Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Is AC:Origins more of an action or stealth game?

My only experience with AC games is Syndicate, and I really disliked it. But the setting of Origins and Odyssey are right up my alley. I tend to like action games with light stealth elements as opposed to full on stealth mandatory.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Hey everyone, I'm not really much of a gamer but I enjoyed the heck out of Witcher 3 + DLCs.

I'm going to buy a PS4 Pro + RDR2 Bundle and am looking for some single-player or split-screen games - other than Horizon: Zero Dawn, FIFA19, and that upcoming Samurai game, are there any others you'd recommend for the PS4? I don't want predominantly multiplayer online games tbh.

Aside from Witcher 3 Ive spent the most time in the past couple years in Fallout 4 and Borderlands 2. People say BL2 is a multiplayer online game, but Ive put probably 300 hours into it in single player. I love it so much. You dont have to played any other Fallout or any other Borderlands to get enjoyment out of either of those.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I repurchased Witcher 3 to do a play through and play through the DLCs which I never did the first time.

I wish I didn’t have to start from scratch it feels like such a daunting task and I just don’t do replays all that much. Just knowing the hours I have to sink in has prevented me from starting the game for a month now. It’s one of my faves of all time but I just don’t want to commit right now. :laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I repurchased Witcher 3 to do a play through and play through the DLCs which I never did the first time.

I wish I didn’t have to start from scratch it feels like such a daunting task and I just don’t do replays all that much. Just knowing the hours I have to sink in has prevented me from starting the game for a month now. It’s one of my faves of all time but I just don’t want to commit right now. :laugh:

You can start the DLCs without beginning a whole new game. It "simulates" a playthrough of the main game IIRC

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

The first bit of Witcher is brutal but it gets much easier going and fun if you pass the early parts of Velen.

Nauzhror

Apr 4, 2014
I'm shocked I haven't seen a single recommendation for Divinity: Original Sin II Enhanced Edition, or its predecessor. Both truly fantastic games, thread seems to have a lot of JRPG's being recommended, but not so much for the isometric RPG's made in the west.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I put like 100+ hours into MGSV and most of it was just doing the open world stuff. While it has cinematic stuff, it has no where near as many hours of cinematics as MGS4. MGSV just at least in terms of going around the world it gives you and the gameplay, there is nothing better in the genre. So ****ing good.
There may not be better gameplay in any game out there. My only complaint is the level design suffered from making MGS open-world.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Man, I'd love a really good stealth action game. I feel like MGS would be good but it's too "cinematic" from what I understand.

I'd like Uncharted if it was... smarter and challenged the user more. Ass Creed too. They're soooooo poorly written, it's obnoxious.
Is Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun on PS4? Worth checking to see if that fits.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Looks neat, I'd probably try it on a PC/Mac if I wanted to. Strategy games on console, yuck.
b31c4ced285e73f40c884d009c5a7da6.png

Reactions: WhiskeySeven*

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Looking at Odyssey is getting me hyped, but I don't wanna drop $80 on it.

Any recommendations for which previous PS4 AC is the best one? Hopefully one of them goes on sale soon.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Earlier this morning a video was leaked about an open world Harry Potter RPG game being made by Avalanche Software. Warner Bros. was able to have it removed in a few hours though.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Avalanche is making Rage and Just Cause 4. Some other rumors it's monolith, another WB developer.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Any recommendations for which previous PS4 AC is the best one? Hopefully one of them goes on sale soon.

Origins should probably get a pretty good price drop (or at least sale) between now and Christmas. It reviewed fairly well, but unfortunately for me (im in the same boat as you) all the reviews for Odyssey say it took Origins formula and did everything better

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I always by AC games a year or so after release. Playing Origins right now and it is amazing! Would highly recommend and it is the closest in terms of style to Odyssey. I also loved Black Flag and I'm assuming it can be picked up for dirst cheap at this point. I believe it came out in 2014 or somewhere around there.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Assassin's Creed 3 was such a disappointment for me it turned me off the series for good (well, until now anyway).

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Anyone still playing Monster Hunter World regularly?

Started playing it this past month, only like HR13 still. Started out with Insect Glaive but starting to find a liking for the Hunting Horn now.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Am I the only one that gets depressed playing Kingdom Hearts? Its honestly one of the few games that just fill me with dread playing through it I dont know. The atmosphere feels super bleak despite all the disney characters. I did like Chain of Memories a lot (the GBA one), has a great twist. Even moreso if you haven't played the other games.

Also, I see how Just Cause 4 is coming out so soon. It looks exactly like Just Cause 3. Hopefully with better performance. Ran awful on PS4.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Wondering if anyone can help me out here.

All of a sudden I have this weird... Idk if I should even call it input lag. Any controller i connect to the Ps4 is just bugging out and either having VERY delayed inputs or it’s automatically going left or right with the joystick.

I can’t really find anything that helps online. I’ve tried resetting the controller, hard resetting the PS4, all that stuff, and nothing will work.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Mostl like your Bluetooth connection is just getting blocked of there's something in the way. The ds4 has a really weak connection

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So it looks like name changes are finally coming. If I read right, first one is free, then they charge you for any additional times you want to do it

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
And apparently, not every game will be able to take in the name changes? Something like that?

"This feature is compatible with PS4 games originally published after April 1, 2018, and a large majority of the most-played PS4 games that were released before this date. However, please note not all games and applications for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems are guaranteed to support the online ID change, and users may occasionally encounter issues or errors in certain games. If for any reason you experience issues after changing your ID, you can revert back to your original ID for free at any time (you will only be able to revert once during the preview program). Reverting back to an old ID will resolve most issues caused by the ID change. In addition, when this feature officially launches, a list of compatible games published before April 1, 2018, will be provided on PlayStation.com for reference before you make a change."

PSN Online ID Change Feature Entering PlayStation Preview Program Soon

Great that PS+ users get a discount though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->