News Article: Sometimes Less is More: Media Coverage in Montreal

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I think it's slightly ironic that one of countless blogs who feed off the same clients as the "montreal media" would write this article. If there's too much habs coverage, maybe start by shutting down habstounding.com ? I keed I keed...

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The biggest problem is that media inertia sometimes pushes management into making changes just to appease the market. The last thing the team needs is to be as reactionary as its fan base.

Andros777

Apr 12, 2010
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Too many journalists and not enough real material to cover. Alongside Football, Basketball, Baseball, and UFC, hockey is by far the simplest sport, so there's not much to talk about really.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I think they should never televise a game against Florida, Tampa, Carolina Ottawa, Columbus, Nashville, Phoenix or the NYI. I would be a happier Hab fan if I never had to watch coverage of those teams, ever again.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I think they should never televise a game against Florida, Tampa, Carolina Ottawa, Columbus, Nashville, Phoenix or the NYI. I would be a happier Hab fan if I never had to watch coverage of those teams, ever again.

I can't take you seriously. Teams go through cycles and over the years those you would consider watching dip below the level of those you shun (and the reverse). In case you don't know it, there's a draft. Besides, I see you're willing to stay up late to see quite a few games played in Pacific Daylight Time or Mountain Standard Times.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Since the MT/MB era began, the media has really not been as vicious and biased as they been in the past. It is not even close.

We forget so quickly how venomous they were during the years previous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad