Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Finished P5 last night, the feels man. The feels. Wasn't expecting an amazing ending and in the end it was as truly mediocre as it could get, but what an ****ing game. Not sure it surpasses Knights of the Old Republic for me, but definitely takes second spot with Halo 2 and that isn't a small fleet either. The best part of starting an NG+ game is you can now fast forward all the dialogue. Now, though I am going to take a break from that and head back into either Horizon or start Last of Us. Not sure what I want to do yet...

Curious how good of a game is P5 compared to the rest of the Persona series? I keep hearing how amazing P4 was?

Also what is the text in Mementos trophy? Is that the Futaba dialogue one?

I always wonder why RPGs seem to attract completionists more than other genres of games.
Well, in a couple FPS some of the achievements are pure luck. I remember an achievement in Halo 4 where you have to get a kill RIGHT after the person jumps into the man-cannon. It's something you need you and your buddies to go into multiplayer and cheat it that way.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The Prime video app has been ruined basically. Its full of shows and movies that aren't even available in Canada (why have it on the app in Canada then?) or only available for purchase and not streaming.

Edit: oh yeah and there's also cbs all access and hbo integrated into it, which you need amother paid subscription for.

I swear it wasn't always like this, when did they make this update?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Finished P5 last night, the feels man. The feels. Wasn't expecting an amazing ending and in the end it was as truly mediocre as it could get, but what an ****ing game. Not sure it surpasses Knights of the Old Republic for me, but definitely takes second spot with Halo 2 and that isn't a small fleet either. The best part of starting an NG+ game is you can now fast forward all the dialogue. Now, though I am going to take a break from that and head back into either Horizon or start Last of Us. Not sure what I want to do yet...

Curious how good of a game is P5 compared to the rest of the Persona series? I keep hearing how amazing P4 was?

Also what is the text in Mementos trophy? Is that the Futaba dialogue one?

Glad you enjoyed it! P5 and P4G are very close in terms of quality in the eyes of most fans, I would say. Some prefer one, others prefer the other, some wrong people prefer 3 (which is really hard to play for the first time after playing either P4G or P5, unfortunately. Play it and decide for yourself :nod:

P4G justifies the Vita's existence by itself, IMO...which is doubly great because if you like that game, then there's a whole litany of games cut from a similar cloth on that platform.

And yeah, the Mementos trophy is about lines of dialogue. From everything I've heard (and my own experience) it's highly likely to pop in a second play-through.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If you don't want the Vita, you can go for PS TV which is much cheaper on Amazon and can play Vita games on your TV. You still have to buy a memory card though.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
You guys really should start a persona thread, that's pretty much all that gets talked about in this thread since it came out.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The game came out well over a year ago, but it's not the only thing talked about, it's just something that got brought back up.

I am so far behind on playing PS4 games. Barely got into Horizon, but I want to play more of it. Haven't even opened the packages for Uncharted Lost Legacy or God of War yet. I still haven't even touched Yakuza Kiwami. I have a bad habit of buying games and then kind of sitting on them. I think it's because I'm still trying to grind through Far Cry 5. I try to do everything in those games.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Everytime I turn on my ps4 I end up playing Bloodborne or Persona for the millionth time. I’ll never get through my backlog.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
For the last few months I've been trying to clear through my backlog of games (KH 1.5 +2.5, Bioshock collection, Wolf Among Us, GoT, Witcher 3) and now that I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I decided to pick up Nier Automata and .Hack// (I loved this when I was a kid so hopefully it's as good as I remember).

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
For the past few days I have actually really been wanting to play Kingdom Hearts, and part of me was thinking of picking up 1.5&2.5 once I got home from campus.
I have a lot on my backlog as well, and I'm hoping I can knock out a decent chunk of it this summer, because as of this moment, there are only even a few games I would consider buying right off the bat this summer and they are mostly for my Switch. The only game I would consider getting for my PS4 other than God Of War is Detroit: Become Human.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Summer looks light across the board. Literally the only games I'm interested in on any platform until like September are BlazBlue and Octopath. I'll probably inevitably end up buying Dark Souls again, I guess.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Only game I am currently beyond hyped for is RDR 2, but that got delayed to winter FML.

I am really interested in KH3, but how are the controls for Kingdom Heart games to begin with? I haven't played one, but I watched some campaign playthroughs and it seems like the game suffers from some bad camera controls during battles. However, getting to play with some of your childhood characters really brought the nostalgia feeling when I watched the playthrough, so I am at a loss.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I am going to wait for the PC version of RDR2 and see how that is. Honestly, I could never get into RDR1, I thought it was too barren and boring.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
In P5, I'm about done with the second palace and I haven't had time to go back to Mementos since the first time, will I get some breaks from the palaces to go in there or do i need to juggle that time with the links and all that?

My goal after I'm done with P5 is to get Ni No Kuni 2, sometime in July or August at the rate I get to play lol...then, onto to RDR2 and I'll get God of War around the holidays maybe lol

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If you get Palaces done quickly, you will have a big down period until the end day limit for that palace, where you can do whatever during that time really. Also, there's a Persona thread now.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am going to wait for the PC version of RDR2 and see how that is. Honestly, I could never get into RDR1, I thought it was too barren and boring.
I actually agree with you that the map was definitely boring and way too barren for my liking. But with what they learned there and how they transformed GTA V's map into a masterpiece, I am expecting RDR 2 to have one of the best maps we've seen from Rockstar. That and I am a sucker for wild west themes so I am beyond hype for this game. FTR I am expecting some barren wastelands, but I think the map will have a much better transition throughout instead of flat lands after flat lands between Texas and Mexico.

My biggest concerns is how smooth your character will move and respond compared to RDR1 which I thought was chucking and awkward as hell.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I do have to say I love having a last week of October birthday...almost every year an amazing game comes out and acts like an awesome gift. RDR2 fills that role this year, and the trailer eased a lot of my concerns...hype is starting to build.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Monumental decision I’ve made. I’ve been an Xbox guy since the systems first came out ~2001 or whenever it was. But I’m going to bite the bullet and buy a PlayStation 4. God of War, the show have pretty much forced my hand. Also doesn’t help that Xbox hasn’t had much come out in what seems like forever. I’m a big Halo guy and the fact they still havnt releases anything for Halo 6 makes me think it’s still a long way away. Probably fall 2019. So I’m excited to try this out. Any good bundles for the console that anyone knows about would be appreciated.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Also, it does help in terms of both loading and space, if you have some disposable income, get yourself one of these to replace the hard drive in the PS4 Pro:

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Fire...8&qid=1525801397&sr=8-2&keywords=firecuda+2.5

Fantastic PS4 HDD upgrade. The reason for this one is that it's 2TB and it uses SSD to help cache and load information, which really helps negate the fact that it's only a 5400 RPM drive.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Thank you for the response. I will try to find that bundle, have you heard of they are hard to get? don’t have a 4K tv, would that still influence you on the Pro suggestion at all?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I don't think so. Even at 1080p, the system will still allow the games to look and run better than the normal slim. That GoW Bundle is quite hard to find now but since it's newer, you may get lucky at some stores.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->