Sony PS4 #9: Your Exclusive Home for Exclusives

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Do you play multiplayer? Definetely uncharted 4 then. Crash will be super cheap eventually cause it's just a rehash. Final fantasy isn't that interesting. Kingdom hearts might be ok never played it. Yooka will be super cheap and it's just a worse banjo apparently. Lego city undercover might have been the last good lego game (not sure as I've never played it) but they usually have no replay ability once you have beaten it except for the one Star Wars game like a decade ago

I'd rank them as uncharted. Kingdom and then final fantasy but the last two are whatever since I've never played them but both are good I guess

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I want to purchase a game, but I don't know what. Here's my possibilities:

• Final Fantasy XV
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.8
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5
  • Uncharted 4
  • Crash N.Sane Trilogy
  • FinaL Fantasy 12 HD
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Yooka-Laylee

Any thoughts?

If you haven't played KH 1.5 + 2.5, there's no point in getting 2.8. It's also pretty short, like a prelude to a game that's 3 years out. Wait for the price to drop. 1.5 + 2.5 is pretty good value, you'll get a lot of hours if you're new to the series. I'm playing through it now and enjoying it.

Yooka-Laylee reviews were meh, if you like classic platformers the Crash trilogy probably has more value.

Uncharted games always bored me so I can't recommend that, though I haven't tried that one.

Even though it's not listed, buy Persona 5 if you like RPG's. It's better than the Final Fantasy's listed above. You'll get 100 hours out of it too.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
If you haven't played KH 1.5 + 2.5, there's no point in getting 2.8. It's also pretty short, like a prelude to a game that's 3 years out. Wait for the price to drop. 1.5 + 2.5 is pretty good value, you'll get a lot of hours if you're new to the series. I'm playing through it now and enjoying it.

Yooka-Laylee reviews were meh, if you like classic platformers the Crash trilogy probably has more value.

Uncharted games always bored me so I can't recommend that, though I haven't tried that one.

Even though it's not listed, buy Persona 5 if you like RPG's. It's better than the Final Fantasy's listed above. You'll get 100 hours out of it too.

Eh, even though they are both RPG type games...i feel like they are very different from each other and hard to compare.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

• Final Fantasy XV
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.8
  • Uncharted 4
  • Crash N.Sane Trilogy
  • FinaL Fantasy 12 HD
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Yooka-Laylee

Any thoughts?

Persona 5.

Bonus points for getting the most out of your money with a 100+ hour story.

Horizon, Persona 5 or Nier

All brilliant options.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Eh, even though they are both RPG type games...i feel like they are very different from each other and hard to compare.

Meh, it's really not hard at all to call Persona a superior game. FFXV was profoundly mediocre with a sub-par battle system (even among JRPG standards, which are lower than ARPG standards) and extremely poorly told stand alone story. If it didn't have the FF name and the novelty of that series going action for battles it wouldn't even be talked about.

Now, it's true that they are different style games - and that some people will like a lesser game of a certain genre more than a better game of a different genre - but it is not hard at all to call Persona a significantly better game than FFXV (or FFXII for that matter, which I did enjoy a lot).

If the OP is looking for an ARPG style game in the mold of FFXV, then Nier is a much better game than XV as well.

BigMac1212

Registered Insominac

I have played Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, 1.5 & 2.5, so I'm familiar with the franchise.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
FWIW, PlayStation turkey released a twitter post and the quickly deleted it saying the ps plus games for June will be Killing Floor 2 and Life is Strange.

If true (big if), would be the best free games we have gotten in a real long time.

So it was true. Killing Floor 2 and Life is Strange is free. Great month!!!! Haven't played the free games in awhile since they haven't interested me recently.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

• Final Fantasy XV
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.8
  • Uncharted 4
  • Crash N.Sane Trilogy
  • FinaL Fantasy 12 HD
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Yooka-Laylee

Any thoughts?

I enjoyed FF XV. If you haven't played it I would definitely give it a try. KH 1.5 + 2.5 are great. I just finished 1.5 not to long ago. Proud mode is a pretty good challenge.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

• Final Fantasy XV
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.8
  • Uncharted 4
  • Crash N.Sane Trilogy
  • FinaL Fantasy 12 HD
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Yooka-Laylee

Any thoughts?

Consider World of Final Fantasy too if you want a nostalgia kick? I think it doesn't get enough love personally, but for me it totally hits all the old school Squenix FF bullet points while keeping some modernization.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
gold_ps4.0.jpg

New gold PS4 coming out later this month for $250. I've been waiting for another price drop to finally buy one, not sure if I want a gold PS4 though.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Care to explain what that means for someone that doesn't speak gamestop

To my understanding, you can apply the trade credit for the items you are trading in to GameStop directly to your Amazon account.

So now instead of having that credit only apply to GameStop stores, you can have that credit added to your Amazon account to buy whatever you want on Amazon.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
To my understanding, you can apply the trade credit for the items you are trading in to GameStop directly to your Amazon account.

So now instead of having that credit only apply to GameStop stores, you can have that credit added to your Amazon account to buy whatever you want on Amazon.

Did amazon buy GameStop?

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Is there a way to equalize sound on the PS4?

I love that Spotify is an option, but not so much when the menu music or background music of a game is just as loud if not louder than what I want to listen to? Can you cancel out the music on games while listening to Spotify?

It's insanely annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->