Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Got NHL19 for $40. Haven’t played one in several years.

First impression is holy **** this production value is off the charts second impression is official Hockey Canada unis! Sweet!!

Probably wouldn’t have bought it if playing as the Leafs wasn’t such a fun prospect. :nod:

How do you like the gameplay? I’ve thought about buying 19 on sale but had such a terrible experience trying to play 17 that I’m afraid to.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
How do you like the gameplay? I’ve thought about buying 19 on sale but had such a terrible experience trying to play 17 that I’m afraid to.

I wouldn’t attempt to compare it to whatever your experience with 17 is. I will say that the gameplay doesn’t feel markedly different that last time I played which woulda been 14 or 15. It’s still all ‘skill stick’ stuff.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Grabbed a PS4 Spiderman bundle and having it shipped to the Target near me. Seemed to be pretty straightforward, though I'm still thinking it won't work somehow.

Planning to pick up Wolfenstein 2 for $15 at Target, and then hopefully MLB The Show for as cheap as possible. Is PES still better than FIFA? I haven't had a system for probably 10 years.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Picked up NHL19 and God of War. Other than that, not really that impressed with the Black Friday game prices I've seen from various retailers.

I'll probably pick up AC: Odessey before the sales end, and maybe something like Nier: Automata/Uncharted or something. Just to create a backlog for me. By the time I finish those, maybe Spiderman will be discounted a bit a few months down the line.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Just got Detroit, Shadow of the Colossus and The Last Guardian for £16 each. Hopefully there's a drop on Project Cars 2 somewhere later on in the week.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Don't think I'll get anything else besides Farcry 5, unless it's really cheap. Doesn't look like RDR2 or Spider-Man will be discounted

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Picked up NHL19 and God of War. Other than that, not really that impressed with the Black Friday game prices I've seen from various retailers.

I'll probably pick up AC: Odessey before the sales end, and maybe something like Nier: Automata/Uncharted or something. Just to create a backlog for me. By the time I finish those, maybe Spiderman will be discounted a bit a few months down the line.

Get Nier: Automata now. It’s one of the best and most underrated games right now.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Was really hoping there would be a PS 4 Pro sale but I guess I'm stuck biting the bullet.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man, there are some insane deals and if I disliked linking digital games to one account I would be all over that. But I am going to wait since on Black Friday in US, they're going to have God of War for 17 bucks and Nier for like 23 dollars.

One game I am not understanding is Assassin's Creed: Origins, the game is still originally 40 dollars and the cheapest it is going to be from what I've seen is 30 dollars. Kind of insane to still be that expensive.

Nizdizzle

Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Man, there are some insane deals and if I disliked linking digital games to one account I would be all over that. But I am going to wait since on Black Friday in US, they're going to have God of War for 17 bucks and Nier for like 23 dollars.

One game I am not understanding is Assassin's Creed: Origins, the game is still originally 40 dollars and the cheapest it is going to be from what I've seen is 30 dollars. Kind of insane to still be that expensive.
Pretty much the reason why I won't be getting it on sale this week. $20 savings isn't enough to justify losing the resale on it once I finish the game.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
While I just bought the PUBG pre-order I’m looking at the NHL 19 - ‘The Man Who Drove the Coyotes into the Ground’ Edition.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
EB Games has a deal where if you trade in your old PS4, you get a PS4 Pro 1TB + Spider-Man for $80

I saw this yesterday and have been thinking about doing it since. Can I really turn down upgrading from 500gb to 1tb, getting a brand new controller, and a game(which I may trade in and get NHL 19) and getting a brand new console when mine has 3 years of wear and tear all for $79?

Nizdizzle

Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Today's haul will be AC: Odyssey ($40 - Walmart) and Nier: Automata ($20 - EBGames) for me. Considered getting Detroit: Become Human, but I've watched it played too often (and know most of the story) on streams so not sure its worth $30 for me. Will wait to see if I can find a used copy in a few months for cheaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Today's haul will be AC: Odyssey ($40 - Walmart) and Nier: Automata ($20 - EBGames) for me. Considered getting Detroit: Become Human, but I've watched it played too often (and know most of the story) on streams so not sure its worth $30 for me. Will wait to see if I can find a used copy in a few months for cheaper.
Got God of War for 17 bucks, The Witcher complete edition for 20 bucks, and trying to get Nier for 20 bucks, but I can't buy it online yet or I might have to go to the store.

Thinking of Shadows of Colossus for 20 bucks and Spyro, but I might wait on those.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Im done with my holiday spending I think

Far Cry 5 $30
God of War $30
Assassins Creed Odyssey $40

Im pretty happy with that, and they'll keep me busy for a while
3 amazing games!

I just finished Odyssey. It is super long, especially if you are into exploring and doing side missions. I believe I read that there are over 300.

Hard to go wrong with any of those 3 games. I’ve played them all and they are all among my favorites.

Have you played Horizon zero dawn for PS4 yet? I’d not, that needs to go on your list too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->