Sonny Milano

elmariachi227

Aug 27, 2012
Cleveland
Milano's zone entries are OK and are what people are probably referring to when they say he's stickhandling and not passing.

Most of those times he wasn't finding a lot of pass lanes on entry, whether they weren't there or he didn't try to create them.

Only thing I don't remember him doing a lot of is board work especially at or behind the goal line. Then again the guy's talents are skating and getting away from getting pinned.

edit: also Milano called one of his goals last year. It was great.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Damn love Milano but it sucks it is at the cost of bjorkstrand he just needs to get his groove back. Hopefully Sonny plays up to what I think he could be as an eventual poor man's version of a poor man's Kane.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The guy who should be sent down to find his game is Jenner. But I realize that is not realistic.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
^that's an extreme over reaction to a common problem of players starting a little slow. Give him 10 games before we waive him.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
When you give your key guys 10 games to get started, you wind up 0-9-1. That is BS. Jenner is a professional. He is paid for an 82 game season, not 72.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
This is likely the move that should have happened before the end of camp. Milano had a better camp then Bjork in my opinion. Bjork will be fine and look to get his game back. Didn't show any confidence with the puck or ability to maintain possession. Wasn't the same player that was up for 12 games last year. Minor setback but welcome Milano!

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
This is likely the move that should have happened before the end of camp. Milano had a better camp then Bjork in my opinion. Bjork will be fine and look to get his game back. Didn't show any confidence with the puck or ability to maintain possession. Wasn't the same player that was up for 12 games last year. Minor setback but welcome Milano!

I agree with this. It is good for Bjork to go down right now.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
How was he in the 2 games he played? Did he look lost or not so bad?

Barely noticeable... especially seeing him in person. Has 0 defensive game and after all these years, he is still using his backhand to shoot the puck 95 percent of the time. I hate to say it folks but I'm giving him one more year.. If he hasn't cemented himself a role in our top 6/9 by next year then I'm going to officially label him a more than likely bust.

The Monsters are struggling hardcore but he has just 2 points in 8 GP this season.. -4.
He has now played in 72 career AHL games... in 72 games he has 16 goals, 17 assists. 33 points. We knew when drafting him that he was raw. When we drafted him many people were labeling him as a BOOM or BUST pick... he hasn't been booming so far in his professional career especially for being taken 16 OA.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Barely noticeable... especially seeing him in person. Has 0 defensive game and after all these years, he is still using his backhand to shoot the puck 95 percent of the time. I hate to say it folks but I'm giving him one more year.. If he hasn't cemented himself a role in our top 6/9 by next year then I'm going to officially label him a more than likely bust.

The Monsters are struggling hardcore but he has just 2 points in 8 GP this season.. -4.
He has now played in 72 career AHL games... in 72 games he has 16 goals, 17 assists. 33 points. We knew when drafting him that he was raw. When we drafted him many people were labeling him as a BOOM or BUST pick... he hasn't been booming so far in his professional career especially for being taken 16 OA.

He's 20 years old.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Milano is a 20 year old playing on a team that's been gutted of its elite talent. It shouldn't surprise you that he's not lighting the world on fire right now..

I do think he needs to stop using his backhand so f***ing much though. It hardly ever works.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Milano is 20 years old. I'll give him two more years for him to start cementing a job in the NHL before I label him a bust. I actually did notice him a bit with his time up in Columbus in a game I watched in person. Thought he had good speed, would try to play the right way and had some skill. I wouldn't mind for him to start lighting the AHL up a bit more as well as Bjorkstrand, but this Monster's team lost a good deal of talent and wasn't replaced by too terribly much in my honest opinion.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Milano needs to use this year to take charge down in Cleveland. He still can fly around and outskate most guys, but he needs to start putting it together a lot more consistently. Bjorkstrand hasn't been doing a ton either.

Hannikainen has been the best forward. Which has been rewarded. He wears an A and has already seen multiple call-ups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad