Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Finished Persona 5 - it shows 150 hours but around 40 of those is just leaving the game on while I do something else. Game was awesome though; some minor grips like pacing issues, too much fanfiction stuff, and a couple of other things but overall it's a 9/10 game - more like 9.3 or so. Glad I gave it a chance, and it opened me up to the JRPG genre more.

I want to get Dragon Quest 11 but it's not on sale on PSN, and I'd rather play this game on my PS4 than PC. Hopefully it goes on sale soon or else I'll just wait for KH3. I actually might just beat Ni No Kuni 2 on PC as I'm like 2/3 of the way done.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Apparently Resident Evil 2 has a 30 minute timed demo? Lol, wonder what they're trying to hide.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's total bush league for the game studio to not include a save point during the prologue mission of Nier: Automata.

Got to the Goliath boss and I died so I gotta restart the entire mission over.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Here is my predicament. I want to copy all my games onto two identical external hard drives so both my PS4s can access the same games without having to switch extended hard drives between the systems. But the PS4 doesn't allow you to duplicate game data, only transfer it between the internal and external hard drives. If the same game is detected between the PS4 and the external to demands you delete one before you will be able to use your external. I thought I could transfer everything onto one and copy it over using my PC but the PC doesn't read the external. Anyone have an possible solution that does not involve redownloading everything? I know I could just keep everything on one and physically tranfer the hard drive between the two playstations but that doesn't help if the kids are playing on one and I am on the other.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
So I have finished RDR2 and would like to move onto another game, both Spiderman and AC Odyssey is on sale, which one should I go for? I am thinking Spiderman to change up the pace but heard great things about Odyssey.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
So I have finished RDR2 and would like to move onto another game, both Spiderman and AC Odyssey is on sale, which one should I go for? I am thinking Spiderman to change up the pace but heard great things about Odyssey.
I couldn't really get into Odyssey. Spiderman however is an absolutely fantastic game and a must-play, IMO. Risking sounding like a cliche, it really lets you feel like Spiderman with the intuitive web swinging and combat.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Spiderman is good but a bit repetitive imo. I would go for AC, just cause they really built off of Origins and made things more diverse. The combat has a lot of varieties as well do to all the weapon types.

Overall you cannot really go wrong, but I would go AC first.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Spiderman is good but a bit repetitive imo. I would go for AC, just cause they really built off of Origins and made things more diverse. The combat has a lot of varieties as well do to all the weapon types.

Overall you cannot really go wrong, but I would go AC first.

I am not too privy to the AC series honestly, I mean I know the back story of the game and have read reviews and whatnot but honestly the only AC game I ever played besides the one I just picked up was Black Flag and I enjoyed it. I figure not playing Origins is going to make this game a fresh experience.

The only con is I just finished RDR2 and I absolutely loved the game and the story, so I am going to try and not compare it to a game that took like 8 years to make.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The only con is I just finished RDR2 and I absolutely loved the game and the story, so I am going to try and not compare it to a game that took like 8 years to make.

Yeah I'm playing through this right now and its definitely a better game than AC, but I personally I liked the combat in AC more so hopefully you find the pace of that refreshing after the cover and shoot system in RDR2.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I have plan to buy PS4, but with PS5 looming, should I put 100 euros more and buy PS 4 PRO ? How much diffirence in the games are between PS 4 and PRO (I don't have 4k TV) ? I am intersted in sport games and RPG's like Valkyra. :)

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
I have plan to buy PS4, but with PS5 looming, should I put 100 euros more and buy PS 4 PRO ? How much diffirence in the games are between PS 4 and PRO (I don't have 4k TV) ? I am intersted in sport games and RPG's like Valkyra. :)
Not worth it without a 4k TV. Especially for sport games and Valkyria which probably run about the same on the Pro as on the base ps4.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

At this point of the cycle, without owning a 4K TV I'd struggle to recommend the extra cost if those are the kinds of games you plan on playing.

Reactions: pukovnik

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I got into the open world of Nier and now I have no idea what I have to do now, lol. Besides the first level and the nonsense of that, I am beginning to understand why this game is so popular. Combat is mega fun, soundtrack is so memorable, and I feel that I just unlocked the surface. What I am so surprised at is how absurdly in-depth this game is, I thought it would've been just a hack and wack game, but the amount of RPG elements makes it a bit too detailed for my liking (currently).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Been playing Nier here and there and got to the Amusement Park section; first off absolutely love the aesthetics of the place and second off, holy **** that Ballerina Queen was tough to beat.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Just platinumed Valkyria Chronicles 4 last night (42nd platinum total).

On a sad note, my local EBGames closed down. Now the only place to buy games now is Walmart. The next closes place is an hour away.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Been playing Nier here and there and got to the Amusement Park section; first off absolutely love the aesthetics of the place and second off, holy **** that Ballerina Queen was tough to beat.

I have a huge backlog already but this game has intrigued me, is this one of those "Dark Souls types"? I don't mind a bit of a challenge but don't have the patience for that much of a challenge

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I have a huge backlog already but this game has intrigued me, is this one of those "Dark Souls types"? I don't mind a bit of a challenge but don't have the patience for that much of a challenge
Nah man, I returned Bloodborne because of the learning difficulty. NieR is an absolute perfect balance between challenging and actually beating bosses (you will USE health packs though), the gameplay is also super smooth and is so much fun to play. It's a very weird game though, I've never played anything like it - like it has a very Zelda-esque to it, but at the same time it doesn't - it's really hard to explain. Only downfall I have is they say it is an open world game, but there are so many invisible walls. It's a great game which could have been even better if they spent one more year developing the world*.

* = word of caution, I've only played like six hours of the game so perhaps the world gets better.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Difficulty is unfortunately the one thing the game doesn't get right. It's a Platinum character action game (i.e. Bayonetta) with a few RPG elements attached to it. The combat is technically good but it all starts to get too easy as you level up. I 100%'d the game twice and on my second playthrough I killed the last boss in 2 hits as soon as the fight started while the boss was still talking. Otherwise I still say it's the best game of 2017, and 2017 was maybe the best year of games ever, so...

I wish Platinum would remake the first Nier and Drakengard 1/3 since they're all related, but that's asking for too much, I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad