Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Didnt see anyone post it, but rumors flying around on the PS5 again:

Sony may have only released the PlayStation 4 Pro at the end of last year, but more hardware could come as soon as 2019, according to one analyst. Wedbush Securities' Michael Pachter has told GamingBolt that he expects the PlayStation 5 to launch in 2019, and that it will be a "half step," similar to how, in Pachter's view, the PS4 Pro was a "half step" over the base PS4.

"The PS4 Pro is better [from a technical perspective] than the PS4, so I think that's a half step towards the PS5," he said. "I think the PS5 will be another half step."

He added: "My expectation that is that it's not coming out in 2018. That [it will be] 2019 or 2020 but probably 2019. Sony is probably timing it better because they are going to bring out a 4K-capable device when the 4K TV market reaches 50% in the USA and 35% in the rest of the world.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/p...er-half-ste/1100-6451610/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
They gotta do something. Lots of console gamers are going to get an Xbox One X and buy all multi-plats on that.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
They gotta do something. Lots of console gamers are going to get an Xbox One X and buy all multi-plats on that.
Surely people would just move on to PC gaming, if graphics was the main thing they're looking at?

Most people pick a console and stick with it, everyone can't afford (I mean, that's kind of the reason people prefer their consoles over upgrading a PC all the time, right?) a new 500 dollar machine every time the other side improves. One X is priced at 1k euros here btw, I doubt many Finns are going to be screaming to spend that kind of money on a console.

edit: For the record before I get labeled as a Playstation fanboy, if Sony came up with a similarly priced console, there's no way in hell I'd spend a grand on that.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Yeah I would be surprised if even 10% of people upgrade with these mid gen refreshes. They're nice but they're not going to make people go out and spend hundreds of dollars when they play all the same games.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
the PS4 owns the xbox. Call me a fanboy I don't care.

Microsoft has failed big time in this generation.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yeah I would be surprised if even 10% of people upgrade with these mid gen refreshes. They're nice but they're not going to make people go out and spend hundreds of dollars when they play all the same games.

Less than 20% of PS4 sales are Pro. One X could have a higher ratio than that but it's still not going to shift major units.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Lots? Uh no. A lot of people are going to pc if next gen consoles come out in 2018- early 2019 so console power really doesn't matter

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Lots? Uh no. A lot of people are going to pc if next gen consoles come out in 2018- early 2019 so console power really doesn't matter

How do you figure? Most people aren't going to go drop 700+ on a PC when most people don't even need pcs anymore. So your average gamer is not going to go buy a new computer when all of their friends are still on xbl and psn.

Unless PCs find a way to shrink in size and make their way into the living room, I don't see PCs phasing out consoles anytime soon..

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
How do you figure? Most people aren't going to go drop 700+ on a PC when most people don't even need pcs anymore. So your average gamer is not going to go buy a new computer when all of their friends are still on xbl and psn.

Unless PCs find a way to shrink in size and make their way into the living room, I don't see PCs phasing out consoles anytime soon..

I'm just believing the people that say they are in comments about the ps5/next Xbox in 2018-19. They could be lying. But a pc is a better long term investment if your the type of guy who buys every console (Xbox one. Xbox one s and then the Xbox one x and then the new one).

Honestly it's bad for Xbox if they go the iPhone route at that point what is the time to get a new one? And developers aren't going to get the game working on 5 different Xbox consoles. They'll just make it for PS4 and pc only eventually

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Can't you just put it on one inning? Also did you do it all with one team? Maybe you didn't play your own team

Yeah it was all 9 innings uninterrupted vs CPU and couldn't tell you which I missed. Could be a 2 hour venture or 30+

I just checked out ha

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah it was all 9 innings uninterrupted vs CPU and couldn't tell you which I missed. Could be a 2 hour venture or 30+

I just checked out ha

If I were you I'd just play the team you used if you used the same one (and then give up if you didn't get it and don't have a clue)

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
If I was him I would do nothing because its a meaningless imaginary trophy for a 7 year old game:sarcasm:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Holy cow lots of touchy people here.

"DONT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT MY PRECIOUS PLAYSTATION!!!!" :laugh:

Lots of people all over are saying that multi-plats will be play and look better on Xbox One X. There is lots of talk and hype about it. Just saying that makes it not surprising that Sony is talking PS5 now. It's what drives better systems and games for us gamers... competition.

Chill people. It's a simple, logical statement. The Xbox One X has better hardware than anything Sony has right now. Fact. People are taking notice and giving it props. Fact. Sony wants to compete with it. That's GOOD.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

People say this every year.

But there's something about turning on your game console, sitting on a couch and gaming. Lots of people like doing that instead of installing crap to your PC. Is it steam? Is it UPlay? Is it Origin? Is it GoG?

Will your PC run it?
Do you have the $ to upgrade / build a PC that's plays these new games?

The common person wants to buy a system, put in their disk / download and play. Knowing everything is set up for them and works.

Techy people will PC game. Not everyone is techy people.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Lots of people all over are saying that multi-plats will be play and look better on Xbox One X. There is lots of talk and hype about it. Just saying that makes it not surprising that Sony is talking PS5 now. It's what drives better systems and games for us gamers... competition.

Chill people. It's a simple, logical statement. The Xbox One X has better hardware than anything Sony has right now. Fact. People are taking notice and giving it props. Fact. Sony wants to compete with it. That's GOOD.
Your facts still don't make an extra 500 dollars/1k euros appear in peoples pockets. A regular console gamer doesn't have that sort of money to throw around every time a new version is released and that goes for both companies.

How many people that already owned the regular PS4, bought a PS4 Pro when it was released?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Your facts still don't make an extra 500 dollars/1k euros appear in peoples pockets. A regular console gamer doesn't have that sort of money to throw around every time a new version is released and that goes for both companies.

How many people that already owned the regular PS4, bought a PS4 Pro when it was released?

Just like everything else in life... if someone wants it and can afford it, they will buy it. I don't see what pointing out that people who can't afford it or don't want it not getting it has to do with anything?

What is "a regular console gamer" in your eyes? Most of them obviously can afford consoles to be considered a "regular console gamer" right? Or their parents bought it for them, or it was a gift.... etc. You are basically talking about every variety of person on Earth.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Just like everything else in life... if someone wants it and can afford it, they will buy it. I don't see what pointing out that people who can't afford it or don't want it not getting it has to do with anything?

What is "a regular console gamer" in your eyes? Most of them obviously can afford consoles to be considered a "regular console gamer" right? Or their parents bought it for them, or it was a gift.... etc. You are basically talking about every variety of person on Earth.
I guess it depends what you mean by "a lot of people"? Since you're talking about the PS userbase, I'm guessing you mean current PS4 owners? What % of that current userbase moving to One X is "a lot of people" that's going to affect (according to you) Playstation?

People will buy stuff if they can afford it, well no ****. Again, what you're describing is people jumping from console to console every time the other company improves something, which is the complete opposite point of cost efficient console gaming. And you're waaay overestimating the amount of people who can afford that.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I guess it depends what you mean by "a lot of people"? Since you're talking about the PS userbase, I'm guessing you mean current PS4 owners? What % of that current userbase moving to One X is "a lot of people" that's going to affect (according to you) Playstation?

People will buy stuff if they can afford it, well no ****. Again, what you're describing is people jumping from console to console every time the other company improves something, which is the complete opposite point of cost efficient console gaming. And you're waaay overestimating the amount of people who can afford that.

I wasn't saying anything about the PS fanbase or people moving from it. I was saying people who buy the Xbox One X will most likely buy multiplat games on that instead of the Playstation. AKA non fanboys but console gamers who buy the new Xbox. So its a good thing Sony is talking about making a PS5 to compete.

I think people here are being too sensitive about it. Its competition. That's good for the industry.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you for the 50 millionth time, but it sounds like you're saying PlayStation users are going to buy an extra Xbox one x to play multiplatform games. Almost literally nobody does that.

Naturally people will disagree with. That's okay. It doesn't make anybody a sensitive Sally, they just don't agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad