Something is Rotten in Calgary

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Johnny Gaudreau has never looked as bad as he does now. Not even in his rookie year.

Z stole his soul tonight and back in the playoffs...
Was probably the most fun part to watch as an Avs fan how Gaudreau got so pissed that he kept on slashing his hands while skating to the bench. You could just feel the frustration.
Games like these are why I'd love to keep Z forever on my team. Certain teams and players can't handle that type of game. Gaudreau and the Flames are the prime example for that.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Here is what I do not get. You are playing a quick Colorado team. Reider doesn't score, but he works his tail off and isn't slow.

Why do you replace him with Ronaldo? Mindboggling to me.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
TJ Brodie, Valimaki, and Hamonic are all out injured right now. That's likely a big reason why things stink.

Calgary has turned into a Bill Peters team through and through. I heard tsn raving about their possession numbers and pondering where the high danger chances were, it was exactly what happened in Carolina for his term there.

Gio came back down to earth. He's playing like the best 36 year old in hockey right now but last year was his big hoorah. He's going to be solid this year but not otherworldly like he was last year especially with his partner out of the lineup.

Honestly, if things don't improve quick then I say Calgary just throw in the towel for the year and reload for next year. Give Gio and Brodie one last hail Mary next year and sacrifice a couple assets to add a 2/3C and a top 6 winger.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Something like a 10-player trade involving Doug Gilmour and Rob Ramage would shake things up.
Matt Stajan, Jamal Mayers, and Ian White for Dion Phaneuf and Keith Aulie.

I think this trade would help fix both teams.

Leafs get a solid top paring Dman with a massive shot and a defensive option for the bottom paring for next year.

Flames get some center depth and an OK middle pair guy.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Look at the make up of this team, there are no leaders outside of Gio, Hamonic and maybe Backlund. It's a cast of soft as butter players.

Let's see, they got rid of arguably their two best leaders from last year in Mike Smith and Neal and brought in Lucic and Talbot.

Last year they way over achieved and now they have come back down to earth. They don't have it in them this year to win, they are acting like a bubble team. Who is going to lead this team and spark a fire under everyone's behinds? Monahan? Gaudreau? Ya right. Their star players are followers, not leaders. Outside of a few people, there are no voices on this team.

And get a legit #1 goalie, Dave Riddick is not a starter.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
They were exposed big time in the playoffs last year...

Nowhere close to being a championship contender....

Reactions: Devonator

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I said it at the end of last year's playoffs, to trade both Monahan and Gaudreau. They are not good enough to lead a team when on the big stage. I find it very insulting that a couple years ago, people were labelling these two as the next Toews and Kane lol. Not even close.

Trade em both for draft picks and rebuild. Bennett is a bust but he's money in the playoffs and he's the kind of player you need to win cups, so I would keep him for this but his hype offensively was over the top. He will never top 40pts in his career.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Z stole his soul tonight and back in the playoffs...
Was probably the most fun part to watch as an Avs fan how Gaudreau got so pissed that he kept on slashing his hands while skating to the bench. You could just feel the frustration.
Games like these are why I'd love to keep Z forever on my team. Certain teams and players can't handle that type of game. Gaudreau and the Flames are the prime example for that.
This is why I'm grateful that if the Oilers make the playoffs they have two stars who aren't afraid to mix it up, get physical, and grind. Loved seeing McDavid and Draisaitl throw some big hits in the heat of the playoffs last time they were there. You'll never see that out of Johnny who just constantly cries and shakes his hand anytime he's touched and completely avoids body contact, and Monahan who just seems disinterested and passive 95% of the time he's on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad