with the leafs drafting him Dubas said tonight he will be in the Soo next season
He will be the number 1 D next season look for him to be on Sweden’s world junior team next year the kid is a stud you will be happy when you watch him play
Good to hear. I think I'd be more comfortable with him on the Soo next year.

By all accounts, Rogle sounds like a tire fire.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Good to hear. I think I'd be more comfortable with him on the Soo next year.

By all accounts, Rogle sounds like a tire fire.
He was Rasmus dahlin d partner on Sweden’s under 17 team and he was also the captain on that team he reminds me of nick lidstrom very smart he played with Conner Timmins this season and I think he was our best defence man this year can’t wait to see him rip this league up next year

Reactions: Fastpace

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Hopefully we won't need any picks in the Import Draft if both Sandin and Kupari are sent back to the Hounds this fall.

GameTime

Oct 25, 2017
Sandin will be a star in the NHL. Just needs few years of growth and development. I hope you are right about him being a Hound this season.

Radzy

Aug 28, 2012
You guys can actually protect both import players and select two at the up coming import draft. Rules changed this year import players dont have to be taken in the 1st round to protect them. Not sure if they have to be signed or just drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->