Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Have you not played anything since the n64 or is that the last one you owned? If you missed out on series like Uncharted, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro, those are some of the remastered series that you can get for incredible value.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Have you not played anything since the n64 or is that the last one you owned? If you missed out on series like Uncharted, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro, those are some of the remastered series that you can get for incredible value.
Only PC games, and 2-3 games for the switch. The Uncharted series is on my list for things to play start to finish definitely.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'm patiently waiting to see what kind of sales come out for games for Black Friday. I just bought the PS4 (first console since N64) and I'm looking to grab:

Nier Automata
God of War
Spiderman
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us: Remastered
Final Fantasy XV

Pretty much in that order. Any must-haves I have missed?

Bloodborne, Nioh, Yakuza.

Reactions: Nickmo82

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Ohh I definitely second Nioh. I had a lot of fun with that one. Dark Souls type vibe, but I liked the combat better.

Reactions: Nickmo82

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
PlayStation’s Black Friday Week 2018 Deals Revealed
A new Marvel’s Spider-Man Standard Edition [1TB] PS4 Bundle for $199.99 USD (MSRP) / $259.99 CAN

DualShock 4 wireless controllers available for $39.99 USD (MSRP) / $49.99 CAN (MSRP) at participating retailers.

PlayStation VR systems available for $199.99 USD (MSRP) / $249.99 CAN (MSRP) at participating retailers

PlayStation Plus is offering discounts on their 12-month subscription, while special deals on popular game titles, will be offered at PlayStation Store this November 16-27, 2018. PlayStation Plus subscribers can also purchase the most recent addition to the Call of Duty franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, for a great price starting today.

Black Friday offers will be available at participating retailers starting November 16 in the U.S., and November 22 in Canada

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I'm patiently waiting to see what kind of sales come out for games for Black Friday. I just bought the PS4 (first console since N64) and I'm looking to grab:

Nier Automata
God of War
Spiderman
Uncharted 4
Final Fantasy XV

As a big Final Fantasy fan I can comfortably say that this game is not a must have.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Really? That's disappointing. Is it worth picking up for $15? I played the demo on PC, but it gave my PC fits.

Yeah, for that price I'd say it's worth getting. It's very pretty and features a large open world, but the story is poor (I can barely recall what it was about truth be told) and the combat system was blah (magic was pretty much only included as an after-thought, despite being a massive part of every FF game I ever played, and summons, while impressive, happened to me - you have far less control over them than in games past - about 5 times in my entire playthrough). It just didn't have that FF "feel" for me.

I'm told that the Royal Edition, with all the DLC story and what not included, makes the game much better... but I didn't get it and spending more of my money on FFXV is not in my future.

$15 though? Go for it.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man, that's a weak Black Friday from Sony.

My bro got me Final Fantasy XII for Christmas and even though I haven't touched it too much since I got other games to play, that's the FF game I would recommend. It's voted as one of the best via critics and fans @Nizdizzle

E: They remade a version for the PS4 because I believe it was originally a PS3 game.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Final Fantasy XII is a PS2 game. 15 bucks for the newest one is good, I'll echo the other poster that said the story is poor and the combat is meh. Magic and summons are almost nonexistent.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel

Nier Automata
God of War
Spiderman
Uncharted 4
Final Fantasy XV

- God of War is $29.99 right now at Wal-mart
- Spider-Man I think is on clearance at Costco for 49.99 right now, but I think most copies are sold. I'm not sure if it'll be discounted for Black Friday, but even if it isn't, you should be able to get one from Kijiji or something once the Slim PS4 with Spider-Man sale goes live

I just completed Spider-Man a week and half ago and it is a must play if you are a Spidey fan (even if you're not it's a must play tbh). You can really see the love the developers put into it.

The Last of Us is a generational game. Play it as soon as you can. Uncharted 4 is fantastic as well.

Also, if you don't mind interactive games, check out Until Dawn and Detroit. I haven't played Detroit, but Until Dawn was fun. Only played it once, but it was a very intriguing and unique game.

What type of games do you like and since you stated the PS4 is your first console in a long time, I'm wondering if you've played a lot of multiplats on your PC?

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
- Spider-Man I think is on clearance at Costco for 49.99 right now, but I think most copies are sold. I'm not sure if it'll be discounted for Black Friday, but even if it isn't, you should be able to get one from Kijiji or something once the Slim PS4 with Spider-Man sale goes live

I just completed Spider-Man a week and half ago and it is a must play if you are a Spidey fan (even if you're not it's a must play tbh). You can really see the love the developers put into it.

The Last of Us is a generational game. Play it as soon as you can. Uncharted 4 is fantastic as well.

Also, if you don't mind interactive games, check out Until Dawn and Detroit. I haven't played Detroit, but Until Dawn was fun. Only played it once, but it was a very intriguing and unique game.

What type of games do you like and since you stated the PS4 is your first console in a long time, I'm wondering if you've played a lot of multiplats on your PC?
Big fan of RPGs, most multiplatforms I've probably played (Witcher Franchise, Dragon Ages, Mass Effect, Fallout...etc). My plan was to swing by both Costco and Walmart for both deals you mentioned. Don't imagine they'll be cheaper than that during black friday, although I don't imagine Costco will have any copies left at $50 at this point.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
PlayStation pulling out of E3 for 2019. Speculation is due to a PS4 reveal for 2020.

Many writers are thinking this is the beginning of the end for E3.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Big fan of RPGs, most multiplatforms I've probably played (Witcher Franchise, Dragon Ages, Mass Effect, Fallout...etc). My plan was to swing by both Costco and Walmart for both deals you mentioned. Don't imagine they'll be cheaper than that during black friday, although I don't imagine Costco will have any copies left at $50 at this point.

I think most would recommend Bloodborne and Persona 5 as great exclusive RPGs. I own both, but haven't played either lol. Persona 5 is definitely a game that looks really unique though. I don't really get it, but the social aspect of it looks really cool. It has gotten unreal praise from both critics and regular gamers. Keep an eye out for Sony's digital sales. You might get a good deal on it.

Check out The Last Guardian and especially, Shadow of the Colossus as well.

I know you said you don't like horror games, but Until Dawn is worth checking out. It's not nearly as frightening as Alien Isolation, fwiw. It's more like a slasher movie. And like I said in my previous post, if you have any interest in an interactive type game, check out Detroit's gameplay. Heavy Rain too.

Costco probably won't have copies of Spider-Man, but you should be able to score a good deal locally, if you don't mind going that route.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If you've ever seen a movie before you can ignore anything David Cage has ever done, tbh.

Tangentially, looks like there's going to be some good deals on PSVR out there... I'm still not going to get one, but it seems like now would be "the time" after Tetris Effect and Astro Bot.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Nah, it's a good game that I am still in the process of beating (delayed it due to Destiny 2 and RDRII), but not even close of being a generational game. That's reserved for Horizon: Zero Dawn which is more of a freedom game with a fantastic world and amazing storyline. The Last of Us has terrible controls, suffers same problems of Rockstar games in very strict movement controls, has the same rehashed action sequences, and anything else along these lines. It's still amazing if you love that "movie" sort of game and is a must buy for the Playstation console, but not sure I would want to get the second one until I know they improve these problems I have with it.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I have wanted to play Batman return to Arkham for a few years, just got it on PS Store for $7. Incredible value for two full length games.

Last of Us is $5 on there since you guys are talking about it.

Last edited:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Nah, it's a good game that I am still in the process of beating (delayed it due to Destiny 2 and RDRII), but not even close of being a generational game. That's reserved for Horizon: Zero Dawn which is more of a freedom game with a fantastic world and amazing storyline. The Last of Us has terrible controls, suffers same problems of Rockstar games in very strict movement controls, has the same rehashed action sequences, and anything else along these lines. It's still amazing if you love that "movie" sort of game and is a must buy for the Playstation console, but not sure I would want to get the second one until I know they improve these problems I have with it.

I disagree. Like @Big McLargehuge said, I don't think it's fair to compare a game originally released on 2013 PS3 release to a 2017 PS4 release. At the time, The Last of Us, was one of the absolute best gaming experiences I ever had.

I disagree with it having terrible controls (what bothered you about it?) and I don't remember the game having "strict" movement controls or character movement (though it's been a long time since I've played it), although I guess I'm lenient in that regard since I didn't have a problem with GTA 5 either. Now, RDR1, on the other hand...

The story was obviously extremely well written, but even the gameplay was just amazing to me.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Some really good deals on the PS Store right now as part of their Black Friday sale.

All prices in Canadian Dollars:

- God of War is 27.49
- Detroit is 27.49
- Persona 5 is 26.79
- Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is 22.49
- And like @Belieber mentioned, TLOU Remastered and Batman Return to Arkham, are 5.99 and 7.49 respectively

12 month PS Plus membership is 49.99 as well. Definitely will cop that. Was waiting for a good deal on that.

Remember, no tax on the PS Store.

Link to the sale: Black Friday Sale

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Got NHL19 for $40. Haven’t played one in several years.

First impression is holy shit this production value is off the charts second impression is official Hockey Canada unis! Sweet!!

Probably wouldn’t have bought it if playing as the Leafs wasn’t such a fun prospect. :nod:

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->