Something to keep in mind when predicting Coyotes picks...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
"We have two first-round picks and need goal scorers" - Wayne Gretzky

link

...also, since moving to Phoenix 11 years ago, the Coyotes have had 13 first round draft choices. Only one of those selections stands under 6'2''. That was Daniel Briere(5'10'') in 1996. Dan Focht is 6'6''. Patrick DesRochers is 6'3'', as is Scott Kelman, and Krystofer Kolanos, while Freddy Sjostrom, Jakub Kories, and Ben Eager are all 6'2''. Blake Wheeler and Martin Hanzal are 6'4'', and our two most recent picks, Peter Mueller and Chris Summers are both 6'2''.

Reilly*

Yep. It's gotten better lately, though. Also, Kolanos busted because of injury.

With Greg Malone (did he get fired?), expect to pick a lot of college players.

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
The consensus is JVR. I'd like to see Kane drop but I doubt it happens.

JVR - Mueller - Wheeler

Wowza! :)

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
If Kane is picked #1 JVR will be picked number 2 by the Flyers vice versa.

If the yotes want a scoring winger they need to move up in the draft of trade down a couple of spots and draft Cherpenov

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
If Kane is picked #1 JVR will be picked number 2 by the Flyers vice versa.

If the yotes want a scoring winger they need to move up in the draft of trade down a couple of spots and draft Cherpenov

I'm no expert but supposedly both teams are VERY high on Turris. I think he'll be taken by one of those two and we'll get JVR or Kane.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
hey best of luck to you, but ive been hearing that the level of competition in the BCHL is a throw off for him being 1st or 2nd overall. For Chicago it would make some sense to draft him in the hope of having a 1-2 punch between Turris and Toews. In Philly it wouldn't make sense at all to get another center they already have the 1-2-3 combo of Cater-Richards-Umberger

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Or, proof that correlation does not always precede causation. It's not necessarily drafting for size; more accurately, it's that the players they liked have been big. Obviously there have been a lot of misses, but Mueller and Hanzal were both the best guys on the board at the time of their pick (and an argument can be made for Wheeler).

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
In my mock draft that I did, I predicted that the 'Yotes end up drafting JVR and Brett McLean. When you consider that the 'Yotes are three deep with Mueller, Hanzal and Wheeler, the drafting of JVR and McLean really help fill out two of three lines.

hoppy

EK65
Jun 11, 2006
St. John's
More hinting to a JVR pick at 3rd overall, assuming he's still around.
Goalscorer
Big
American

Would fit like a puzzle with Mueller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad