Sonny Milano Goal Of The Year Candidate. Stars broadcast: "You're gonna see that goal forever"

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
meh i dont find the between the legs goals as sexy as i used to

still nice but ehhh

I've seen between the legs goals enough that the move by itself that won't do it for me. This one got me. He burns a guy to create a break and then does that with two opponents all over him. It's something that guys do in practice all the time, but I've never seen it pulled off quite like that.

Reactions: Dumais

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
He could have scored the goal and pooped out a Wayne Gretzky bobble head in celebration and people would still think it was nothing special.

That was a pretty awesome goal, no doubt, but not sure if it's going to help him with his impending court date.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Some of us are old and grew up watching goals like this happen on a nightly basis. 80s/90s hockey = best hockey.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Pretty awesome goal. Probably won't be GOTY, but you can't say that goal isn't sauce right there. The stones the kid has to pull that move, at that speed, under pressure... If you **** up that move, you're riding pine the rest of the game.

Maybe the stones is the thing that makes this special. Like you're a fourth liner and the coach refuses to give you ice time, and you're protecting a one goal lead, and you have two opponents all over you. Any other guy under that pressure is firing it blindly. Instead he goes for the most outrageous trick shot you could do in that situation. Who does that?

If he f**ks that up, he's not riding pine the rest of the game, he's done playing for a loooong time.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Bunch of hard to impress posters up in here.

source.gif

Seriously, am I crazy?

Dangled the first guy through his legs, high speed partial breakaway with two dudes in hot pursuit, has the presence of mind to fire through the legs from the low slot instead of literally right in front of the net. The guy f***ing roofed it against the grain from the hashmarks between his legs and through a maze of sticks and arms :laugh:

I am damn impressed and the people downplaying it are blowing my mind :laugh:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I think OP might’ve hyped it up too much with that quote in the title but some of these edgy comments are ridiculous

hAbHWsk.jpg

First off he shot it from the hash mark which is good distance from the goal for that kind of shot in full flight.

Second there was strategy to it, it wasn’t just a tacky let me shoot this through my legs to be cool. It let him simultaneously protect the puck from both backcheckers while pulling the puck back to the middle. Back leg protects the puck from Lindell, front leg protecting stick check from Hintz. Shot also goes through the tri-pod of Hintz, that triangle area between the skates and stick.

Very impressive goal.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ummm goal was sick no?

Goes between the defenders legs, beats 2 defenders to the net, goes between his own legs 5 feet out.....

Do CBJ haters exist or something? That'd be sad consider CBJ has done nothing to hurt/beat no one....

Reactions: Palm Tree

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think OP might’ve hyped it up too much with that quote in the title but some of these edgy comments are ridiculous

hAbHWsk.jpg

First off he shot it from the hash mark which is good distance from the goal for that kind of shot in full flight.

Second there was strategy to it, it wasn’t just a tacky let me shoot this through my legs to be cool. It let him simultaneously protect the puck from both backcheckers while pulling the puck back to the middle. Back leg protects the puck from Lindell, front leg protecting stick check from Hintz. Shot also goes through the tri-pod of Hintz, that triangle area between the skates and stick.

Very impressive goal.

Doing it from the hash mark I agree might be unprecedented in a real game. I don't know if there was so much strategy though. It's not a move that helps you protect from back pressure, other than being so ballsy that your opponents will never expect you to whip it out with so little space.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
That Milano did it with two defensemen draped over him and a fair distance from the crease makes it a lot more impressive than the other attempts posted.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That Milano did it with two defensemen draped over him and a fair distance from the crease makes it a lot more impressive than the other attempts posted.
McDavid doing it, cutting through traffic, through a stick check at high speed and goes far side on a sharp angle.

Milano's was still good though, just not as good. JMO

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Between the legs goals are as overrated as ever, I see. People seriously need to stop calling all of them a GOTY candidate. It's really not that amazing. Just like this goal, nothing special. In fact, pretty weak for a between-the-legs goal. We see these moves in C-juniors already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->