Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I wasn't saying anything about the PS fanbase or people moving from it. I was saying people who buy the Xbox One X will most likely buy multiplat games on that instead of the Playstation. AKA non fanboys but console gamers who buy the new Xbox. So its a good thing Sony is talking about making a PS5 to compete.

I think people here are being too sensitive about it. Its competition. That's good for the industry.

Maybe multiplats that are like single player only or a heavy focus (witcher 3/ games like that). Games like cod. What's the point? Plus the playerbase for PS4 will always be bigger then the one.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah that Minecraft 4k going to bring in a lot of new Xbox consoles
I'm excited about it. I have no shame in admitting I am a Minecraft nerd.

Maybe multiplats that are like single player only or a heavy focus (witcher 3/ games like that). Games like cod. What's the point? Plus the playerbase for PS4 will always be bigger then the one.
Not sure what single player has to do with it. I can get into multiplayer games just as easily on my XO as I do on my PS4 and PC. Maybe if I lived in Japan and was a multiplayer junkie it might make sense but there's millions of players on all platforms. Not hard to find games.

Heck, I still play the original Titanfall. Has an amazing player-base and I never have trouble finding a game. Same with all the Halo's. Sorry that argument doesn't make much sense to me.

All the friends I play with (like me) don't fanboy and we have all the latest consoles, even some older ones. I still link up my old GBA now and then with the cable and play some games with friends.

Sorry, I don't let sales numbers determine what I purchase. I purchase what I like and I am a gamer. So I purchase what games I like, on all platforms and there are always players for multiplayer games that I play and all the systems I play on.

:yo:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I'm excited about it. I have no shame in admitting I am a Minecraft nerd.

Not sure what single player has to do with it. I can get into multiplayer games just as easily on my XO as I do on my PS4 and PC. Maybe if I lived in Japan and was a multiplayer junkie it might make sense but there's millions of players on all platforms. Not hard to find games.

Heck, I still play the original Titanfall. Has an amazing player-base and I never have trouble finding a game. Same with all the Halo's. Sorry that argument doesn't make much sense to me.

All the friends I play with (like me) don't fanboy and we have all the latest consoles, even some older ones. I still link up my old GBA now and then with the cable and play some games with friends.

Sorry, I don't let sales numbers determine what I purchase. I purchase what I like and I am a gamer. So I purchase what games I like, on all platforms and there are always players for multiplayer games that I play and all the systems I play on.

I don't either. But people do. I don't see a point in cod. You will be to busy looking for people then looking at the graphics. And I'm talking about multiplayer games in general not just cod

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I don't either. But people do. I don't see a point in cod. You will be to busy looking for people then looking at the graphics. And I'm talking about multiplayer games in general not just cod

That's kind of my point though. I have never been 'too busy looking for people' in any relevant multiplayer game. Even non-relevant ones like the original Titanfall its still easy to find a game. I am not a graphics junkie but I have a 4K TV. If I have the option to play the best looking / performing multiplat game I will get it on that system. There are and will be plenty of players on all current consoles. Even COD games.

P.S. I don't play COD that much. Usually when the first come out, then I get bored after a couple months. I have to say WWII looks amazing though.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Ugh. So much crap anime posted in this forum. Only a few ppl here are actually into it.

Go post that stuff in a Japanese anime forum with all the other weirdos.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Ugh. So much crap anime posted in this forum. Only a few ppl here are actually into it.

Go post that stuff in a Japanese anime forum with all the other weirdos.

If you don't like Japanese video games get an xbox. Sorry dude but if you're in a PlayStation thread odds are a jrpg or two is gonna come up. Learn to deal with.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Man I can't wait for Gundam Versus :yo:

Got a PS3 imported one but mine doesn't read discs anymore.

tumblr_msucf6SHxP1qkcwzfo1_500.gif

:sarcasm:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
If you don't like Japanese video games get an xbox. Sorry dude but if you're in a PlayStation thread odds are a jrpg or two is gonna come up. Learn to deal with.

Yeah and the fact there are like 0 games this year. Just expect those to be mentioned

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm thinking of getting a PS4 in the distant future, but I've never owned a Playstation in my life.

So if anybody is willing to help me,

- What are the must have game for the PS4 (you can include compatible PS3 games)?
- What are the most hyped PS4 games in the future?

Thanks lads.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I'm thinking of getting a PS4 in the distant future, but I've never owned a Playstation in my life.

So if anybody is willing to help me,

- What are the must have game for the PS4 (you can include compatible PS3 games)?
- What are the most hyped PS4 games in the future?

Thanks lads.

Unless the game is a remaster or has a PS3 and PS4 version then you will find no "compatible" games. Unfortunately there is no backwards compatibility.

As for must have, it all depends on what you are interested in. Do you like sport, shooters, race, strategy or dare I say one of us weirdos who likes JRPGs.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Unless the game is a remaster or has a PS3 and PS4 version then you will find no "compatible" games. Unfortunately there is no backwards compatibility.

As for must have, it all depends on what you are interested in. Do you like sport, shooters, race, strategy or dare I say one of us weirdos who likes JRPGs.

I remember seeing the Uncharted series being able to play for the PS4, or is it a remastered PS4 game instead?

Honestly, anything including JRPGs. I love sports, but I do not care for baseball so no desire for The Show.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I remember seeing the Uncharted series being able to play for the PS4, or is it a remastered PS4 game instead?

Honestly, anything including JRPGs. I love sports, but I do not care for baseball so no desire for The Show.

Uncharted 4 has its own release on the PS4, but if you are thinking of 1-3 then The Nathan Drake collection is what you want. It is a remaster that contains the first 3 games.

I would recommend Valkyria Chronicles, it is a 3rd person shooter/strategy game that was originally released on the PS3 but now has a PS4 remaster. A great story and beautiful art . Seriously underrated game when it was originally released.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com

Honestly, anything. I love sports, but I do not care for baseball so no desire for The Show.

For sports, other than baseball, EA Access for the Xbone may be something worth looking to, can't get that on PS. Madden and NHL can be had for both systems.

As for Uncharted, there is the remastered version set for the PS4, as well as Uncharted 4.

Likely other obligatory recommendations are TLOU, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Bloodborne.

I've only played TLOU, so I can't comment on the rest. Nier Automata was decent too, but I personally liked the art and music more than the gameplay.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Nier, Persona 5, Nioh, Horizon, and Yakuza 0 from this year.

From last year I would consider Doom and Dark Souls 3 "must play" if you haven't already done that elsewhere. Hitman is also good and can probably be grabbed for cheap at this point. The Odin Sphere and Valkyria Chronicles remasters are also worth looking into.

Year before that is basically just Bloodborne.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Ignore that guy ^. Just another biased anime fan boy that hf is full of.

If you want some must-plays, stick to ones that were critically acclaimed from ALL OVER the world, and not just Japan.

I'm talking about Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, TLOU, Metal Gear Solid 5, Inside...go on metacritic and check out the top games.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

If you want some must-plays, stick to ones that were critically acclaimed from ALL OVER the world, and not just Japan.

I'm talking about Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, Metal Gear Solid 5, Inside...go on metacritic and check out the top games.

One of those games is a ps4 exclusive. Most people are suggesting exclusives.

Chill dude.

But I agree, Uncharted 4 is a big one. I'd also say give the multiplayer a chance when you're done. Its pretty underrated. The game is extremely cheap on the used market so theres pretty much no reason not to get it. Its a steal especially if the multiplayer clicks with you personally.

Last edited:

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

I'm talking about Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, TLOU, Metal Gear Solid 5, Inside...go on metacritic and check out the top games.

All of those games he listed are rated 85% and higher on metacritic:

Nier - 88% Tied for 28th all time with games like Rise of the Tomb Raider and Dishonored 2
Persona 5 - 93% tied 3rd all time with games like Uncharted 4 and MGS5
Nioh - 88% Tied for 28th all time with games like Rise of the Tomb Raider and Dishonored 2
Horizon - 89% tied for 20th all time with games like Battlefield 1, Dark Souls 3 and Minecraft
Yakuza 0 - 85% tied for 67th all time with gaes like Doom, Rocket League, MLB 17, Mortal Kombat XL

The game I suggested (Valkyria Chronicles Remastered) was 84% tied for 91st along with games like Hitman, Bioshock Collection, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

They all appear on the top page of all time PS4 games, so by your own argument they are games he should check out. Thanks for the ringing endorsements.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012

Notice how he specified this year, and this past year?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Why not Titanfall 2?

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
They all appear on the top page of all time PS4 games, so by your own argument they are games he should check out. Thanks for the ringing endorsements.

That's fair, just giving OP a heads up regarding the anime bias around here.

Alot of those games are wacky and weird, definitely not for everyone.

OP sounds like a casual gamer, how about we suggest something normal and popular? Persona 5 is incredibly weird, dunno why you would suggest that to a casual gamer.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Why not Titanfall 2?

Titanfall 2 has a completely different atmosphere and feel. I never said I didn't play it - I did play it, but it's not as fun as the first one to me. The original Titanfall had sort of a Firefly feel to it for me. The music, the characters (though small parts they played), the little bits of story on the loading screens. It just felt like some ruffians in space. Titanfall 2 felt more like a light-hearted COD with mech's to me.

The single player was nice in T2 but I hated a lot of the voice acting. The story was decent though. Multiplayer was meh... They tried to add too much. I say it was "meh" and I mean that compared to T1. It was actually pretty good as a stand-alone and for someone who never played T1 at its height I could see thinking its great.

I also hated how you couldn't customize your mech in Titanfall 2. I mean chosing your main weapon. Having a fat heavy slow mech with lots a life, medium mech and a skinny fast mech with low life then picking the weapon, boost and core ability was great! Limiting all that in Titanfall 2 sucked hard. I liked the model of less mech's, but each one was much more customizable.

Titanfall 2 is a fine game. Just not my favorite and not better than the original. My opinion.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

OP sounds like a casual gamer, how about we suggest something normal and popular? Persona 5 is incredibly weird, dunno why you would suggest that to a casual gamer.

Solid contributions as usual, vdB.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

Weird, a casual gamer wouldn't like Persona? Whys that? I first hand know a guy who played it, love it, and doesn't watch anime. It has the strategy/story that players can like. Can't call someone biased when your being biased yourself

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I liked Persona 4 enough but I have an open mind with games. I wouldn't recommend it to my even above average gamer. I don't like anime or I guess I don't know I wouldn't have any interest to watch it after Persona because the story was so stupid and hard to follow. That said I bought Persona 5 knowing full well I might as well check out of all things understanding any part of it.

Try to sell that to your average want to relax with a game person. We are all gamers so I think people's views of what a casual gamer are, are totally skewed.

You can go out in public and find ten dudes that own a PS4. I would guess maybe 3 of them have heard of Fallout or Skyrim, enough to talk about it. Let alone be like "have I got a game for you, it's a high school dungeon crawler from Japan!". 8/10 of them own the system to play sports games randomly and some online shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->