Something's Fishy in Detroit, and it Ain't the Octopi

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Okay, so let me get this straight...

During the first period of Game 2 between the Ducks and the Red Wings, Barret Jackman gets called for the following penalty:

B. JACKMAN ANA (ROUGHING, Minor, Misconduct) 11:16

Seeing as that was Anaheim's only penalty of the period, explain to me the following two goals:

RED WINGS, SHANAHAN 2 (DUMONT, TIMONEN) (PP), 12:37
RED WINGS, LEHTINEN 1 (STRAKA) (PP), 13:09

Two PP goals on one minor penalty??? Who was the ref, Leon Stickle???

This travesty, of course, led to an onslaught during which the Red Wings scored 4 goals in 2:40. What a bunch of horsebleep. :rant:

HFNHL Red Wings

Okay, so let me get this straight...

During the first period of Game 2 between the Ducks and the Red Wings, Barret Jackman gets called for the following penalty:

B. JACKMAN ANA (ROUGHING, Minor, Misconduct) 11:16

Seeing as that was Anaheim's only penalty of the period, explain to me the following two goals:

RED WINGS, SHANAHAN 2 (DUMONT, TIMONEN) (PP), 12:37
RED WINGS, LEHTINEN 1 (STRAKA) (PP), 13:09

Two PP goals on one minor penalty??? Who was the ref, Leon Stickle???

This travesty, of course, led to an onslaught during which the Red Wings scored 4 goals in 2:40. What a bunch of horsebleep. :rant:

:lol: I was trying to figure that out myself.
It's not the first time I've seen it happen in a Wing's game this year but it was the first time it was actually the Wings that did it instead of the opposing team.

HFNHL Red Wings

Doh! Temporary brain cramp, I think I know what this is.

I noticed it once before when a PP goal was scored and there was no penalty preceeding it. The only thing I could guess at the time was that if you score with a man advantage on a delayed penalty it gets counted as a PP goal by the sim.

It is likely that the original powerplay was over after the first PP goal and it is just coincidence that the man advantage goal happened in the 2 minute window since the original penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad