Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Lol that's how I felt when I got my ps4 last year. Thought i could just put the disc in and play like the old days.
You can play most games unpatched unless its online only experience, however some games like sports games only have the practice mode on the disc so you need the patch.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
So i just signed up for ps plus and it said i had a 14 day free trial but all i could do was pay for 1 month membership...lol

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I wish I had gotten a PS4 slim instead of a PS4 Pro. Shoulda saved the money. The extra processing power is wasted on me.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Is Sonic Mania Plus worth ~25 dollars? I have a 20% off coupon for Target and could snag it for that price after the discount, although I imagine if it's already 30 right now, it will be possible to buy it for 20-25 in a few months.

I've got quite a backlog built up- Wolfenstein, Celeste (just started), Spiderman, The Last of Us, and eventually Persona 5 (may not play it until the summer for time reasons), so I'm thinking that I might just be being antsy to blow more money for nostalgia's sake.

I'd consider Sonic Mania a must for anyone nostalgic about those Genesis Sonic games.

Sonic Mania is basically what I wished the fifth generation of consoles would have been - improving on the strengths of the 16-bit games with beefier hardware allowing sprite work to really shine.

Reactions: Pilky01

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'd consider Sonic Mania a must for anyone nostalgic about those Genesis Sonic games.

Sonic Mania is basically what I wished the fifth generation of consoles would have been - improving on the strengths of the 16-bit games with beefier hardware allowing sprite work to really shine.

Thanks - I think I can still get it via my coupon, but I noticed that the digital version is $20 anyways, so figured that I can always decide to purchase it later, when I have more time, or when the nostalgia becomes unbearable. I was never super into Sonic, I think for some reason I just didn't play Genesis too much. However, I distinctly remember playing one for Game Gear a lot when I was a kid.

I'm gravitating towards some 16-bit style games. It looks like the PS4 store is having a big sale on older stuff and so forth. I have a note to myself, I think later this weekend I'll grab Hollow Knight, Broforce (looks absurdly hilarious), and Super Meat Boy, and also maybe toss in Battlefield 1 just for kicks. All told it comes out to $20, and I should certainly stop my backlog there for a bit.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I wish I had gotten a PS4 slim instead of a PS4 Pro. Shoulda saved the money. The extra processing power is wasted on me.

I went with a slim when I bought my PS4 (September). I dont have a 4K TV so I wouldnt see the benefit there. Im currently playing God of War, and have had precisely one time where it briefly bogged down in a cutscene in about 25 hours of play. Like literally one framerate dip that lasted 1/2 second. The rest of the game has been smooth sailing.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I highly reccomend Dead Cells for pseudo ‘retro’ gameplay. A very immediately gratifying hack n slash sorta tbing.

I have it on Switch but imagine it can only be better on PS4 due to performance.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I played a bit of NieR just to see what it was about. I swear the game was an action game when I watched one highlight of it, but the game put me in some fear at that opening ten or so minutes of action. Lol. I loved whatever I played of it thus far, but I have to beat Last of Us before I can play the game, so been crunching in that game instead. Just got to the shoreline after leaving Pittsburgh.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Not sure where to put this, but it's technically Sony since they own crackle.

Apparently Crackle is merging with Bell Media in Canada and their content will no longer be free. Not the biggest loss since all their movies were run of the mill cable movies I saw a hundred times and the ads were a little too frequent, but still, I'll miss watching it when I dont have netflix.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
WTF is Crackle?
It is (was) a free Netflix/Hulu type app (Hulu doesn't exist outside the US) that had lots of older movies and tv shows from Sony. Not super old, like late 90s early 2000s. The quality was basic cable with lots of ads. It still exists in America you can look for yourself if you're in the US.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy **** enemies in The Last of Us are the definition of bullet sponges (thank God I got the El Diablo pistol). I am playing this game on normal and not sure how it is beatable on insane difficulty.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I found a combination of infuriated resentment and a youtube walkthrough to be very helpful on Grounded mode.

Reactions: S E P H

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I finally got around to playing Tetris Effect. (I got it a couple of days after launch, but I haven't had much free time.) The visuals are interesting, but they are pretty distracting. I'm pretty bad at it, but I like it so far.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Bought Persona because it was on sale. I don't really like turn based games and haven't really played any jrpgs because of that but so far this game is really good.

I'm a little worried I'm going to get overwhelmed though with all these things I have to remember

P5 is a great game, but I had to take several runs at it before I finished it. The massive stretches without any player freedom really bogged down the flow of the game to me.

Reactions: Leafs at Knight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad