Music: Songs that you are waiting for a decent cover of

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Like the other thread, this thread is for covers that are better than the originals. But those covers haven't been made yet.

For example, there is colourful song (Mukluk Shoe) by Stompin' Tom that needs to be carried further with Red River or Athapaskan riffing and using Innu singers. I have it in my head but I'm waiting for it. Argh.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
I think Oasis album Be Here Now is just begging to be covered in its entirety by someone who hasn't taken all the cocaine.

nudie

Feb 26, 2010
I think Oasis album Be Here Now is just begging to be covered in its entirety by someone who hasn't taken all the cocaine.

I think a remastering of the album would be sufficient, cut it 15-20 min and update the production would do wonders. In the Oasis discography I think its a bit underrated tbh.

Think I read that they were working on it, maybe a release next year (20 year since release) or in the fall when the documentary is released.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Black Sabbath: "Paranoid"

Yes it is their hit / one of their hits, but it is still a very good song and the guitar solo in the middle is overbearing / not mixed right.

Bauhaus: "Bela Lugosi's Dead"

I feel this song could be effectively done in a different style, even though the original is excellent and has strong ambience.

Last edited:

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

"All" the cocaine is very apt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_Here_Now_(album)#Recording_and_production

On 11 November 1996, Oasis relocated to the rural Ridge Farm Studios in Surrey. Though the band reconvened with more energy, the early recordings were compromised by the drug intake of all involved. Morris recalled that "in the first week, someone tried to score an ounce of weed, but instead got an ounce of cocaine. Which kind of summed it up."[2] Noel was not present during any of Liam's vocal track recordings, typifying the high drama surrounding the sessions. Morris thought that the new material was weak, but when he voiced his opinion to Noel he was cut down: "[So] I just carried on shovelling drugs up my nose." Noel, wanting to make the album as dense and "colossal" feeling as possible, layered multiple guitar tracks on several of the songs. In many instances he dubbed ten channels with identical guitar parts, in an effort to create a sonic volume.[2] Creation's owner Alan McGee visited the studio during the mixing stage; he said, "I used to go down to the studio, and there was so much cocaine getting done at that point ... Owen was out of control, and he was the one in charge of it. The music was just ****ing loud."[6]

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011

Such a sick riff... needs to be modernized a bit I think.

Queens of Stoneage covered this tune it could be epic.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
One song I think deserves to be revisited is Blinded by the light. The synthesizer riff is incredible but the song is damn boring.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Weird choice but I will put it out there. Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton. It was an early 2000's hit. It is still played on the radio on easy listening stations and at public places like grocery stores. Every time that I hear it I imagine a hard rock song.

Here is my take. Male lead singer first off. Then it is just as simple as replacing the piano in the original song with an electric guitar. Keep everything the exact same but just guitar riffs replace the piano.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad