Sondre Olden?

JMcLeaf

From the few games I saw him in pre-season you could definitely tell he has good hockey sense which you can't teach. I guess it will just depend if he can pull it all together and adjust to the North American style of game. Definitely had a lot of filling out to do a year ago, so it would be interesting to see where he is at now.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I hear he has been pretty good. Solid player, needs to be more consistant and fill out more.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
disappointing WJC for him....regardless of how bad his team was he was practically invisible and I saw all but probably 1 or 2 of Norways games

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
I believe I read he planned to jump the pond for next season so you'll be able to see him more then. He's definitely a project prospect that really needs to grow.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Probably not the best move for Olden. Modo had a crappy season and will probably give chances to young players like Olden. He should stay one more season and perhaps be a regular in SEL if he works hard enough for it. It's better to cross the pond with a nice SEL-season under your belt than as a very unproven guy.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
disappointing WJC for him....regardless of how bad his team was he was practically invisible and I saw all but probably 1 or 2 of Norways games

Yeah I wasn't too impressed with his performance either.

HockeyNightInBelfast

HockeyNightInBelfast
Mar 28, 2011
Belfast
www.facebook.com
Yeah I wasn't too impressed with his performance either.

Still, a lot of time for Olden to make ammends.

I believe Dave Morrison it was a "projection pick" right after he was selected & as we know the Wings were allegedley licking their chops in anticipation before we Toronto selected him.

I agree that a season in Sweden at Modo, especially under the watchful eye of ass't GM 'Foppa' (;) ) would be a good decision. It's not like he's close. Perhaps after said season in Scandanavia close to home before he comes over to get a taste of Dallas Eakins' kool-aid.

One to watch.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Still, a lot of time for Olden to make ammends.

I believe Dave Morrison it was a "projection pick" right after he was selected & as we know the Wings were allegedley licking their chops in anticipation before we Toronto selected him.

I agree that a season in Sweden at Modo, especially under the watchful eye of ass't GM 'Foppa' (;) ) would be a good decision. It's not like he's close. Perhaps after said season in Scandanavia close to home before he comes over to get a taste of Dallas Eakins' kool-aid.

One to watch.

Oh no doubt. I'm juts saying at that tournament I was hoping for a bit more.

Still like him as a pick no doubt. Has a lot of tools at his disposal. Looked really good at the Rookie Tournament considering he was the youngest guy (I believe) there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad