HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
f9801d85-bf50-4bf7-8361-1a82fefaa05a.jpg

"You were calling Scott Mellanby about a bargain bin player, weren't you?"
"What? You kiddin me. I'm here to visit my daughter."

the-sopranos-quotes-17.jpg

"so Scott I need you to come see this player tonight...I think I can talk them down to a 5th."
well done

Reactions: Gainesvillain

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Nobody wants Price. He's not even a top-15 goalie in the league anymore and he's getting paid 10.5m for 6 more seasons after this one, yeesh! Even 50% retained, he's not worth much. His game has regressed so much in the last few years. The only hope for Montreal is for Seattle to take him next year.
Dude, not even Roy in his heyday can do better than Price with the d we have.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Well a) I wouldn’t speak so surely on who’s available for who after yesterday, b) with Tampa’s cap situation upcoming, his salary, term and performance I’d want an incentive to take him in Montreal as he’s not a need, c) unless it’s a real big incentive to take him I hope he doesn’t waive for Montreal

a) Not sure why you’d say that considering I was absolutely right about the criteria for a N. Foote trade being a good player who fits a need with term on an incredibly cheap deal. Granted I was thinking more along the lines of an ELC player and didn’t see Coleman coming, but he fits the criteria perfectly. What Foote was NOT traded for was someone like Petry or Tatar who not only wouldn’t have fit a need but would have either been a rental or, if kept, wrecked our cap situation this summer.

b) You can want an incentive for Gourde all you want but that doesn’t make him a cap dump. You are the guys assuming both that we want to trade you Gourde and that we’ll pay for the privilege of doing so - it’s not us coming to you with such shitty proposals. If I came to you proposing to take Domi off your hands for an incentive you’d tell me to f*** off; I’m not sure why you (meaning Habs fans in general) think your repeated demands that we pay to give you Gourde deserve any different. If you don’t want Gourde then just say so, but insisting that we give him to you along with an incentive (particularly one who obviously isn’t available to you in the first place regardless of the return) is just childish and absurd.

c) Considering the above I don’t think you have to worry about that: there will be no incentive offered or given for the Habs to take Gourde.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
I dont see why the Avs would trade anyone off their roster as they have a playoff run coming. So likely futures. Montreal has the ability to eat 50% of the cap on a Petry or Tatar deals for this year and next which makes these players very valuable if the Habs consider going down that road.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
a) Not sure why you’d say that considering I was absolutely right about the criteria for a N. Foote trade being a good player who fits a need with term on an incredibly cheap deal. Granted I was thinking more along the lines of an ELC player and didn’t see Coleman coming, but he fits the criteria perfectly. What Foote was NOT traded for was someone like Petry or Tatar who not only wouldn’t have fit a need but would have either been a rental or, if kept, wrecked our cap situation this summer.

b) You can want an incentive for Gourde all you want but that doesn’t make him a cap dump. You are the guys assuming both that we want to trade you Gourde and that we’ll pay for the privilege of doing so - it’s not us coming to you with such ****ty proposals. If I came to you proposing to take Domi off your hands for an incentive you’d tell me to **** off; I’m not sure why you (meaning Habs fans in general) think your repeated demands that we pay to give you Gourde deserve any different. If you don’t want Gourde then just say so, but insisting that we give him to you along with an incentive (particularly one who obviously isn’t available to you in the first place regardless of the return) is just childish and absurd.

c) Considering the above I don’t think you have to worry about that: there will be no incentive offered or given for the Habs to take Gourde.
a) you realistically thought Coleman was worth N Foote + the Nucks 1st before it happened? I was offering Petry at 50% retention for the Nucks 1st and C Foote and was told that was too much.
b) based on what Marleau cost coming off a better season than Gourde and only one year left with the Leafs in Cap hell with their RFAs good luck this summer making it work without offering an incentive to take Gourde (or Johnson) or losing someone better like Killorn

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Tatar + Petry + Brook VS Byram + Timmins + Newhook + Annunnen + 1st 2020 top3 protected.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Don't think Tatar/Petry would be options for Tampa since they will be in cap hell next year and they are both already signed. The only logical thing would be a UFA such as Scandella, Thompson or Kovalchuk. Both Scandella and Thompson could be had for mid/late picks. As for Kovalchuk I was thinking it could be interesting to trade him one for one for Gourde although that AndreRoy poster probably wouldnt agree

Most can agree Kovy shall be traded for a 2nd rounder and with Gourde's production and contract don't think he is worth that much more than a 2nd.

I am curious to know how Tampa intend to absorb Vasilevski's new cap hit as well as Cirelli's next year, so shedding Gourde's cap hit certainly makes sense. They clear $5,166M and Kovalchuk can replace him for their cup run this season. Seems to make sense as Tampa doesn't lose anything this year and Gourde can be replaced from within next season

Montreal has plenty of cap space and get a hometoy boy who works hard and could redeem himself like Tatar did by living up to his contract

Just spitballing here. I wouldnt mind Kovalchuk for Mathieu Joseph either...

Tatar/Petry makes more sense to Colorado since they do have cap space

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Don't think Tatar/Petry would be options for Tampa since they will be in cap hell next year and they are both already signed. The only logical thing would be a UFA such as Scandella, Thompson or Kovalchuk. Both Scandella and Thompson could be had for mid/late picks. As for Kovalchuk I was thinking it could be interesting to trade him one for one for Gourde although that AndreRoy poster probably wouldnt agree

Most can agree Kovy shall be traded for a 2nd rounder and with Gourde's production and contract don't think he is worth that much more than a 2nd.

I am curious to know how Tampa intend to absorb Vasilevski's new cap hit as well as Cirelli's next year, so shedding Gourde's cap hit certainly makes sense. They clear $5,166M and Kovalchuk can replace him for their cup run this season. Seems to make sense as Tampa doesn't lose anything this year and Gourde can be replaced from within next season

Montreal has plenty of cap space and get a hometoy boy who works hard and could redeem himself like Tatar did by living up to his contract

Just spitballing here. I wouldnt mind Kovalchuk for Mathieu Joseph either...

Tatar/Petry makes more sense to Colorado since they do have cap space
Gourde has to agree to it, and I don't think he will (at least not while we're on the hunt for a Cup). Maybe he could be persuaded to relax his NTC in the offseason to a contender (some have pointed out he might get more icetime on a slightly weaker squad).

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
I doubt Bergevin makes a big trade. If he trades anyone, it'll be one of Thompson, Cousins, or Kovalchuk.

I get what you're saying but Domi seems to have fallen out of favor in MTL for some reason. Plays 3rd line center because he doesn't want to play wing and has a contract to negotiate and I'm not sure Habs will keep him. Just a feeling of course, but I can see it happening before Tatar or even Petry being traded.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I get what you're saying but Domi seems to have fallen out of favor in MTL for some reason. Plays 3rd line center because he doesn't want to play wing and has a contract to negotiate and I'm not sure Habs will keep him. Just a feeling of course, but I can see it happening before Tatar or even Petry being traded.
He’d be a 3C in Colorado too aside from the next couple of weeks while Kadri is down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad