Sonny Milano Goal Of The Year Candidate. Stars broadcast: "You're gonna see that goal forever"

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
If I had such a video of that particular event, I would. It's metaphorical. By dismissing this as "yawn, another between-the-legs goal", you're overlooking the bit that makes it actually impressive.
I am? Thank you for telling me how I feel. Please, let me know how I should feel about Blashill playing Glendening on the second line because God knows I don't have my own opinion on the matter.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I am? Thank you for telling me how I feel. Please, let me know how I should feel about Blashill playing Glendening on the second line because God knows I don't have my own opinion on the matter.
In my considered opinion, what you should be feeling is deep shame for assuming I was dictating feelings in the first place.

That was a description of an action taken, based on what I can directly observe. You responded to a post dismissing this as Yet Another Between The Legs Goal with that Xgames backflip metaphor. That implies that the only thing you paid attention to was "it's a between-the-legs goal" rather than, y'know, everything else about it.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
In my considered opinion, what you should be feeling is deep shame for assuming I was dictating feelings in the first place.

That was a description of an action taken, based on what I can directly observe. You responded to a post dismissing this as Yet Another Between The Legs Goal with that Xgames backflip metaphor. That implies that the only thing you paid attention to was "it's a between-the-legs goal" rather than, y'know, everything else about it.
Or, now wait for it... Maybe...just maybe... I actually didn't think it was anything very special including the "everything else about it" part.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Or, now wait for it... Maybe...just maybe... I actually didn't think it was anything very special including the "everything else about it" part.
OK. So if an Xgames performer did manage a motorcycle backflip without any upward momentum off a ramp or anything like that, it wouldn't be anything very special to you? Because it's just another motorcycle backflip at the Xgames?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
idk, I would have to see it first. Thinking it and actually witnessing it are totally different things for me. That's besides the point though. My point is, I don't see anything completely special about this goal. There is nothing you or anyone else can say to change my mind. Either deal with it and move on or go try to convince someone else.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Lots of jaded squirrels in this thread who need a player to be on fire and busking when they score in order to be impressed.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
It isn't anything special. There's several players over past few years that have already done it.

So thousands of goals scored, the last 20 years and what done maybe 20 or 30 times. Nothing special?

Tough crowd :)

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
Meh... I only like goals where the puck is finally shoveled in on the third or fourth rebound, or a point shot is deflected by the skates/legs/butts of multiple players before beating a partially screened goalie... Now that's hockey!!!

Seriously though... Between the leg shots aren't that common, how can anyone honestly be "bored" of them.:dunno:

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Its like seeing a back flip on a motorcycle at the Xgames. Meh

Normally, when you see a back flip on a motorcycle at the Xgames, that motorcycle has just gone up a ramp.

Imagine it happening when that motorcycle is on a straightaway. Just all of a sudden, the rider flings their motorcycle up into the air and flips, without any other upward momentum.

Still "meh"?
Somewhere in California Carey Hart’s ears just perked up and he has no idea why.

On topic given the circumstances this is a ridiculous goal. Good to see Milano might finally be putting things together.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Somewhere in California Carey Hart’s ears just perked up and he has no idea why.

On topic given the circumstances this is a ridiculous goal. Good to see Milano might finally be putting things together.

He only played 8 minutes.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
He only played 8 minutes.
... dude you honestly took umbrage with me saying I’m glad a player looks improved? Really? Shit like this is why I don’t post here much anymore.

Fine. In the 8 minutes he played I’m glad he was productive and I hope he keeps it up.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
... dude you honestly took umbrage with me saying I’m glad a player looks improved? Really? **** like this is why I don’t post here much anymore.

Fine. In the 8 minutes he played I’m glad he was productive and I hope he keeps it up.

Apologies I didn't mean it to sound like a smart ass response. The point I didn't make very well was that he was only given 8 minutes on the night, not exactly
a heavy work load. No offence meant to you or to him.

Reactions: Socks

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
It isn't anything special. There's several players over past few years that have already done it.

there's one thing consistent in all three of these plays

the goalie is the only defense within 50 feet

Milano makes a sweet between the D man's legs at the blue line to get into the zone...
then has 2 players stick checking him while he scores.................night and day comparison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->