Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Better off saving that $200 and putting it towards a PS5 since backwards compatibility is essentially guaranteed.

Why pay $200 when you can pay $700?

09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Why pay $200 when you can pay $700?

09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

I mean the base PS4 (which is what this bundle is) is starting to struggle with games and I don't expect that to get any better. The PS5 will allow people to play the PS4 games they missed out on. Seems like a much better deal for any enthusiast who may have $200 to spare/saved up: just way a year and save up more.

If the goal is to be as cheap as possible, then yeah, sure.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The PS4 has all their 1st party titles going for 20-30 bucks (and sometimes 10 bucks with Bloodborne and ratchet and Clank), and plenty of libraries have their games in stock. The dollar savings will not even be close when the ps5 is out

Edit: true about backwards compatibility forgot about that,, if it's all day one then that's a decision,

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I mean the base PS4 (which is what this bundle is) is starting to struggle with games and I don't expect that to get any better. The PS5 will allow people to play the PS4 games they missed out on. Seems like a much better deal for any enthusiast who may have $200 to spare/saved up: just way a year and save up more.

If the goal is to be as cheap as possible, then yeah, sure.

Yea, the half-step consoles this generation do make it kinda weird to get in "late", I guess. Tough the first party stuff will probably still run fine on a base PS4... or I would at least hope so.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Reactions: bambamcam4ever

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I was thinking of getting persona dancing in the moonlight cause I kind of like rhythm games, played the demo, holy smokes it's ridiculously hard.

Last edited:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Not sure where this belongs and the small, non-hypocritical part of me winces at plugging Amazon, but I just noticed some decent deals are seemingly being matched by Amazon right now. Nothing show-stopping, but I just picked up Nioh for $10, Yakuza Kiwami 2 Steelbook for $15, and noticed a few others, notably God for War for $10 and Catherine: Full Body for $30. I think RE2 is around $25.

Edit: In part, this seems to be the case because the various retailers are already honoring some or all of their deals. I saw something that the Walmart bundles are already live, and Best Buy has a bunch of deals live.

I just picked up NieR Automata for $20. Going to have to go to a Best Buy to physically pick it up, but that's not a problem for me since I'm visiting the family. The ones in Philadelphia are hard for me to access without a car.

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
There hasn't been jack for physical sales in Canada yet and if Amazon ever decides to discount anything here they'll probably hide it behind prime anyways.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Its funny, Starlink is $10 at Best buy and is regularly, but I always hesitate because it comes with toys. It actually subtracts from getting the game for me. I might pick it up anyways tomorrow, I reserved it, I'll see how I feel.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Man Lady Butterfly is so hard for me I barely beat her with 8 healing potions pretty decent way through the game. Can't believe she's basically the first boss in the game.
There hasn't been jack for physical sales in Canada yet and if Amazon ever decides to discount anything here they'll probably hide it behind prime anyways.
Yeah, I think God of war was $10 bucks at best Buy, but you can guess how long it stayed in stock. Other than that, nothing. Picked it up for $20 bucks few weeks ago, fine price.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I recently put my PS4 in rest mode for the first time. Since I did, the default option when you go to Power is to enter rest mode, and I can't change it back to power off. Is there a way to do this?

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Some decent black friday sales on the PS store. Picked up God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Fifa 20, and Far Cry 5 for 84 bucks total.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
My goal is to get God of War, Spiderman, Days Gone, and the Uncharted collection this week and then be done with buying games for a long while. Meaning when the PS5 drops.

Also Titanfall 2 is the main PS Plus game this month, I have never played it but have always thought about it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Its late but all PS greatest hits games are 9.99 canadian at best buy. I just hate the boxes though (and have already played most of them on loan) so I never bought them.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am really debating on the PS4 Gold Headset. For majority of time I don't really need it, but there are some days I tend to play late that they would be perfect to have.

99 bucks seems like a lot normally, but they're on sale for around 70ish which seems good. However, it seems that there is a common complaint that the headset is cheaply made based upon the reviews, mates what do you have to say about it?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I am really debating on the PS4 Gold Headset. For majority of time I don't really need it, but there are some days I tend to play late that they would be perfect to have.

99 bucks seems like a lot normally, but they're on sale for around 70ish which seems good. However, it seems that there is a common complaint that the headset is cheaply made based upon the reviews, mates what do you have to say about it?

I had the last gen one. The headband snapped (the main complaint with this set) after about three years so not horrible I guess. Sound was OK...bass was a little boomy but decent enough. On screen battery level was nice. They were comfy for sure.

I got it for about $70 CDN. It was a pretty good set for the price. Still use it (with the headset taped up) as my backup set. I use a TB Stealth 600 now.

Forgotusername

May 17, 2016
Do you guys think it's worth it to upgrade to PS4 pro. EB games has it for a rade in for $179. I have a gift that will bring it down for me to around $50. Just don't know if I should pull the trigger.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Do you guys think it's worth it to upgrade to PS4 pro. EB games has it for a rade in for $179. I have a gift that will bring it down for me to around $50. Just don't know if I should pull the trigger.

My recommendation is just keep saving and get a PS5, they are coming next year and will be backwards compatible. The jump in power from the Pro to the PS5 should be considerable.

Simply upgrading from a base to a Pro now doesn't make much sense since the Pro is already struggling with games (less so than the base models of course).

Reactions: Forgotusername

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad