Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I thought that attachment was a joke the first time I saw it.

Two paddles? No trigger customization? No analog stick sensitivity customization? Come on Sony.

Its hilarious they’d rather just cheap out and provide this half-step than just deliver the elite controller so many PS4 owners have wanted for years.
I think it's an extremely reasonable pricepoint for digital paddles, it's not being marketed as pro controller level upgrade, it's just called "back button attachment". Big difference maker for people like me that don't like the claw or pressing r3 to sprint but don't care about that other stuff you mentioned enough to spend 230 Canadian on a controller.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Man I don't know who said DQ11 was easy. They must have grinded like crazy because I've gotten crushed by the Griffin, scorpion and coral bosses. It's really challenging.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm blown away by how varied the character models in DQ11 are. Outside of those weird masked bodybuilders, (who even they have some slight variation) almost every NPC is handmade.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Man DQ 11 is Loong. The "post game" people talk about is a completely fleshed out and fully voice acted part of the main game. Including it it's probably a 75-80 hour game.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I thought that attachment was a joke the first time I saw it.

Two paddles? No trigger customization? No analog stick sensitivity customization? Come on Sony.

Its hilarious they’d rather just cheap out and provide this half-step than just deliver the elite controller so many PS4 owners have wanted for years.

Get a Scuf controller then.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
This is a fairly obvious question that google seems pretty decisive about, but I figured I'd ask it here because someone likely has experience with it. If I own a digital version of a game and have a save file there, will the save file also work if I buy a physical copy of the game? Or would I have to create new save files if I wanted to play from a disc?

The reason I ask is because evidently Gamestop has a kind of 4 for 20 used games sale now, and I might go scope it out, likely to pick up games I don't have, but may also throw in Persona 5 since I only own the digital version.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This is a fairly obvious question that google seems pretty decisive about, but I figured I'd ask it here because someone likely has experience with it. If I own a digital version of a game and have a save file there, will the save file also work if I buy a physical copy of the game? Or would I have to create new save files if I wanted to play from a disc?

The reason I ask is because evidently Gamestop has a kind of 4 for 20 used games sale now, and I might go scope it out, likely to pick up games I don't have, but may also throw in Persona 5 since I only own the digital version.
A digital and physical copy of a game is considered 2 different games. Probably need to copy the save over, might need a thumb drive.

Reactions: DJ Spinoza

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

No. Personal experience.

Reactions: DJ Spinoza

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Does anybody else struggle to find the ff7 demo on the store? The same thing has happened to me before with betas and demos. I actually have to go into the PlayStation store from a browser and Google search for the demo for it to download.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Does anybody else struggle to find the ff7 demo on the store? The same thing has happened to me before with betas and demos. I actually have to go into the PlayStation store from a browser and Google search for the demo for it to download.

Yes, searching in the store from the Playstation itself has always been bad for demos and betas

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
FF7 demo was fine, though. Was the first thing that came up in the "demo" section.

Also tends to just be a English store problem. The Japanese store does a better job of listing them.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Goodness I was wondering why the spiderman game of the year edition didn't show I owned any of the dlc. It's in the box as a code. Such bs.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
After rumors of a proprietary or non-removeable SSD on the PlayStation, the Xbox has officially gone that direction, will need to buy memory cards for expanded storage

Will not be surprised to see PS5 go in this same direction.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Forced to get home after a year and a half of traveling & I'll be staying in the house at least the first 2 months... What games should I catch up on from the past 2 years or so? Planning on getting Battlefield and Red Dead 2 to start

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Forced to get home after a year and a half of traveling & I'll be staying in the house at least the first 2 months... What games should I catch up on from the past 2 years or so? Planning on getting Battlefield and Red Dead 2 to start

God of War and Spiderbro.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
pnef20d1fgn41.png

Inside PlayStation 5: the specs and the tech that deliver Sony's next-gen vision

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad