Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I am really happy. Just somewhat mad at myself for waiting so long to get a PlayStation. I still have my Xbox and have nothing against it - I’m praying Halo turns it around. But the PlayStation exclusives just run circles around what the Xbox has right now.

Honestly, it's been that way from the beginning in regards to first party, both in quality and quantity, IMO. Microsoft has Halo, Gears of War, Forza and...nothing else is coming to mind atm. They did a good thing with splitting Forza into two series, Horizon is a fun series. Halo is Halo and it does it well.

But, imo, Sony tries to hit more genres, they don't shoehorn a company into just pumping out sequels, and they take risks with their properties . The team that made Killzone made Horizon. The team that made Uncharted made The Last of Us. From what I've read, the newest God of War is nothing like the button mashing fun of the prequels. Uncharted has a game that doesn't have the protagonist from previous four games in it. These are just a few examples

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Beat God of War, what an awesome game.

Started TLoU, and it has got to be just me but the game is really hard to get into. Does it really pick up soon? I’m about an hour or two into it and am finding it pretty boring. Maybe just not the right game for me..

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Started TLoU, and it has got to be just me but the game is really hard to get into. Does it really pick up soon? I’m about an hour or two into it and am finding it pretty boring. Maybe just not the right game for me..
It picks up

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Not really. The game itself isn't very good, just depends on how invested you get in the story.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Not really. The game itself isn't very good, just depends on how invested you get in the story.

I think the game was awesome for what it did on the PS3 at the time, but I can’t see myself enjoying it if I was to play through it a second time five years later.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
It's pretty much guaranteed at this point that it will still have an x86 processor and use an AMD GPU, so with that it should be backwards capable no issues.

Hopefully you’re right. I buy pretty much all of my games digitally now, so if they will stay associated with my PSN account and I get to install them on my PS5 that would be great.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
That’s true. Or the upcoming classic “The LAST Last Of Us.”

:laugh:

As Solid Snake said though, there shouldn't be any technology barriers this time (assuming they don't come up with some crazy design), so the only reason not to would be money. Which is pretty good reason.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
While the PS2 was originally released in Japan in March 2000, every other PS release has come out in late fall (Nov/Dec). I don't see the PS5 being a Spring release.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
It's pretty much guaranteed at this point that it will still have an x86 processor and use an AMD GPU, so with that it should be backwards capable no issues.
Well if it's backwards compatible the endless remasters might not sell as well, so there's an issue.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they made the first version backwards compatible and then removed it for the eventual slim or whatever version, like they did with the PS3. That would put more pressure on people to buy the console right away, when the price is at its highest point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->