Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I'm looking into getting a PS4 Pro and RDR2. The current bundle is PS4 Pro + RDR2 for $499.99 CDN. Essentially getting game for free with the console. Does it make sense to wait for black friday sales to buy, will the deals be noticeably better to buy the console then?

Reactions: CPTN71

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I do believe there was a black Friday ps4 sale last year, can't remember for the pro though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I do believe there was a black Friday ps4 sale last year, can't remember for the pro though.
The pro was like only 50 bucks off last Black Friday and that did not include any game bundles from my recollection. It was the PS4 pro and either 50 bucks off or 50 bucks towards Sony store/Ps4 Live service.

Not sure if the RDR: II bundle will be discounted since the game just came out, those are always tricky to make a guess on.

Nizdizzle

Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
The pro was like only 50 bucks off last Black Friday and that did not include any game bundles from my recollection. It was the PS4 pro and either 50 bucks off or 50 bucks towards Sony store/Ps4 Live service.

Not sure if the RDR: II bundle will be discounted since the game just came out, those are always tricky to make a guess on.
I caved. I managed to last about 1 day. My PS4 Pro RDR2 bundle arrives Thursday. :laugh:

Waiting a month for maybe a $50-100 savings isn't worth it to me.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I caved. I managed to last about 1 day. My PS4 Pro RDR2 bundle arrives Thursday. :laugh:

Waiting a month for maybe a $50-100 savings isn't worth it to me.
In Canada there's no way it would be $100 off, $50 tops.

Also Yakuza Kawami is a ps+ game this month so I guess I'll be playing a Yakuza,, although I think my ps+ expires soon and I probably won't be renewing it at least for now.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I'm hoping Spyro is on sale on PS Store on Black Friday but sadly its being released on the 13th so might be too soon.

I traded in some games and picked up $125 worth of PS Store cards so I'm ready for bargain hunting on there.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm so far out of the loop, just looking for a basis to make some decisions on. It seems likely that the best PS4 deals will be the Slim + game for 199? I can't recall last year, but I think the bundles were actually 250 except on Black Friday itself. I remember there being a 500gb + Uncharted bundle on Amazon for 250 or maybe even 225 or something like that, and foolishly assuming that the console price would stay low.

The other question I have is whether there's a reason to get Pro instead of Slim if I'm going to just be super casual? I'll probably pick up baseball and soccer games, Wolfenstein, and RDR2.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I'm so far out of the loop, just looking for a basis to make some decisions on. It seems likely that the best PS4 deals will be the Slim + game for 199? I can't recall last year, but I think the bundles were actually 250 except on Black Friday itself. I remember there being a 500gb + Uncharted bundle on Amazon for 250 or maybe even 225 or something like that, and foolishly assuming that the console price would stay low.

The other question I have is whether there's a reason to get Pro instead of Slim if I'm going to just be super casual? I'll probably pick up baseball and soccer games, Wolfenstein, and RDR2.

I went from regular PS4 when I lived in Japan to Pro when I moved back to the UK and there isn't a massive difference really. You need a 4K TV to get the benefit and even then, it's not life changing.

Reactions: DJ Spinoza

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Path of Exile coming to PS4 finally in Dec.. Any diablo fans will love it. FTP.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Path of Exile coming to PS4 finally in Dec.. Any diablo fans will love it. FTP.
I started it on PC and just couldn't get into it for some reason. I'll probably try it again on PS4. I love Diablo. I just couldn't bring myself to put any time into Path of Exile at all.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Some hyperbolic praise going around out there for Astro Bot, if anybody's looking for something for PSVR.

Nizdizzle

Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I'm patiently waiting to see what kind of sales come out for games for Black Friday. I just bought the PS4 (first console since N64) and I'm looking to grab:

Nier Automata
God of War
Spiderman
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us: Remastered
Final Fantasy XV

Pretty much in that order. Any must-haves I have missed?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'm patiently waiting to see what kind of sales come out for games for Black Friday. I just bought the PS4 (first console since N64) and I'm looking to grab:

Nier Automata
God of War
Spiderman
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us: Remastered
Final Fantasy XV

Pretty much in that order. Any must-haves I have missed?

Persona mother****in' 5 :nod:

Reactions: Nizdizzle

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I see such great reviews for this game, but when I look into it - it doesn't really grab me. I hope it goes on a decent sale, and I can snag it.
I was the same way. I bought it, watched the opening intro, closed the game for like a month, tried it again, made it like 10 minutes, closed the game again and deleted it off my harddrive. It really wasn't for me, but I know a lot of people love it. I would give you my copy if that was possible :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I see such great reviews for this game, but when I look into it - it doesn't really grab me. I hope it goes on a decent sale, and I can snag it.

The good news is that it's on sale rather frequently and the release of the dancing spin-offs should guarantee a pretty steep discount within the month. $20 should be easily doable around Black Friday.

It's definitely not for everyone, but it's absolutely my favorite game of the generation so far. Figured it was worth a try with FFXV on your list (a good and solid game that I'd have completely forgotten about by now if not for the Final Fantasy name).

Nizdizzle

Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
The good news is that it's on sale rather frequently and the release of the dancing spin-offs should guarantee a pretty steep discount within the month. $20 should be easily doable around Black Friday.

It's definitely not for everyone, but it's absolutely my favorite game of the generation so far. Figured it was worth a try with FFXV on your list (a good and solid game that I'd have completely forgotten about by now if not for the Final Fantasy name).
I'll definitely be trying it at some point. I tend to get things in my head that I won't like something, and then am completely floored with how much I enjoy it once I give it a chance. Hopefully thats the case with P5.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Though I like that style and I haven't played God of War yet, Persona 5 is the best Playstation game for the system. Horizon: Zero Dawn is a fantastic #2 for me.

I would put Until Dawn on your list as well and you can buy it nowadays for like 20 bucks maximum.

Last edited:

Nizdizzle

Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Though I like that style and I haven't played God of War yet, Persona 5 is the best Playstation game for the system.

I would put Until Dawn on your list as well and you can buy it nowadays for like 20 bucks maximum.
I don't think I could handle playing a horror game. I bought Alien: Isolation and couldn't even play past the 10 minute mark. I never even saw the alien, I just was like "nope, I'm out".

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't think I could handle playing a horror game. I bought Alien: Isolation and couldn't even play past the 10 minute mark. I never even saw the alien, I just was like "nope, I'm out".
I hear from peeps that Bloodborne is legitimately fantastic after a learning curve. I didn't have time nor the desire for developing a learning curve so I traded the game in, but it terms of aesthetics, the game is unbelievable. I'd watch some playthroughs of the two (P5 and Bloodborne) to see if you want it.

Another option you can do to build up your collection is buy some of the modern Assassin Creed games or get the Bioshock bundle. Not sure how many games you've played in your history, but Bioshock I is one of the best games of all-time for me and you get the rest of the series (if you like those).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad