Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I'm actually starting to finally dip my toes into Tales of Zestiria.

Though I still need to finish up World of Final Fantasy, and have FFXV, FFXII, and the FFX/X-2 remaster on my backlog.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Picked up a few games during this holiday sale. God of War, lego marvel superheroes 1 and 2, Valkyrie Chronicles 4, Secret of Mana, Spyro remastered. Total it was suppose to cost about $300 but with the deals eye were offering and with a 20% off coupon for getting a new PlayStation 4 (disk drive crapped out) I ended up only playing about $140

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Widely considered the worst tales game. I've actually only played phantasia and that, but I can attest that it's terrible.

Hmm. I played symphonia on the Wii for a while, way back.
Berseria also looks interesting, but I still am not sure about the battle system for the ps4 tales games.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Did not realize Fist of the North Star was only on PS4, weird cause the other Yakuza games are on PC.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Did not realize Fist of the North Star was only on PS4, weird cause the other Yakuza games are on PC.
There is still only Yakuza 0 on Steam with Yakuza Kiwami coming out soon. PS4 has Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 6 and the Fist of the North Star game that kind of counts.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Okay, I got a delemma.

I received 2 PS4 controllers. But I charged them in a charging dock instead of plugging them in to the PS4. Now, I can't get the controllers to be recognized by the console. Is there a way to fix this?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Okay, I got a delemma.

I received 2 PS4 controllers. But I charged them in a charging dock instead of plugging them in to the PS4. Now, I can't get the controllers to be recognized by the console. Is there a way to fix this?
Plug it into the PS4 and press the ps button

Reactions: Nickmo82

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I found the problem. I apparently didn't plugged a Sony-compliant USB cable from the console to the controller. So I found one and now things work.

tenor.gif

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
We got the family a PS4 for Christmas this, finally back to gaming after my PS2 has been dead for a couple of years, and the WII has also been out of commission.

Games we got:
Me:
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 ReMix
Horizon Zero Dawn (on great recommendation from a friend)
Spiderman
Wife:
Stick it to the Man
Kids:
Just Dance 2019
Minecraft
Paw Patrol On a Roll
LEGO Incredibiles

I also need to ask with is the difference between PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus and are either of them worth it?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Playstation Now is the gaming streaming service, it is absolutely not worth it: the infrastructure simply isn't there yet. Maybe in a decade.

Playstation + is what you need to play online. It's a yearly subscription and you get free games every month.

My PS4 news is that I managed to find a buyer for my PS4 and all my games for 550$ CDN. The guy is getting an insane deal (they are getting 10 games, amongst them RDR2, GoW and Spider-Man) but I barely played the system this year outside of the big releases and there is absolutely NOTHING interesting for 2019. I also wouldn't mind getting more RAM for my PC.

I'll be back with Sony when the PS5 hits, I assume in about a year.

Reactions: Loosie

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
We got the family a PS4 for Christmas this, finally back to gaming after my PS2 has been dead for a couple of years, and the WII has also been out of commission.

Games we got:
Me:
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 ReMix
Horizon Zero Dawn (on great recommendation from a friend)
Spiderman
Wife:
Stick it to the Man
Kids:
Just Dance 2019
Minecraft
Paw Patrol On a Roll
LEGO Incredibiles

I also need to ask with is the difference between PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus and are either of them worth it?

PlayStation Plus is a subscription service that is required to play most multiplayer games. It also gets you a selection of free games every month that you can download and play, but you can only play them as long as you have the subscription active. There are a few gems in there, but for the most part I'd say it's not worth it unless you are also playing online.

PlayStation Now is the game streaming service, that lets you play a library of games as long as it is active (mostly PS3 games). I haven't played with it in a long time, but it suffered from latency issues in the past. If there's something you really want to play in the library, it might be worth a subscription...but for the most part I'd say no.

Reactions: Loosie

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks for the info guys. We ended up getting two PS Cameras, so we are having one exchanged for a year's membership to PS Plus.

I also put the Kingdom Hearts stuff on my wishlist before realizing there was a KH3 coming out, the timing couldn't be better! :) I did have KH1 for PS2 but never played beyond that.

As I said I had a friend recommend Horizon Zero Dawn as it had a really good story, and I've heard good things about Spider-Man. I think that's all I need for now as gaming time is a lot more limited then when I was playing PS1 and PS2 20+ years ago (gosh I'm old now :P )

So far I've played on an hour each of KH1 and HZD, nice nostalgia with KH and HZD seems fun so far, even if it really was just the pre-story missions/mild tutorial.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Spider-Man and God of War are the "big budget must plays" of 2018 on PS4.

RDR2 is no good for someone who doesn't have a lot of time haha.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I need to replace one of my thumb grips, worn down.

I was looking at some on Amazon but just wondering which replacement ones people would recommend?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I have to say this prepare to dine teaser might be the worst teaser in the history of teasers, to this day I doubt anybody knows Code Vein was the game it was teasing

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I also put the Kingdom Hearts stuff on my wishlist before realizing there was a KH3 coming out, the timing couldn't be better! :) I did have KH1 for PS2 but never played beyond that.

I recommend you play KH2 and KH Birth by Sleep. I haven't gotten into Dreem Drop Distance yet, but I need to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad