Speculation: "Something brewing" between Habs and Oilers

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
He's not replacing Condon, he's replacing Ticker, who we can all agree is absolutely horrible.

Condon is awful as well. Take away his first 6-7 ames where it was obviously "beginner's luck" and add to that, that the team was scoring goals and Condon's stats and record is brutal. ECHL goalie at best.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
At the same time, we do have to consider that Waite has been watching Scribens for a long time now (a month or so) he likely said to go ahead with the deal

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
every time Bergevin made a trade, he surprised everyone and there were no rumors before the trade...

last season, the day before the trade deadline, Darren Dregger said on twitter that the Habs were in discussion to acquire 2 players from the Sabres. The next day that's exactly what happened.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
At the same time, we do have to consider that Waite has been watching Scribens for a long time now (a month or so) he likely said to go ahead with the deal

maybe the plan is Waite gets him back on track like 14-0-1 then we flip him when Price gets back for Malkin? Pens need a goalie too/...;) Buy low sell high

Nynja*

Condon is awful as well. Take away his first 6-7 ames where it was obviously "beginner's luck" and add to that, that the team was scoring goals and Condon's stats and record is brutal. ECHL goalie at best.

Seriously, read this post and the following post. Either you're not watching the games and just looking at the stats after the game, or you've become so indoctrinated by Carey Price's goaltending skill that you've raised the baseline of "average goaltending" to be Carey Price, and anyone worse than Carey Price is an "ECHL goalie at best".

Nynja*

The Oilers need help in their own end in the worst way.

[IM-G]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXSadLmUQAARh3B.jpg:large[/IMG]

And we dont?

dg1i6h.jpg

Apr 28, 2010
Stupid trade. Scrivens, really? Rather keep Kassian. If he's healthy, give him at least a couple of games. I really want to see his game first.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
why do people keep putting petry in trade proposals? he's got a no movement clause and i doubt he waives it to get traded to a place where he refused to re-sign

Last edited:

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Should have offloaded Desharnais instead. But if we can offload Kassian for Scrivens I'm pretty sure we can offload Desharnais for like a 7th round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->