Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Digital. Best sales and no tax. Can also game share.

Sales is debatable.

Also, my internet sucks. I have 5mb/s download speed. When it comes to giant games it takes days to download them, meaning I never want to delete them, meaning the hard drive gets filled up.

At this point my collection is likely 50/50 digital vs physical.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Sales is debatable.

Also, my internet sucks. I have 5mb/s download speed. When it comes to giant games it takes days to download them, meaning I never want to delete them, meaning the hard drive gets filled up.

At this point my collection is likely 50/50 digital vs physical.
I don't think sales is debatable, the sales on the ps sale can be pretty insane, plus you get even a bigger discount if you have ps+. They also promotions like spend $100, get $15 off on a future purchase.

The Internet thing is legit though, being able to game share though is too good to pass up.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Maybe it's just me, but I haven't found Amazon to be as appealing after they slashed the prime benefits for games.

Theyre comparable to most other places, but the sales wasnt really the point. Its just an alternative to Walmart for Head Crusher to look at.

I literally just purchased RDR2 for $50 CDN with free shipping to my office from Amazon. Its regular $80CDN. So thats pretty decent.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Yea amazon is the only place I ever get the rare physical game. Amazon prime is great. The best time is pre order games around E3 where you get a pretty good discount, and can cancel them at anytime.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Goodness the PS4 software is so insanely slow and the store actually crashes now.

Sony is definitely getting ready to announce the ps5 this year, pulling some apple tricks on their old console.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Yea amazon is the only place I ever get the rare physical game. Amazon prime is great. The best time is pre order games around E3 where you get a pretty good discount, and can cancel them at anytime.

They didn't really do that last year, at least in Canada....did they? Walmart did.

I used to really like the 20% off prime feature. I was sad when it went away.

Things got pretty digital for me after that.

Last edited:

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
They didn't really do that last year, at least in Canada....did they? Walmart did.

I used to really like the 20% off prime feature. I was sad when it went away.

Things got pretty digital for me after that.
Yea Amazon is kinds bad for new games right now imo(at least in canada). I think last year they did select games 20% off but not all of them. Walmart did more than amazon iirc. Also I preordered rdr2 summer 2017 I think during their e3 sale but somehow they ran out of stock and shipped it to me 1.5 weeks late. While waiting i bought the digital edition, got a credit for amazon, and then sold my physical copy to a friend for full retail.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

I like the convenience of being able to play it the day I bought it.

Digital. Best sales and no tax. Can also game share.

While I do have an extensive digital library, though since moving out to the country my internet options are limited so the best one I could get in terms of speed comes with a data cap of 250gb. I find it hard to commit 40% of my monthly internet on 1 game, like in the case of RDR2.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I like the convenience of being able to play it the day I bought it.

While I do have an extensive digital library, though since moving out to the country my internet options are limited so the best one I could get in terms of speed comes with a data cap of 250gb. I find it hard to commit 40% of my monthly internet on 1 game, like in the case of RDR2.

Fair enough reason. Ive just learned to live with it at this point. Free two day shipping is enough for me.

If I really want something, Ill go to Walmart like you now have too.

RDR2 was a physical copy must buy for me as well due to its size.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Fair enough reason. Ive just learned to live with it at this point. Free two day shipping is enough for me.

If I really want something, Ill go to Walmart like you now have too.

RDR2 was a physical copy must buy for me as well due to its size.

We don't qualify for the free shipping because we are in a "remote area" so I have to tell them to deliver it to the towns post office and we pick it up there. :shakehead

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Theyre comparable to most other places, but the sales wasnt really the point. Its just an alternative to Walmart for Head Crusher to look at.

I literally just purchased RDR2 for $50 CDN with free shipping to my office from Amazon. Its regular $80CDN. So thats pretty decent.

Ah I got ya.

The nice thing about physical copies for me was always the ability to easily trade them in to recoup some cost. Unfortunately, that's pretty reliant on EB Games at this point...

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I really prefer to have a physical copy of a game. The only time I buy digital is if a game is on a really good sale.
Also, that being said, I should have pre-ordered Death's End Re Quest as there are no physical copies at the GameStop near me since I was going to return something anyways :(

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Path of Exhile officially released next Friday (3/8). FTP Diablo type game. One of the biggest games on PC

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Stellaris has been released for PS4/Xbox1. So far has been getting pretty good reviews. Most seemed to be impressed that they converted a 4x PC game into a console game while not losing much of the functionality of the PC (such as moving around the screen etc)

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Somewhat random question; I have a set of PAL DVDs, and the PS4 says it can play them, just have to change the region, which is fine, as I have other disc players, but the region of DVDs shouldn't have any effects on the games, correct? As far as I know, the PS4 is region free, and playing the PAL discs would just save me from having to use VLC and my desktop.

PepperKeenan

Sep 22, 2012
Sweden
I got some PS4 oldies but goldies this weekend. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and InFAMOUS Second Son. I've only played the games for a couple of hours. Anybody got any beginners tips?

Super fun games. If you, like me got the PS4 pretty late and have missed these early games I totally reccomend getting them as they're really cheap too. Any other old games I should check out?

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Any played FFXV can shed some light if its worth playing? Currently going through FFIX and on a nostalgia trip. I know FFXV is a lot different in style and combat, but wondering how it holds up as a game? Kinda sucks the Royal Edition is $20 for Xbox but $40 for PS4 on Amazon for some reason.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
It's ok, would pay the 20 and not the 40, so wait for a sale I guess. I played just the base game, none of the DLC. If you're a gameplay > story player like me you'll probably enjoy it, but if you require a good story and characters, look elsewhere.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Any played FFXV can shed some light if its worth playing? Currently going through FFIX and on a nostalgia trip. I know FFXV is a lot different in style and combat, but wondering how it holds up as a game? Kinda sucks the Royal Edition is $20 for Xbox but $40 for PS4 on Amazon for some reason.

It's definitely worth it at $20. $40? Eh...it's a mixed bag. They created a beautiful world and crafted some characters that I wound up liking far more than I imagined I would (the fact that I liked Prompto even slightly was stunning given that he looks like a variation of Zell, the shittiest playable character in JRPG history as far as I'm concerned)...but the story was...not good. It's a quality game that clearly had a troubled development.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
They've patched a lot of stuff in FFXV since its release so even though I platinum'd the game I probably still couldn't offer much in terms of a recommendation.

Though even after the patches I'd assume that the combat is probably still only okay and the story is probably still poorly told. Felt at the time like a lot of good characters were wasted (though apparently some of them at least got some time in DLC that I haven't played.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad