Sonny Milano Goal Of The Year Candidate. Stars broadcast: "You're gonna see that goal forever"

mpir3

Apr 7, 2010
Most impressive one in my opinion! But mainly cause if he missed you know Torts is benching him and he’s going to the AHL tomorrow. Ballsy!

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
meh i dont find the between the legs goals as sexy as i used to

still nice but ehhh
Exactly how I felt watching it. It was a slick shot but I actually find Ovechkin scoring from the same spot -even though *everyone* knows what's coming - to be more amazing. It's like watching a real life wizard.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Ease. Ok. Thats just dirty.

The most impressive thing about this is that he wasnt even coming in straight down the ice on a breakaway. He had to take a pass off the boards and come in at an angle. THAT makes it even more ridiculous. What a freaking goal.

Also, I wonder what the coach said on the bench. "That was pretty. Do it again and I'll kill you." I mean .. it IS Torts.

Reactions: Hello Johnny

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
The Coleman one is easily the best I've seen so far. I usually don't like goals that have that chaotic element to them where it's from a random situation that they were just thrust into and created something out of nothing rather than a cleaner example of creating something for themselves, but that goal was crazy.
Absolutely, the Coleman goal is still the GOTY frontrunner.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Between the legs goals are as overrated as ever, I see. People seriously need to stop calling all of them a GOTY candidate. It's really not that amazing. Just like this goal, nothing special. In fact, pretty weak for a between-the-legs goal. We see these moves in C-juniors already.

Just stop please. The move at high speed with 2
Dmen closing on him, then going between the legs
increasing his shot scoring angle dramatically.
Much more difficult to execute than what Matthews
does dragging the puck closer to his skates on a wrist shot to improve his shooting angle which people praise
him for.

What an absolutely rediculous take on your part.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Knew it was lights out after he scored that one.

Great move to get it past a rather sizeable goalie in Bishop, too. But he's been pretty beatable this season.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I've seen this before when an obscure 4th liner scores a pretty amazing goal and the reaction is mixed and tepid from many posters. Milano's goal will be one of the top 5 this season. He makes a very aggressive play with the puck to break in 1 on 2 and deposits a trick shot upper left in a 2-1 hockey game. Clutch.

To even compare Crosby's goal to this one show's a great deal of star-player bias. Crosby's goal wasn't even in his personal top 10 (which has some pretty amazing ones in it).

I do agree that between the leg goals aren't new anymore and they don't blow the mind like they used to, but this whole play and the finish is top 5 worthy.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Also, idk if anyone's mentioned it yet but this is the 2nd time Esa Lindell got posterized on a through the legs goal...he was defending McDavid on his GOTY from last season.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I've seen this before when an obscure 4th liner scores a pretty amazing goal and the reaction is mixed and tepid from many posters. Milano's goal will be one of the top 5 this season. He makes a very aggressive play with the puck to break in 1 on 2 and deposits a trick shot upper left in a 2-1 hockey game. Clutch.

To even compare Crosby's goal to this one show's a great deal of star-player bias. Crosby's goal wasn't even in his personal top 10 (which has some pretty amazing ones in it).

I do agree that between the leg goals aren't new anymore and they don't blow the mind like they used to, but this whole play and the finish is top 5 worthy.
You beat me to the star power bias point....

Reactions: Nordique

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
These goals are not that special anymore. Best part was the move at the blueline.

Had the dman chasing him actually had his stick on the ice, he would have been able to prevent the shot. Pulling this move with a man right behind you is the worst possible time.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
The "meh" people in here are right, if Crosby or McDavid did this, there wouldn't be a GOTY thread.

Instead, one of them would no doubt be starting a "McDavid/Crosby is the most skilled player of all time" thread.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Its like seeing a back flip on a motorcycle at the Xgames. Meh
Normally, when you see a back flip on a motorcycle at the Xgames, that motorcycle has just gone up a ramp.

Imagine it happening when that motorcycle is on a straightaway. Just all of a sudden, the rider flings their motorcycle up into the air and flips, without any other upward momentum.

Still "meh"?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Normally, when you see a back flip on a motorcycle at the Xgames, that motorcycle has just gone up a ramp.

Imagine it happening when that motorcycle is on a straightaway. Just all of a sudden, the rider flings their motorcycle up into the air and flips, without any other upward momentum.

Still "meh"?
show me video of this

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Amazing goal. Well done, Sonny Milano. I thought you were a bust, but that was super sexy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->