Sony PS5 2

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Mine is pretty quiet but then randomly it will spin up and sound like the system is about to take off, and then go back to being quiet. That happens like once every 30 minutes or so.

Same here.

Also, does someone get something similar: when plugging my LAN cable, I’m getting nonstop notifications ‘’LAN Cable is connected’’ then ‘’LAN cable is disconnect’’.

The only way to get out of that is to go back on wifi. Hopefully it will be patched soon.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Same here.

Also, does someone get something similar: when plugging my LAN cable, I’m getting nonstop notifications ‘’LAN Cable is connected’’ then ‘’LAN cable is disconnect’’.

The only way to get out of that is to go back on wifi. Hopefully it will be patched soon.
it's possible that your cable is the issue, I would try using a different cable and see if it changes anything

And yeah I have heard the disc drive is extremely loud. I've seen it disassembled and it seems like the disc drive is held in place with 4 screws and a single ribbon cable. Feels like the all digital is the real console and the disc drive was an afterthought.

Sep 19, 2008

He said he couldn't afford a real one so he made one out of cardboard

someone bought it thus giving him enough money to buy the real one

Good scheme

Reactions: KapG

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Side note for those looking to get one still (US only from what I can tell. Might be similar for CAN)

Amazon: Random drops. Expects to happen randomly over the next week
Playstation Direct: They did a surprise one this morning. I highly suggest you download a refresh page macro and have you just refresh every 30 seconds. I got in the que and had 1 min left before it was sold out. There is talk they plan to do it daily but not confirmed.
BestBuy: Drops on Sunday No definite time but my guess is similar to launch day which saw them drop it every hour starting at 9:00 AM EST ish. Drops happened 3 times.
Walmart: Nov 25th at 7:00PM est. That will be a shitshow since its only 1 time.
Gamestop: In-stores only on Black Friday.

Hope this helps!
So the refresh macro does not work anymore for ps direct. Myself and a few others had it on and going but as they que'd up, those of us who refreshed were not placed in que, not matter how many times it refreshed. In my case I had to wait 5 mins before placed into que at all (while others were in que already).

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Did anyone else get their PS4 stuck in a loop by cancelling the system transfer? It stuck on the transferring screen no matter how many times you turn it off.

Edit: Nevermind, restarting it in safe mode fixes it.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Anyone had any luck picking one up since release?
I was able to get one the night before/morning of release through PS Direct for my brother.

I’ve been trying to get myself one now and was able to get through the PS Direct queue today with plenty of time to spare but it wouldn’t let me complete my order because I already ordered one.

I’m bummed out that I still don’t have one for myself but it somewhat makes me feel better that scalpers aren’t running buck wild there like everywhere else.

Target, Walmart, and others i’ve tried every drop with zero luck. Bots are too strong.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I was able to get one the night before/morning of release through PS Direct for my brother.

I’ve been trying to get myself one now and was able to get through the PS Direct queue today with plenty of time to spare but it wouldn’t let me complete my order because I already ordered one.

I’m bummed out that I still don’t have one for myself but it somewhat makes me feel better that scalpers aren’t running buck wild there like everywhere else.

Target, Walmart, and others i’ve tried every drop with zero luck. Bots are too strong.
Anyone you following to get notified for drops?

I am following guys like Wario64 & PS5Stock. I decided to create a icon on my homescreen to click once I get a notification.

Does seem like direct is one of the better ways to go about it because of the limit of bots. I am hoping for bestbuy since I traded in my iphones for $600. I was SUPER close a few times since they are limiting it to pickup locations only.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Anyone you following to get notified for drops?

@StockPS5, @Wario64, and @PS5sales on twitter.

I've gotten into the queues through those guys other days but today was the first time I got in with stock still available since that day of launch.

They've given me a fighting chance at least.

I just have twitter notifications on and basically have my phone next to me all day.

I posted this over on the Flyers board but i'll repost it here also...

I can't speak for the overall quality of this business but I can say that the other day when they said that Series S bundles were going on sale at 3:15 I was able to get on their site and add it to my cart immediately and used paypal credit checkout and my order went through at 3:15:38. No issues. It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Checking out through PayPal made it ten times easier as you weren't using their website to check out while the traffic took it down.

Yeah, again it's a bundle but if you gotta have a system this might be a great way to get one. I also understand that the Series S isn't as sought after as the PS5 and Series X so it might not go as smoothly.

Reactions: sa cyred

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I know it's a BC game so it's not fully optimized, but the resolution mode on FFXV runs like a dog.

The "lite" mode is 60 fps, but that's really not impressive considering it was in the 40s and 50s on pro

Edit: just started playing demons souls and the 30fps mode feels choppy, like sub 30 for sure. To my knowledge Demon Souls does 1440p with TAA for the performance mode vs 4k for the cinematic mode, but they look similar to me.

I'm starting to think that what the Series S was marketed as -- a 1440p console -- is what the PS5 will actually end up being. Whereas the Series S is probably going to look pretty bad in a years time.

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
@StockPS5, @Wario64, and @PS5sales on twitter.

I've gotten into the queues through those guys other days but today was the first time I got in with stock still available since that day of launch.

They've given me a fighting chance at least.

I just have twitter notifications on and basically have my phone next to me all day.

I posted this over on the Flyers board but i'll repost it here also...

Thanks buddy. Yea seems like a few people that got it, did the same thing you did. Ps direct is super random through the day. Seems like they plan to do daily. Atleast they have each weekend so far since launch

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thanks buddy. Yea seems like a few people that got it, did the same thing you did. Ps direct is super random through the day. Seems like they plan to do daily. Atleast they have each weekend so far since launch

Yeah, I think that they were going to do a drop on Saturday and Sunday but with the esc glitch being found on Friday they wanted to sure that up.

PS Direct is the best way to get a system for the time being. You just really need to be right on it when the queue starts.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Wario64 is a legend.
I've been following him for a few years.
Just be wary, he posts a LOT of deals every day. So don't expect a lot of his posts to be PS5 related. If they go up he will post it though.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm really impressed by how astrobot uses the resistive triggers, haptics and speakers in the controller. It's genuinely immersive.

Though I will say, the Wii did the built in speakers and Gyro over a decade ago, the Wii U did the built in Mic, and the switch did HD rumble.

I was going to say Astro Bot might be the best tech demo of all time, but I think that was just me being impressed by the fact that it's an actual game. Wii Sports, and probably even Nintendo Land are much better.

Edit: on a sidenote has anyone figured out how to break through the floor at the end of the game in astrobot? Don't see and guides out there.

Lol, nevermind, you take the stairs and go downstairs.

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Walmart or Botmart what people are callng it, is having a PS5 drop 3:00 PM EST tomorrow.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Also use popfindr.com or brickseek.com and search your area for availability. I would check at night the day before since that is seeminly when the inventory is updated. Quite a few people have gotten lucky and went to a local place to get it, even though online says its soldout at that store.

Note, on brickseek it will say your walmart has it. There is a note on the website saying that the quantity is for black friday so dont trust it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
You know I have to say, playing the 1-1 of demon souls, if Shadow of the colossus Colossus could be played on base PS4, this game easily could have. I actually went into blackout mode for this game because I was hearing so many great things about it. Don't get me wrong it looks amazing, but there's no way this couldn't have been scaled down slightly for a PS4 version.

I guess they needed something to sell the ps5, but still.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

He said he couldn't afford a real one so he made one out of cardboard

someone bought it thus giving him enough money to buy the real one

Good scheme

Someone really spent $400 for basically cardboard in the shape of a ps5?

:lol:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Someone really spent $400 for basically cardboard in the shape of a ps5?

:lol:

When the PS2 was launched, someone put the blue box it came in on eBay and still got over MSRP for it, despite putting the words "just the box" multiple times in the title and the description. Some people are just that dense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->