Speculation: Somethings cooking between habs and bolts

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
TVA sports host:
“A une semaine de la date limite des transactions, Marc Bergevin doit prendre d’importantes décisions.
#CH #Habs #Canadiens
Le DG serait en direction de Denver ce matin! Lightning vs Avalanche ce soir!” Translation: Bergevin flew to Denver this am to watch TB and Colorado

Reactions: HuskyBruinPride

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If Colorado gets Domi, I’m going to be very upset. Haha. Still not over the fact that he’s not a Coyote any longer.

Maybe that who Drouin to Colorado to reunite with MacKinnon thing we were all so sick of a few years ago will finally actually come true. Haha.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Tampa just made their big move
They still need to address the long-term RD situation there. While it can wait for the off season, the dead line may provide an opportunity to address it by moving a roster player who's value has been elevated by playing sheltered minutes on their ridiculously talent ridden roster. It would be the smart move for them, and I'm sure they are aware of it.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Couple of things -

(1) George Gillett lives just down the road in Vail (kind of down the road). It could be an in-person meeting with him.

(2) A Montreal scout resides in Denver and attends virtually all of the Avs games (presumably doing league-wide scouting). Bergevin could be meeting with him.

This likely does not involve anything pertaining to Montreal and either CO or TB.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They still need to address the long-term RD situation there. While it can wait for the off season, the dead line may provide an opportunity to address it by moving a roster player who's value has been elevated by playing sheltered minutes on their ridiculously talent ridden roster. It would be the smart move for them, and I'm sure they are aware of it.

I don't disagree but they juse dealt a top prospect and a 1st round pick that will be tough to do.

I suppose they have another 1st but do they really want to go into the draft without one?

Reactions: Yatzhee

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Why on earth people keep assuming the Habs have an interest, or in fact a need, in Zadorov?
Their poor group of defenseman is a start. Zadorov is still relatively young, under team control and plays a nasty shutdown game which also could fit team needs.

Plenty of reasons, really.

Reactions: HankyZetts

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Couple of things -

(1) George Gillett lives just down the road in Vail (kind of down the road). It could be an in-person meeting with him.

(2) A Montreal scout resides in Denver and attends virtually all of the Avs games (presumably doing league-wide scouting). Bergevin could be meeting with him.

This likely does not involve anything pertaining to Montreal and either CO or TB.

Heh.. Why (1)? As far as I know, Bergevin never worked for Gillett under any capacity.
It doesn't prevent them from having a chat over a cup of tea, but that would be a strange thing to do, from Bergevin's perspective one week away from the TDL.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Couple of things -

What would have to talk about with Gillett? Did he leave a couple razors from when he owned the team a decade ago?

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Heh.. Why (1)? As far as I know, Bergevin never worked for Gillett under any capacity.
It doesn't prevent them from having a chat over a cup of tea, but that would be a strange thing to do, from Bergevin's perspective one week away from the TDL.

Still an owner, right (putting aside any corporate structure)? Could be a state of the union or other planned meeting, regardless of any timing related to the TDL.

Reactions: MXD

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
What would have to talk about with Gillett? Did he leave a couple razors from when he owned the team a decade ago?

Perhaps I am mistaken about the current ownership, I had thought that Gillett was still involved as an owner.

**Nevermind - it appears that I was mistaken.

Reactions: MXD

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Why on earth people keep assuming the Habs have an interest, or in fact a need, in Zadorov?

Habs LHD:

Chiarot
Kulak
Mete
Scandella
Ouellet
Fleury
Alznerlol

giphy.gif

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If this is Avs related, I can't help but think it's regarding Zadorov. He's probably the most available of everyone on the Avs roster, outside of Kamenev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad