Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
Only game I am currently beyond hyped for is RDR 2, but that got delayed to winter FML.

I am really interested in KH3, but how are the controls for Kingdom Heart games to begin with? I haven't played one, but I watched some campaign playthroughs and it seems like the game suffers from some bad camera controls during battles. However, getting to play with some of your childhood characters really brought the nostalgia feeling when I watched the playthrough, so I am at a loss.

In KH1 there are definitely areas where the game hasn't aged well and the camera becomes your main enemy, but I'd still say the games are worth your time playing (especially KH2 which is one of my favorite games as they fixed many of the issues I had with the first). But I will warn you, the story gets more and more confusing as the series progresses, but it makes up for it with it's game play.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
God of war consoles sold out every where I checked. GameStop guy told me it might be better to wait for E3 and that they usually release new bundles and deals around then. Any truth to this, Or would it be a waste of time?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I'm unsure about bundles during E3. It's possible someone else can answer that?

If you have a Costco membership, this is a decent deal: Costco Wholesale

390 instead of 400 and also you get $20 off if you get a Dualshock 4 with it, which is cheaper at Costco as is.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
God of war consoles sold out every where I checked. GameStop guy told me it might be better to wait for E3 and that they usually release new bundles and deals around then. Any truth to this, Or would it be a waste of time?

That's probably the next time GameStop expects to get bundles in...but I can't imagine you'd go an entire month without stumbling upon a bundle somewhere else.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
You got some great games there! I can recommend so many more for you.

Uncharted Collection
Uncharted 4
Uncharted The Lost Legacy
The Last of Us Remastered
Persona 5
Nier Automata (haven't played it myself but I've heard nothing but amazing things about it; on PC as well)
Horizon Zero Dawn
Yakuza 0
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (going to Xbox soon, but still; on PC as well)
The Last Guardian
Shadow of the Colossus
Journey
Until Dawn
Street Fighter V (also on PC)
Bloodborne
Infamous Second Son (and First Light)
Ratchet & Clank

Just to name some (these are, outside of Hellblade, at least console exclusives. Many of these are only on the PS4).

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
You read my mind on my next question. If you had to narrow that list down even further to just one or two, which ones would you say I have to go get?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
You read my mind on my next question. If you had to narrow that list down even further to just one or two, which ones would you say I have to go get?

All depends on what kind of games you prefer. The Last of Us is a mast-play (and should be easy to find for dirt cheap), but after that it depends on if you want to play something different (not many games like Persona 5 or Nier Automata on XBone), something open world (Yakuza), or you could just play the hits (Uncharted games, Bloodborne, etc.).

Horizon is a great place to start.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Horizon it is! I opened God of War and did the tutorial opening last night, wow. Insane graphics. Glad you pushed me to get the Pro console.

I did not open The Show - I think I am going to swap it out for Horizon after reading all your comments.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
God I hope that Borderlands 3 leak is true. I've been waiting for so long it seems. I just love that series so much. Hopefully it releases near the summer of next year so I can dump a ton of time into it.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
God I hope that Borderlands 3 leak is true. I've been waiting for so long it seems. I just love that series so much. Hopefully it releases near the summer of next year so I can dump a ton of time into it.

Borderlands 2 is in my top 5 games ever. Like seriously, what does it do wrong? I love it so much.

I very rarely buy games at launch (IE full price). The last one I bought at launch was Fallout 4. BL3 is the next game I buy at release for sure.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I loved borderlands 2 but let's be honest, the industry has changed a lot in 6 years. They're gonna monetize 3 up the keester. Its already a loot hunting game, it would take very little effort to do.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I recently moved back to the UK from Japan, after living there for four years. Due to Japanese reasons, I was unable to sell my PS4 to a second hand store and had to give it away to a friend for free (due to very late notice).

It was a sad time.

However, today my brand new PS4 Pro will be arriving in the mail. Huzzah!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
They'll monetize the hell out of BL3, but as long as the core gameplay remains the same I don't care. If they sell skins for the vault hunters, or even sell something equivalent to golden keys I don't mind one bit. If they have legendaries that can only be obtained through buying them I'll be extremely pissed. We already know they're going to have a ton of DLC like they did with 2, that's pretty much a given. The one thing that will really piss me off, and it's not even related to monetization, is if they make bosses one time encounters again like they did with several of the bosses in TPS. Farming bosses is core to the Borderlands experience. That's an absolute must.

I also don't want anything equivalent to the grinder either. Borderlands is not about crafting, it's about that moment of excitement when the gun you've been farming finally drops. There's still a level of excitement with the grinder, but it's not the same.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I just hate that they did 2 or 3 different season passes. Just f***ing make it one, at least for all the extra DLC campaigns. You can make others for skins and shit like that.

Yeah I was not a fan of the grinder. Hated that f***ing thing.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I ended up trading in The Show for Last of Us remastered, which actually got me 40 bucks back. Won’t start that until I finish God of War, which about 7 hours in and it is already one of my favorite games all time. Kratos is such a bad azz and is a really likable character too. Amazing game.

Reactions: SolidSnakeUS

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I ended up trading in The Show for Last of Us remastered, which actually got me 40 bucks back. Won’t start that until I finish God of War, which about 7 hours in and it is already one of my favorite games all time. Kratos is such a bad azz and is a really likable character too. Amazing game.

Really glad you're enjoying it and seriously, you won't regret trading it in for TLoU Remastered. f***ing amazing game on so many levels.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I am really happy. Just somewhat mad at myself for waiting so long to get a PlayStation. I still have my Xbox and have nothing against it - I’m praying Halo turns it around. But the PlayStation exclusives just run circles around what the Xbox has right now.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad