Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I was about to clean my PS4 and figured since I've inherited all the screw heads in the world from my dad, the one needed for the three screws to remove the bottom is bound to be among them.

Guess who's going to the store to buy a T9 screwdriver. I could've checked this before I went to get the compressed air the other day, but nah.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Is Days Gone any good? I just playing it, like 20 minutes in and I’m already bored. Don’t know if I should give it a chance or not.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Is Days Gone any good? I just playing it, like 20 minutes in and I’m already bored. Don’t know if I should give it a chance or not.

I have no personal experience (zombie games don't really do it for me), but I have heard that it gets much better as you go. Some even suggested the beginning sucks on purpose but....that's a bold move if true.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I personally loved it! One of my favourite games of the generation. The first couple hours are on the slower side but once you level up a bit, get some better weapons, and advance the story it becomes a really satisfying open world game. The world is also really well made imo.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I don’t know if I should keep playing it. I got to the town part where you have access to all the shops and stuff but it feels like Far Cry with Zombies.

The vision thing to see items and tracking and stuff, completely sucks. You can barely tell what you can pick up and what you can’t.

The controls are really clunky. The guy just feels heavy to control.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Days Gone somehow simultaneously managed to be better than people thought it was going to be, but also still wasn't very good. Basically the dictionary definition of "average."

Last edited:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Days Gone somehow simultaneously managed to be better than people thought it was going to be, but also still wasn't very good. Basically the dictionary definition of "average."

Yeah I just gave up. Feels like "work" rather than having fun playing it.

Tried another game for about 2 hours yesterday and thought it was the same, Code Vein. It has a cool idea with the job-like system, but they all feel the same. The combat also feels clunky and you don't seem like you actually "hit" the enemies. Character customization is pretty cool though. Overall, I doubt I'll give it a second go.

Man, I'm 0 for 2 this week.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yeah I just gave up. Feels like "work" rather than having fun playing it.

Tried another game for about 2 hours yesterday and thought it was the same, Code Vein. It has a cool idea with the job-like system, but they all feel the same. The combat also feels clunky and you don't seem like you actually "hit" the enemies. Character customization is pretty cool though. Overall, I doubt I'll give it a second go.

Man, I'm 0 for 2 this week.

Code Vein starts to feel better when you get more abilities to mix and match but generally you're right, the combat never feels weighty enough. Level design never gets as good as you expect from those games, either. I finished it because I have a high tolerance for Souls games and anime bullshit but it's similar to Days Gone in quality; it's an "okay" game when you could be playing Sekiro or Nioh or something.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Code Vein could have been okay, but it was horrible. The levels are padded crap designed like mazes with the worst mechanic I've ever seen for storytelling, slowly walking through peoples memories. Honestly would rather have audio logs than that.

The early game is genuinely good level design. Once you get to the cathedral of the sacred blood, they turn the level into a maze where everything looks the same for "lore reasons", then also turn every single level in the game after that into one too for no particular reason. It's about a 30 hour game when it should be a 15 hour game.

The combat and skill system is actually good, though ultra greatsword like the zweihander, oni-bane, and final boss weapon are just better than everything else so its not really balanced. Once you pick up the zweihander in the ruined city you can sleepwalk through the game.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
So I hate to ask, but what's the projected price of the PS5? If it's $500 USD (which would be about $700 CDN) then f*** that.

I wouldn't expect anything lower than $600 CAD (plus the lovely tax of course), although IIRC we did get favourable exchange rates on the launch PS4....so it could be ~$550 here in Canada. I don't think it will hit $700.

I expect a lot of people will wait.

While I understand a potential price increase, the rumours are approaching a price point that a lot of customers will start to balk at. We'll see what happens, but I hope this won't be another launch PS3 situation....

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I wouldn't expect much more than $500 US for either console because I think both companies will feel like they'll have to sell for a loss this time around. Could see them adjusting for exchange rates in regions like Canada so it doesn't get too high.

Also it'll vary by developer but I think you can also bet on the price of games going up. Nintendo already likes listing their pre-orders with retailers at $100 Canadian "just in case" there's a change in the exchange rate, for example. Atlus also raised their physical prices when COVID started. Persona 5 Royal physical was $120 for a bit, currently still $93.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ugh I'm not excited for the price of games to go up, but it does seem somewhat inevitable at this point.

Ever since 2018 I have basically been playing single player games a year behind when they come out. I find I can avoid spoilers well enough and for a 15ish hour game, paying 20-40 dollars is much nicer than the 70-90 it would be at launch.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm a fan of vanillaware but Ive never seen gameplay like that. Is it a strategy or puzzle game?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I look forward to buying the PS5 in several years when the price is reasonable and there are tons of games to play.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I may have said it in another thread, but if the rumors that the demons souls remake is a launch exclusive, it's a must buy at launch for me.

Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->